Cocogirl's Diary

cocogirl

Hello,
My name is Anya,I am 30 years old,have 9 year old daughter and in desporate need to loose weight.I had major heart attack at the age of 27.Besides my health concerns - I think my hubby doesn't deal to well with the fact that I have gained almost 90 pounds over the last 5 years.
So, two weeks ago I have started my diet.I would like to say sorry up front for my possible mistakes in English - I am not American born and have a long way to go with my English,but I promise,I will try my best not to make any mistakes.
Well,so far my diet consisted of low amount of fruits,lots of veggies and chicken or fish - always broiled with no butter,dressings or any sort of spices on any of my food.I drink 2 liters of water per day and walk 5 miles at 17 minutes per mile,I don't eat after 5 p.m and I do not eat after my exercise for 4 hours.I have no hunger,but I do take my diet very hard emotionaly.As I said earlier,my diet started on January 25 of 2005:

Weight - 225 pounds

SO far I didn't weigh myself - I am so afraid to see that there is no results whatsoever.Tomorrow I am going to weigh myself and also take all my measurements and from now on every two weeks will record everything about my diet here.I have a goal - 140 pounds and a very long way ahead of me.

Cocogirl,
Welcome to a wonderful, supportive forum!

Congratulations on the changes you have made in your lifestyle. (I do have to say, however, why are you doing without spices? Most spices are very low in calories and the bonus flavors may help you not overindulge.)

I'm impressed by your workout schedule! Good for you.

Between your diet and exercise efforts I'm sure that scale will start revealing a new you very soon!

I started my diet journal a month before you and I am down 19 pounds. You
can do it!

Totallyscrappy

Hello :) ,
Thank you for the kind words! :) I do not use spices because they make me hungry.To tell you the truth,sometimes I loose hope,but as times go by I believe I can achive my goal of 140 pounds.

So,today was absolutely OK day.I weigh myself in the morning for the first time since the first day of diet.I will tell you about my results at the end of the post.First about what did I do today to loose weight.

Speedwalked first thing in the morning for 45 min. 2,5 miles

Breakfast:Multivitamins,apple,piece of rough black bread with a slice of cheese.

1 cup of green tea

Dinner:
Salad made of one big tomato,two small cucabers,two teaspoons of shreded cheese,one teaspoon of olive oil. Half a pound of boiled salmon.

That's it.I can't eat anything else,will explode :(

I drank 2 liters of pure water.

Speedwalked again for 45 minutes 2,5 miles.
All together I speedwalked for 1 hour 30 minutes 5 miles. :)

As I said in my first post at the beginning of my diet my weight was 225.SO,I weigh myself today again for the first time:

January 25 - 225 pounds
February 9 - 201 pounds.

Amazingly,I have lost 24 pounds in just a bit over 2 weeks :eek: :eek: :eek: .I assume most of it is my water weight,because I used the same scale,did it in the morning before any water or food intake.I also lost inches as well.I have lost 3,5 inches in my waist,2 inches in my chest and 1,5 inches in my but.

Honestly,I don't feel any better.I am still a 200 pound elephant lady :( .

Cocogirl, you have done an amazing job! You will begin to notice the results and it will make you so much stronger to keep at it!
I wish I could walk with you everyday!
Before you know it your hubby or your daughter will see that your size is shrinking and that is another boost of steam to keep moving forward.
Two thumbs up for you!

Thank you Rosered and Christina :) .It really helps when somebody else sees the situation differently.And thank you so much for inspirational words!!! :p Well,I did OK today:

First thing in the morning speedwalked for 45 minutes 2,5 miles.

Breakfast:pear,three harboiled eggs(eggwhites only)

Cup of green tea

Dinner:Half a pound of boild salmon,steamed spinach,tomato,one slice of fresh mozrella cheese.

That's it for today with food

Just now speedwalked for 45 min. 2,5 miles.
Drank 2 lieters of water.

All together I have walked for 1 hour 30 minutes 5 miles :) :) :)
I am going to take a hot bath now and treat myself with a cup of English tea(no sugar addes).Am I good or what!? :p

Hey girl keep that chin up! We're here for you. You're a beautiful woman who is just going through a tough time right now. Things will turn around and you'll be so glad that you had the strength to go through what you did. :) You're doing great so far! Keep it up and the sun is still shining.

Thank you Amanda:))))))).I am just being silly.DO you know this feeling when you are working so hard and looking like crap (pardon my Fench) anyway?Well,that's how I am today - a basket case,feelling sorry for poor fat self.

Come here you...gonna kick ya in the butt!!!! calling yourself an elephant lady after you loose 24 pounds!!!!!
LOL
I know you are joking and so am I....We all have those fatty-fat-fat girl days .... even the skinny chicks have em.....seriously we are our own worst critics.

go do something to cheer yourself up...new lipstick....earings,...nails done....new nail polish...go spoil yourself...you are doing awesome!

