CB's Progress Report

you know what? i went almost a year i think without a slice of bread and barely missed it. i used those wrap things (like 100 calories each) to roll my stuff up in. sometimes i get the flavored kind and its near the deli section in my supermarket. only times i really missed the bread was for like hotdog rolls and things like that. and who needs pasta? make it for the family but barely have it except if im craving the stupid grated paremesan you sprinkle on it - then i want pasta! :D i may havta stay outta here tho reading black beans made me nauseas lol. sounds like your off to a great beginning.

Last edited:
Hey congrats on the weight loss! I do to protein shakes a day theyre my snacks combined with a fruit or something, i love them. im not familiar with the ones your doing (the soy protein one sounds ok though) your food look excellent. WW brown beans and rice yum mmmm! :D

Well, today is my birthday and I sure am depressed. :( (probably because it's my birthday) Remember when they used to be so much fun? Ice cream, cake, presents! Maybe even a trip to Chucky Cheese :cool: .

It's probably just my mood, but today I'm really noticing how fricken huge I've become. In my introduction I mentioned that I really didn't notice the pounds as they were piling on. I'd look in the mirror and see the same old medium size Christian despite the increasing pants sizes (That's my name by the way, Christian :)) I guess my vision is finally catching up to the pounds and it kinda sucks! Now every time I pass by a mirror I think, "You idiot. How did you let it come to this?!"

But like many of you I'm a veteran dieter, so I'm no stranger to the emotional highs and lows that accompany the weight loss process. The downfall of all of my diets has been a day when I felt so bummed that I succumbed to a MAJOR diet failure which, in turn, resulted in loss of hope.

Well, no worries, today is not that day and I'll do all I can to ensure that it doesn't come to that again. I might as well use this as an excuse to reaffirm my commitment to weight loss so that by June 20th of 2006 I'll have reached my goal of 100 pounds lost. That averages out to losing a little over 1.7 pounds per week which sounds potentially doable to me. (My real goal is actually a total loss of 115 lb, but 100 lb is enough to worry about for the moment.

On to today’s plan:

- I was going to make room for a planned cheat, but given my mood I don’t think that’s a wise idea. I’ll save it for another time. My friends are trying to take me out to dinner, but I’m desperately trying to avoid it. I’m really not in the mood to deal with restaurant food and people trying to buy me drinks. Argg! :mad:

B. Chocolate flavored Slim Fast Optima shake mixed with ½ banana. First time I’ve done that and it was darn good!
L. Leftover black beans and brown rice. (I cook the brown rice with minced garlic, chopped onions, and a fat free low sodium chicken broth rather than water. I drain canned black beans and mix them with a teaspoon of cumin and cayenne pepper. Very yummy)
S. Cup of baby carrots
D. Pan Seared Salmon and Grilled Veggies
S. ½ banana

First off Happy Birthday Christian! i know i said it the other day but nothing like hearing it on your actuall bday :D
Dont let it get you down, you have to remember set backs do happen, ive had many lol. i say go out with your freinds and have a blast. dont over do it with the food or drinks but do have a good time you deserve it!
I did the same thing never realised the weight had gotten that bad, but it did, i think it happens to allot of ppl. we are here to help you out so dont get discouraged, if you have a pc of cake or ice cream it wont be the end of the world, but will make sure you kick some butt the next day with your food and exercise to make up for it ;)
your beans and rice sound great ill have to try it that way :)
NOW go have some FUN!!!! :p

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Smiley :)

I felt a lot better last night and I'm feeling great today. Didn't go out last night but agreed to go out for sushi with the gang sometime this week.

I don't know what to do with all of this energy. Went for a long walk this morning followed by a tough half hour on the stationary bike. I'd hit the weights but I did some lifting yesterday and I'm starting a new lifting plan tomorrow. Maybe I'll head to the mall and wander around. At least I'll be moving.

Today's plan:

B. Soy Protein Shake w/ ½ banana.
S. Cup of baby carrots
L. Leftover Black Beans and Rice
S. ½ banana
D. Baked Chicken Breast and green beans

Keep up the good work, Christian!
And, by the way, Happy Late Birthday!! Hope it was a great one!
Good luck and stay strong... you can do it!

sorry im late but happy birthday! and you can say veteren dieter again LOL. i have been dieting since i dint even need to diet. boy i sure wasted a lot of time not having fun. :eek:

Hi Christian I have just read through your diary and it sounds like you are doing terrific, a big congratulations on the 7 pounds that’s unreal. Just remember you’re not on a diet, your just changing your lifestyle. Honestly honey life’s to short to miss out on a great birthday don’t forget to enjoy your self on your journey all the best for this week.

Thanks for the encouraging words everyone, and so true on the lifestyle change, Rose.

I ended up walking around the mall today looking at all the fun clothes I could buy when I reach my goal weight. See ladies, it's not just you! That being said, I'm perfectly satisfied with my 4 pairs of shoes. :p

I have a couple of outfits I have torn the pic out of magazines that i have always wanted but they dont come in my size... What a great way to motivate...it is so possible..just hard work. Good for you! I hope you had a great B-day!

Well glad you were feeling better Christian :)
whats your new lifting plan look like (sorry im curious, cant let you get ahead lol ;) )
i love to shop i look at all the stuff i could(if i had a gazzilion dollars lol)4 pairs of shoes now were talking!!!my kinda man, i LOVE shoes :cool:

Well, Smiley, I'm going to move back to a MWF 3 way split program rather than doing full body lifting workouts 3 or 4 times per week. I'll probably see better results despite being on a diet that promotes weight loss rather than gain.

