COVID-19 vaccination club

over the course of today, the soreness has really subsided.
even putting pressure right on the injection site, it's now barely noticeable.
i'll be surprised if it isn't back to normal in the morning.

walking to the injection place i talked with a nurse for a few minutes. she had gotten a vaccination a few weeks ago and other than soreness she mentioned getting a headache. surprising when she told me her 65+ parents apparently had less reaction than she did, but added that taking some Tylenol did the trick for her. who knows if the headache was even related to the vaccine, though.

Today I had my first porsion on Sputnik V, feeling well so far :) I made it desision because I've read all your posts and feel gilty, I have for free now and don't use while a lot of people still waiting for vaccination.

politics, religion, science... when it comes to saving lives, two of those have no business being involved in any decisions, yet historically seems impossible to avoid.

one thing that i have been thinking about since the other day. i could feel a sense of relief in the medical personnel at the vaccination site. i don't think there was a person there without a smile you could definitely make out under their mask. it's been a really rough year for anyone in that field.

this morning the soreness is nearly gone... on the ten scale, a one or maybe less. yesterday i could feel a stiffness near my shoulder reaching for something, but that's barely noticeable now.

have to get to the market this morning so i'll be wearing my vaccination sticker. anything to boost the confidence in getting the shot, i know a few of the workers i run into have been in the "wait-and-see" group.

have to get to the market this morning so i'll be wearing my vaccination sticker. anything to boost the confidence in getting the shot, i know a few of the workers i run into have been in the "wait-and-see" group.
✔️ Good thinking, Flyer :)

3rd morning... about 65 hours after my 1st Pfizer injection and absolutely no sign of any soreness at all. pretty sure my next shot is on the 9th or 10th. i got a vaccination "report card" with the date, but i have to fetch it from where i left it out in my car sometime today.

i log onto a California firearms website occasionally just to check on the views of some Trump minions. still a lot of talk there about the vaccination killing people, but there's no telling how a handful of loudmouths really represent the populace.

It's great to hear that you are getting your shots. Not sure when my turn will come.

12 hours in and I feel no effects, arm is fine and no symptoms. Hope this continues.

Get that second one Flyer! It's important, I have my second one scheduled for March 22. Getting the first one has me feeling better about it all, the second one should be even better.

Cate, I hope you are able to get yours soon. How is Australia going about it? In the US the process and organization varies a lot from state to state, I am lucky that Utah is pretty organized and efficient. I know its not so for my friends in other states.

Cate, I hope you are able to get yours soon. How is Australia going about it? In the US the process and organization varies a lot from state to state, I am lucky that Utah is pretty organized and efficient. I know it's not so for my friends in other states.
I'm not sure when I will slot in, Rob but maybe I'll be phase 1B -https://coronavirus.tas.gov.au/vaccination-information/covid-19-vaccination/vaccine-rollout
We don't have any active cases in Tasmania so I'm not worried that I may have to wait. The situation here is so different from the rest of the world.
I'm really glad that my forum friends are getting the vaccine :beating:

I see that now that about 20% of the US has had first doses, and in Utah almost 7% have had second shots. It is one thing we are doing right here. A year ago I would never have believed it possible. Tracking Covid-19 vaccinations in the US
I'm not sure when I will slot in, Rob but maybe I'll be phase 1B -https://coronavirus.tas.gov.au/vaccination-information/covid-19-vaccination/vaccine-rollout
We don't have any active cases in Tasmania so I'm not worried that I may have to wait. The situation here is so different from the rest of the world.
I'm really glad that my forum friends are getting the vaccine :beating:
I looked at your website and it appears that things are quite organized. Given your extremely low, zero really, infection rates I can see why you are not too worried. Getting you and your neighbors vaccinated however should let you travel and help get things back closer to normal more quickly.

48 hours post first Pfizer injection now and no side effects, no sore arm, nothing else. At this point I probably won't have any. I did have a sore arm and felt sick for a day or so after my regular flu shot in the fall, so this was good news!

That is interesting Margaret, hope it does not turn out to be true, but it probably will.

Yesterday I was at the local grocery store (Smiths) and they had a sign in the pharmacy advertising covid vaccinations. I asked and sure enough they have started shipping the vaccine to drug stores here to be administered. The lady also told me that they will now vaccinate anyone over 50 years old, and expect that to drop again soon. I think that WalMart is probably doing the same. I had to get mine at the local health department, getting them out to more places is really good news. Our vaccine rollout really is accelerating, I am getting optimistic about things...

My wife got her second Pfizer shot this week, she had the flu like symptoms for a day or so, for her about the same as the first. Her arm hurt for a bit longer than after the first, but she is now symptom and pain free. I am looking forward to getting my second shot, also Pfizer, March 22!

mainstream news broadcasts have recently been running short clips at the end of some segments that feature "typical" Americans who have died from COVID-19. it's almost like a forest/ trees situation ... maybe an "elephant in the room"..? there is no getting past the observation that by far the majority of those deaths picture an obviously overweight victim of Covid. seems like nobody wants to voice the connection.

My husband and I both have an appointment for our first jabs.

I got my letter on Tuesday and contacted the NHS number to say that I was surprised that I had been contacted before my husband as he has so many health criteria for being category 6 (in addition to us both being category 6 because of being carers for my 98 year old mother). I said that our doctor had said that we were both category 6. I asked them to check in case his letter had got lost in the post. They checked and said that we could both book appointments.

We checked our nearest vaccination centre - but would have had to wait nearly 3 weeks for a slot.

We then looked further afield and can book elsewhere on 12th March which is a lot better. It will mean travelling further - but the helpline confirmed that it was allowed.

We have set up our appointments for the second jab too - this time at our local centre which is only a mile away. That will be on 28th May - so we should be protected in time for the releasing which Boris spoke of which is currently set for the end of June (if science allows).

It is interesting how immune we seem to be getting to hearing about the covid deaths. News media is trying to keep the story alive but seem to be getting less and less traction. Not to compare Stalin to covid, but it does bring to mind his old quote "a single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic". I am afraid much of the US is thinking that way and statistics are not very motiving to a lot of people.

The virus does still worry me, and I will keep wearing a mask and distancing so long as I think it may protect me and others, slowing the spread is important. Wish more American's felt the same, but it seems to me the mask count is going down already, way too soon for me!
We then looked further afield and can book elsewhere on 12th March which is a lot better. It will mean travelling further - but the helpline confirmed that it was allowed.

We have set up our appointments for the second jab too - this time at our local centre which is only a mile away. That will be on 28th May - so we should be protected in time for the releasing which Boris spoke of which is currently set for the end of June (if science allows).
Go Margaret!! It's important!

this past year i realized how many people i know only from running into them when i'm out having a beer. i only know their first names... sometimes only a nickname... but i haven't seen most in almost a year. many are seniors around my age or older. when things start returning to normal, i fear i might go through the discovery of some of those friends i've lost.

Back