Deadlift Chart

I've done 500x5 @ 215 and 500x4 @ 190 (just a few weeks ago).

Done with a belt/chalk, which is technically raw, but not by the rules of the post. I do have a vid of the 500x4 though.

Thats insane :eek: is the 500x4 done with no belt or chalk? ever pulled a 1rm?

Belt and chalk. Here's the link to the vid:

Belt is still considered "raw" by meet rules, but as I noted above it's not the rules of the post.

I haven't attempted a 1RM in well over a year now, though I'm tenatively shooting for a double with 605 (though I'd be ecstatic about even a single) before the end of the year.

well 505x0... lol, i'll try this again in a few days. if i can get 405 for 10 i sure as hell better be able to get this.

i <3 being short :p

I tried maxing today, and wtf, apparently my max has gone down 20 lbs, AND I've gained weight.

The DL will be suffer more from weight changes (up or down) than any other lift. It's not like the bench or squat where gain in weight = gain in strength.

With me it also doesn't respond well to constant hammering. I have to rotate phases of squats/OL pulls/light DLs with phases of really hammering it with max sets of 1-5 reps. The max sets will last me anywhere from 2-5 weeks before stagnating.

my weight: 165
max deadlift:310 (did this... uhh... sunday.. and this was after bent over rows.. so it might be a little more but thats what I did and I could only do one full one)

The DL will be suffer more from weight changes (up or down) than any other lift. It's not like the bench or squat where gain in weight = gain in strength.

With me it also doesn't respond well to constant hammering. I have to rotate phases of squats/OL pulls/light DLs with phases of really hammering it with max sets of 1-5 reps. The max sets will last me anywhere from 2-5 weeks before stagnating.

That sounds appropriate. I noticed in the past weeks I had been really hitting my posterior chain, almost on a daily basis. Most of my lifts suffered after a little while.

I'll take your ideas to heart, they seem just about right.

I was 190 when that was taken, which is a bit "underweight" for me. I tend to hover around 200-210 most of the time.

Oh btw..im moving up 20-30lbs in the next 2-3 weeks..with full rep sets and partial reps..which involves proper form, but bring the bar to your knees and putting it back down again. When i started going to gym i could only do 100lbs..and in 2 months...70lbs.

PMDilly, I tried the method you talked about; I've taken a break from excessive dl'ing and pc work, but I'm talking about how you do your singles before your sets; and that **** was way better than anything I've done for a long while.

PMDilly, I tried the method you talked about; I've taken a break from excessive dl'ing and pc work, but I'm talking about how you do your singles before your sets; and that **** was way better than anything I've done for a long while.

I know right? That's good stuff.

I hit a double with 545 today, again w/ belt and chalk.

Here's the vid:

nice lift man! :p it looked tough.

and what do you mean Lei, he does his singles before sets?
PMD, if you would be so kind and give me an example? maybe its something i have to try out.

Back