Cocogirl's Diary

Fuunkymonk said:
Hey cocogirl, where do you live? I'm wondering because if you're in America I can help reccomend foods for you. I'm worried-it sounds to me like you're starving yourself. I know you're saying you know, but you're still not upping your calories. Why does food make you so sick? How did you get to a point where you decided you needed to lose weight? What did you eat before you decided to diet? I think you should see a doctor/nutritionist to help you plan meals that will nourish you. Your body needs food, even if your brain doesn't. Listen to your body.

Fuunkymonk,thank you :) .I live in New-York.I would really appreciate if you could help me with foods.Also,I do suspect I have an eating disorder of some sort,I have to blame it on extreme emotional stress I guess.I noticed,when I am not eating I feel so much better about myself,but when I am eating it makes me feel bad both emotionaly and phisicaly.I also have periods of time when I eat a lot and can't stop.It may take months and months for me to stop.And that is how I gained this weight.I have gained 95 pounds with in the last 2 years this way.This and I also quit smoking 7 month ago.After I stop,I go in the totally different direction - I can't eat and it can,too,last long months.I almost want to through up just thinking of food,sort of like being pragnant for the first three month when you can't really eat or hold down the food you ate.I am going to talk to my doctor ASAP.The last incident with me fainting on treadmill scared the **** out of me.I couldn't help but think what if it was my car with me as adriver and my daughter inside.I do understand now it has to stop,I just dont' know how.How to eat right? :(

Last edited:
Hello Rosered :) and Jennifer :) ,
I missed you too!I didn't have a chance to read your posts for the past 5 days yet and going to read them now!Glad to see you all! :p :p :p

Hey coco,

I'm so sorry about your fall and i hope that your body is feeling better. I have to say that i agree with the others that perhaps you aren't getting enough food into your body to give it the strength to keep going strong. I'm super glad that you are going to talk with your doctor about it. That is one way to start figuring out how to eat right.

As far as some food ideas, first of all, try to think of the foods that you can eat, that you love to eat, and start there. If you love chicken, begin with that, and eat a grilled chicken breast with some fresh veggies. I would post here some of your favorite foods that you think you could stomach, and maybe we can help come up with some easy recipies that will get you excited and able to eat food again.

Take it easy sweetie, and take care of yourself. We are all here for support, and I hope that you start getting your energy back!

Amomono :) ,thank you so much for your kind words.I teared up a bit,not that I am feeling sorry for myself,it's just that this diet is really tough on me and every word of encouragment is very dear to me :) .Thank you.I have listened to my body,just as Fuunkymonk said and right now can tolerate following foods:

spinach,tomatoes,boiled salmon,boiled chicken,apples,pears,egg whites(boiled),oranges,cucambers,mushrooms,grilled onions,meatballs with no sause,yogurt and that is it.

I feel sick when I think of anything broiled or fried,smell of food makes me want to run to the bathroom.Over Sunday and Monday I ate a lot of food,but,again,all boiled:chicken and some cheese and lots of tomatoes.I even had 5 M&M's - I don't really like chocolate even when I am in the eating mode.I felt like a pig.And to top it all,I had an apple turnover which really made me sick with diaria(sorry again).How do I manage to eat three times a day with such a limited amount of food? :( :confused:

Last edited:
How do I manage to eat three times a day with such a limited amount of food?

Why dont you increase your number of meals to 4 or 5, and make them a bit smaller. That will keep you feeling full longer and actually help to burn more fat. If you have trouble with always feelings hungry try Grapefruit Extract it is a natural way to help you feel full longer after your meals so that you dont want to eat as much and dont feel hungry as much! GOOD LUCK

Oh you poor thing that’s terrible. Please please go to the doctor and tell them what’s going on. Don’t wait another day another minute another second go now… show them a list of your food diary and exercise and tell them exactly how you are feeling.

You since you eat soo little try to supplement your diet with a vitamin B complex since it helps convert food to energy at least more of the food you eat will be "more nutritionally available for your body".

I think that you can do a lot with the list of foods you provided. Look at this way-for breakfast, you have some egg whites and a cup of yogurt. In the mid morning have an apple as a snack. For lunch you could make yourself some boiled chicken with mushrooms and grilled onions (maybe put it on some wheat bread, if you can tolerate that) and have it with an orange on the side. In the afternoon have a pear as a snack, and then for dinner some boiled salmon with spinach as a side, and chop up cucumbers and tomatoes for a little side salad (I like mine with vinegar and garlic salt, but if you can't stomach that maybe just some salt and pepper to bring out the flavor.) For dessert you could have another yogurt or an apple. Work your way up. Try out other foods if you can. I know it's tough to deal with so much food preperation-Lean Cusine makes lots of little meals you can start sampling. Morningstar farms makes lots of meat subsitutes which might be easier on your stomach and you should have no problem finding them in New York.

I'm not a doctor and neither is anyone else on this board (as far as I know.) I would really like to see you meet up with your doctor or with a nutritionist about how you can incorporate new foods in your diet and how to make healthy meals. You need to set a good example for your daughter and you need to do well for yourself because you're important too! I'm so glad that you're okay and that you're back. We have to eat to survive and there is nothing wrong with that-just like Jennifer said, it's like taking care of your car and using premium gas and getting to oil changed regularly. It's important! And so are you. It's time to start treating yourself that way.

Oh, you know what I also thought of? My best friend has IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and it's hard for her to eat a lot of different foods. When you see a doctor you might want to ask about that.

Fuunky monk had some great ideas for food.. and how you can spread them out and try a few different things... here are a few more ideas...

if you like salmon, you could try to get canned salmon, or the freshpacks of it and make salmon salad ( or use chicken! or tuna if you could eat it) - use non fat yogurt instead of mayo for the filling, and cut up some cucumbers, apples, celery maybe and mix it all together... i know apples sounds kind of funny for salad, but believe me, it's so good... it adds a bit of sweetness and crunchines... or leave it out. You can either serve it on top of the spinach, OR get some pitas or bread and make sandwhiches...

If you use plain yogurt, get some fresh fruits (the pears would be good, or peaches/strawberries, other berries work really well too) mix that in, and then possibly add some granola on top... the grains in the granola will be good for you, and will add some sweetness too.

Mix it up as far as salads go... for instance, tonight I had a spinach salad w/ a tomato diced on top, as well as baby carrots and some skim swiss cheese. For dressing, I just use lemon juice. Again, apples go well in salads =)

I think that you have alot of options there... you do have quite a few proteins (salmon, chicken, eggs, yogurt) which is VERY important as far as keeping your body going. As well as lots of veggies. Keep eating the yogurt, or any other dairy products you can think of, b/c i have heard dairy is supposed to be really good for loosing weight, as well as being good for your bones (which need it =) I hope that some of these posts will help!

Back