Deadlift Chart

Hey Kark, if you could update my numbers when you get a chance, that would be tight.

315 - MarkMyWords

1.68 - MarkMyWords (315/188)

1.81 Proteinboy(290/161)

PR- 290

edit: hey karks i have a vid of my deadlift, im not sure if my form is ok...is it ok if i PM you the vid once i get it up and get some feedback on it?
i find it kind of hard to keep the shoulders behind the bar(i deadlift standardly, no sumo) and my upper back archs because its so heavy. what are good ways to improve form with heavy weight?

Last edited:
You should post it in the weight training section, that way other people can take a look at it too! I'm no deadlift guru, lol :p

o_O but i suspect you would know the diff between a good pull and a sloppy one. i read the articles and tried to change a couple things, like keeping hips high and heelsclose to the bar but somewhere along the lines i realized it takes more than reading to get good form lol.

is it really that terrible if shoulders go in front of bar? isnt that how olympic lifts teach it?

Without seeing your form, it sounds to me as though you have too much weight on the bar. If you cannot deadlift the weight you have on the bar with perfect technique, the bottom line is it's too heavy. Don't compromise form/technique for tonnage!

With any exercise, your first goal is to acquire perfect technique in the movement. Then you add weight. Don't lift a ton of weight with crap technique. It's a one-way ticket to injuring yourself.

i very much appreciate that advice!
i am not eager to slab on weight, rather keep it lower with reps until i get technique very good. i believe my form with light weight is good but when it gets heavy its a different story.
iv already hurty myself that way lol iv definetly learned from it o_O

You should post it in the weight training section, that way other people can take a look at it too! I'm no deadlift guru, lol :p

Karky's suggestion to post your vid for us to see is a good one. I haven't been a member here very long, but I have a sneaking suspicion there are quite a few guys on here who will be able to take a look at your vid and pinpoint your problem immediately. Then you can take the proper steps to correct it.

You might want to show some deadlifts with various weights to determine whether it's a technique issue or a tonnage issue :)

And then you're on your way to bigger and better deadlifts :D

i very much appreciate that advice!
i am not eager to slab on weight, rather keep it lower with reps until i get technique very good. i believe my form with light weight is good but when it gets heavy its a different story.
iv already hurty myself that way lol iv definetly learned from it o_O

yeah, we need a technique vid with challenging weight, as that's when technique flaws occur. And if your upper back flexes a little, it's not a big deal, it happens when you lift big weights, your upper back can't fight it, and as long as you keep it out of the final degrees of flexon it should be ok. A LOT of powerlifters lift with a bent upper back. However, that is if your goal is to lift heavy weights, keeping the shoulderblades back and the upper back straight could have it's advantages for example for fixing posture flaws in the upper back.

Being able to deadlift twice your body weight is pretty darned impressive.

Anybody who can DL 3x their bodyweight in a year should be competing in powerlifting. I've never heard of anybody who can make those gains, and I know some pretty strong guys.

Wow, I'm still 6th on that list. I want to see G post his best and put us all to shame :D

Back