Club 140s

Hey Everyone....no idea if anyone checks this thread anymore but I found/find the whole idea of clubs for “decades” of weight so helpful. I am currently 143. I weigh less than I have since before having my son (who is now 2.5 years old), but I still need to drop weight. I have changed to a vegan diet which helped me shed a few pounds in the past 10 days. I also run 3 or 4 days per week. Hope I can leave this club, but I realize it takes more discipline than I ever realized.

Getting from overweight to average, healthy weight and staying there can be hard but getting from there to lean requires constant dedication for most people.
I have nothing against veganism, I´d probably be vegan if restriction didn´t make me binge so much, but be careful you don´t fall into fad versions that´ll leave you nutrient deficient and sick in the long run (looking at you, Freelee and friends). Plus, of course: supplement b12 if you´re not consciously and consistently eating b12-fortified products.

Hi LaMaria, I just want to give you some honest feedback. Please do think about it - I have seen so many times on online forums when feedback is given people reply defensively which is why I never give feedback - but I am getting a bit braver and wanted to speak up. I know you are trying to be helpful but you may want to consider how your reply reads. Pointing out other people’s failures and calling veganism a “fad” (which it is not - you may want to check the history of veganism as well as why people do it), can come across as extremely judgemental. Remember, even though you are a senior member, we are trying to support each other here.

I do, however, really appreciate your understanding about how it is hard and requires constancy vigilance- it does really feel that way.

I agree that veganism as such is not a fad and need not be unhealthy at all, especially when compared to the Standard American Diet. I don´t think I said veganism is bad per se, but words are hard and I´m not a native speaker so I apologize for causing confusion. To clarify: I follow at least a half-dozen vegan Youtubers for recipe ideas and because of that I caught some of the movement´s regrettable drama in the past couple of years. While veganism as such is a good idea for several reasons within it there are faddy subpopulations which can be cultish and unhealthy, despite having young, pretty, healthy-looking proponents. As far as I can tell beginner vegans are the people most at risk of being taken in by those movements and I just wanted to issue a warning.

Last edited:
143.2 lbs!!!

Back