Cycling Buddies, miles to go for a better you!

thecabbie

Since Stacy started a walking club, I'd like to start a cycling club. This is my usual form or cardio and I've gotten pretty addicted to it over the years now. There is no quota, no real format even to this. Just record your mileage, maybe set yourself some goals and hang with like minded people on the forum. Since cycling can be seasonal also, I'm not against the idea of using exercise bike mileage also to get the job done. Cycle on, and have fun.

P.S. feel free to post about rides, trails, trips etc. half the fun (maybe more than half) of cycling is getting out and being active in an environment you enjoy.

Okay some Mileages for me.

5/22/09 18 miles, just over 16mph average speed, had the trail to myself practically so I could move!

5/25/09 18 miles, 15.5 mph average speed, this was memorial day, so the trail was crowded, had to constantl stop and start, slow down and speed up (kind of like HIIT though). Average speed was not as good, but the work out was.

5/26/09 12 miles, 15.5 mph avg. They DCR was doing tree work so I had to stop, then re-route through a section, thus my speed dropped.

FYI, A lot of my riding takes place on a paved rail trail near me that offers a complete round trip of 25 miles. I often do sections of it as weekday cardio, and if I have time on weekends try to get the whole trail done.

Hey Club Neighbor. ;) :D

*TeeHee*

I think this is a great idea.

I do not have real bike, so I'll be posting stats from my Stationary Bike since you mentioned it's accepted/allowed. :)

*Woohoo!*

Okay some Mileages for me.

5/22/09 18 miles, just over 16mph average speed, had the trail to myself practically so I could move!

5/25/09 18 miles, 15.5 mph average speed, this was memorial day, so the trail was crowded, had to constantl stop and start, slow down and speed up (kind of like HIIT though). Average speed was not as good, but the work out was.

5/26/09 12 miles, 15.5 mph avg. They DCR was doing tree work so I had to stop, then re-route through a section, thus my speed dropped.

FYI, A lot of my riding takes place on a paved rail trail near me that offers a complete round trip of 25 miles. I often do sections of it as weekday cardio, and if I have time on weekends try to get the whole trail done.

Awesome Job!! :hug2:

Very impressive. ;)

Rained all week. Finally get a sunny day and lo and behold, 12 miles in I get a flat... Changed the tube, one more mile and another flat...

13 miles of riding and some walking too...:biggrinjester:

5/22/09 18 miles
5/25/09 18 miles
5/26/09 12 miles

5/30/09 13 miles
6/01/09 10 miles (guesstimate, mountain biking)

Total since the start of the club, 71 miles.

Thanks for making this club, Cabbie.

Since I don't have an odometer yet, I'll be conservatively estimating my miles. I'll post before bedtime what I've accomplished today on the bike.

Thanks for making this club, Cabbie.

Since I don't have an odometer yet, I'll be conservatively estimating my miles. I'll post before bedtime what I've accomplished today on the bike.

Welcome in! I used to ride several routes regularly. What I did was drive them and copy the mileage so that I knew my mileage for reference.

I fixed the tire on my road bike today and bought an extra tube, so I'm back in business finally. I still need to get the spoke repaired on my mountain bike, and get my spare set of wheels repaired to prevent another mechanical gremlin week from happening.

So I got out today, which was good. It was supposed to rain, but it held off. I did 16 miles in exactly 1 hour so the avg mph was easy to figure out...

5/22/09 18 miles
5/25/09 18 miles
5/26/09 12 miles

5/30/09 13 miles
6/03/09 16 miles

Total since the start of the club, 87 miles.

You know... If I had been paying attention, I would have pushed one more mile out

Total since the start of the club, 87 miles.oday so that my total would come out to 100 miles so far...

5/22/09 18 miles
5/25/09 18 miles
5/26/09 12 miles

5/30/09 13 miles
6/03/09 16 miles
6/04/09 12 miles Actually was 12.5, and I did it in 46 minutes, so my avg. was 16.3 mph. Just a little better than normal. I felt pretty good today.

99 miles so far.

hmm I think this is one club ill not join, I'd hate to put you all to shame with my 50mi rides :D

hahaha, hey i just had surgery, atm i couldnt do 1km let alone 50mi .. so you can goat for a couple weeks till im better :p

Lax over the weekend about posting. Got rides in on Friday and today.

5/22/09 18 miles
5/25/09 18 miles
5/26/09 12 miles
5/30/09 13 miles
6/01/09 10 miles
6/03/09 16 miles
6/04/09 12 miles
6/05/09 11 miles
6/07/09 20 miles

130 total so far.

The weekend was a total wash-out. Nothing but rain and thunderstorms. Today is still a bit rainy, but I did all my errands on bike and am planning a ride this afternoon. I really want it to warm up. It's only in the 40s.

Hopeing to get on the bike sometime soon, of course now i finally feel like im able to its started raining :/

Ymcachick, Where do you live? 40's is pretty damn cold for this area, so I'm just curious...

Liz, yeah surgery will slow you down for sure... hope you're recovering properly.

Yeah im doing fine recovery wise, pretty darned excellent in fact :D

Back