Thank you Jennifer :) ,I know you are absolutely right!I just watched Oprah show about this amazing person,true survivor Lance Armstrong.I felt so ashamed of myself!He is such an inspiration to so many people and here I am feeling sorry for myself :rolleyes:

Anyway.Today was OK as well :) .

Speedwalked first thing in the morning 2,5 miles 45 minutes.

Breakfast:One hardboiled eggwhite.Slice of cheese.AppleCup of green tea.

Dinner: ground beaf broiled(half a pound).Salad made of cabage,tomatoe and green onions,teaspoon of olive oil.

No snacks,drank 10 glasses of water and not done with drinking water yet.

Speedwalked another 45 minutes 2,5 miles.

Hope I will have enough will power to get through the weekend :) .

Well,Saturday was good :p ,
As usual,speedwalked for 45 minutes first thing in the morning 2,5 miles.

Breakfast:eggwhites omlet with mushrooms and onions.Apple.
Dinner: salad of beats and onions,two meatballs.

No snacks whatsoever!

Speedwalked again for 45 minutes 2,5 miles.
Drank 10 glasses of water

I have to say I am proud of myself this week.In this seven days I speedwalked for the total of 35 miles!Burned 4620 calories 1442 of which are fat calories.In this seven days I drank 70 glasses of water!WOW! I am also proud of the fact that I didn't cheat or had any snacks or any sweets,just proteins,fruits and veggies. :) :) :p

Last edited:
Cocogirl,
How do you walk all those miles and drink all that water at the same time???

Rememer those hats that frat guys wore? The hat held a few cans of beer and there was lots of platic "straw" tubing that enabled the wearer to drink beer "hands-free."

I suddenly have a picture of you sporting such a hat with big bottles of water attached!!

glub, glub, glub...
Totallyscrappy

cocogirl said:
feeling kinda down today.Looked at myself in the mirror and the sun went down. :(

Hey girly. I was flipping through your diary and I saw this! You have done such a great job! There's no need for you to beat yourself up about it. Look, you have a husband and a daughter who love you no matter what you look like. You're incredibly lucky. And you're doing so well-24 pounds! That's amazing. I started my diary on January 1st and I've done pretty well and I've only lost 5 pounds! And, as a future English teacher, I am qualified to say that you write very fluently for a non-native speaker. So chin up. When I saw your line about looking at yourself in the mirror and the sun going down I thought of this song by the band Blind Melon (you may or not know them-they did the song No Rain with the video with the sad bumblebee girl.) Anyway, they had another song called Change that I love to listen to when I'm feeling down about myself and your little line reminded me of it, so I copied and pasted the lyrics for you. If you're able, you should try to download it, it's a beautiful song:

Blind Melon: Change
I don't feel the sun's coming out today
It's staying in, it's gonna find another way
As I sit here in this misery I don't think I'll ever see the sun from here
And oh as I fade away, they'll all look at me and say,
Hey look at him I'll never live that way
But that's ok they're just afraid to change

When you feel your life ain't worth living, you've got to stand up and
take a look around you, then a look way up to the sky
And when your deepest thoughts are broken, keep on dreamin boy cause
when you stop dreamin its time to die
And as we all play parts of tomorrow
Some ways we'll work and other ways we'll play
But I know we can't all stay here forever
So I want to write my words on the face of today
.....And then they'll paint it

And oh as I fade away they'll all look at me and say,
hey look at him and where he is these days

When life is hard you have to change

So there you go. You're doing great. In fact, I think you should relax a little bit-don't make your whole life about losing weight-make your life about living healthily.

:D :) :cool:

Fuunkymonk,thank you so much :) !This song is absolutely beautiful,I love the lirics.Thank you for the compliments to may English as well,but I know I still have a very long way to go.You post is so inspirational really.I looked at my little daughter who doesn't care how her mother looks and loves me no matter what and my hubby too - that is a lot to have an be grateful for.Thank you! :)

Today I had a good day.
Speedwalked 2,5 miles for 45 minutes first thing in the morning.
Breakfast: Apple,three hardboiled eggwhites

Dinner:Salad made of fresh cabage,tomatoe,carrot and one teaspoon of olive oil + grilled chicken breast.

10 glasses of water(not done yet),no snacks.

Speedalked another 2,5 miles for 45 minutes.
Fell good about things and myself :p .

LOL,great idea about the hat,didn't think of it! :p I just love what I do and I want to reach my goal and if somebody tells me all I have to do is speedwalk and drink 10 glasses of water,I am going to speedwalk and drink 10 glasses of water no matter what! :p :)

Jennifer,Thank you!Let's walk together!Never thought I will love to speedwalk that much till I tryed.My name is Forest,Forest Gump!;-)))))))

I would love to be able to keep up to your routine!!!!
Starting tomorrow I am gonna try what you do!

Back