I'm using that bodybuilding.com site to come up with an effective program that I can do at home. I have a free weight cage that I bought many years back that I absolutely love. It looks likes this one, but mine was about $100 cheaper :)

The one I have also came with an adjustable bench that can incline 90 degrees making a fully backed seat. There's 2 attachments, one for preacher curls and one for hamstring curls and leg extensions. The nicest part though is just being able to slide the bench into the cage for chest presses, and then slide it out for squats. Oh, and there's an upper and lower pulley outlet which is great for additional back, shoulder and arm exercises.

Only thing I'm lacking on right now is dumbbells. I have a set that goes up to 40 pounds, but that's not going to cut it if I want to start doing decline DB chest presses or DB military press. No worries though, still have plenty of heavy plates for the cage.

I also have a tread mill (currently out of service) and a stationary bike. Honestly, I have used all of this equipment to great success in the past. Alas, I'm not really sure why I quit. Probably the alcohol. :mad: Oh, and I'm single w/o children, so there's plenty of room for all this junk in the apartment. :p

I'll post the exact plan I'm doing when I figure it out. I think I'm going to work around this program here..

I'll have to modify that plan a bit for the exercises I can't do properly at home, such as the leg press, seated calf raises and dips.

Today's Plan:
B. Slim Fast Optima w/ ½ banana
S. 1 Cup Baby Carrots
L. Chicken breast baked with hot salsa, grilled green pepper
S. ½ banana
D. Tomato Basil soup and a plain baked potato.

Ouch! Okay, I'm officially on my knees and begging that workout for mercy.

I did workout #2 on the list, so that would be..

- Squats
- Lunges (substituted for Leg Press)
- Leg Extensions
- Hamstring Curls
- Standing Calf Raises (substituted for sitting calf raises)
- Military Press
- Upright Rows
- Flys

I only made it half way through lunges and had to forego the leg extensions this time around. The squats kicked my arse and my quads simply gave out on me half way through the lunges, literally. I just dropped to a knee. :D But hey, I was aiming for muscle failure and I got it! The rest of the exercises were okay, but the squats took so much out of me it was still tough getting through it.

Going to have to find another way to do the standing calf raises. I start with my toes on a 2 inch incline to get a wider range of motion, but balance was a bit of a problem.

(((green with envy))) lol i wish i had a rack!!! i want one so bad but itll have to wait for now.(i want a power rack w/ cage :p )

thats a solid work out. a lot of ppl like a 3 day split works well for them. for the seated calf raises just do em standing up instead hold your db in your hands(i do mine on a 2x6 so i get better ROM) leg press is hard to replace i dunno maybe lunges or an extra set of squats.(hate lunges!!!well high box lunges are ok)
so you only have 40lbs of plates total for your db?Hmmm id get more plates lol bc im at 20lbs(ea)military press, so if your gonna outlift me you need to get some plates lol :p ;)
how often do you plan on doing cardio?and maybe look into upping your protein. looking good though keep it up :)

hahaha you posted before i was done too funny!

Too funny, Smiley. I used your suggestions before you even mentioned them. Great minds think alike. Hmm, then again so do weak minds. I hope we're the former. ;)

Sorry. Iguess I wasn't clear on my weight situation. :eek: I have near 300 pounds total in plates. I use those for the long bar, E-Z bar, tricept bar and the pulley system. But as far as handheld dumbbells go, I only have them in 5lb increments up to 40lbs (each). If I up that number to 60 I should be good to go for a while. I use the long bar for most of my heavy lifting anyway (or at least I did back when I was lifting regularly). It's just so much easier using dumbbells for things like military press and incline/decline chest press. Better that than spending lots of time trying to get the bench and rack properly situated for each of those workouts.

My original plan was to do cardio every day; walk + stationary bike daily. However, I'm sure as hell not going to get on the bike today, and a walk is out of the question. I suppose I could have done it before the lifting, but I'd rather not tire out my legs before that workout. Given the amount of weight involved that could be dangerous, even with safeties in place. I guess I'll amend my plan to 6 days of cardio and 3 days of lifting per week.

Oh, and I used the 30 pound db's for my military press today . :p ;)

Last edited:
ChubbyBuddy said:
Sorry. Iguess I wasn't clear on my weight situation. :eek: But as far as handheld dumbbells go, I only have them in 5lb increments up to 40lbs (each).

Oh, and I used the 30 pound db's for my military press today . :p ;)

Nah my bad i wasnt reading it right lol :D you have a pretty good set up....lucky you!!! i like DB for the dec/inc press and stuff too,....and its def. great minds lol well thats what i think anyways. ;)
cardio sounds good, ive droped it on leg days too, its just too much. what about abs how often will you be doing those?, i dont think it was mentioned in your work out. and Damn your outlifting me all ready!got to get my bootey in gear! :p ;)

smiley said:
what about abs how often will you be doing those?, i dont think it was mentioned in your work out.

Good catch. Maybe it was a subconscious desire not to do any ab work that made me leave them out. ;) Okay, I think I'll add crunches and cable crunches to my Monday plan to start. That seems to be quicker day of the 3.

I'm just going to take it easy for the first couple of weeks. Going to focus more on stable reps at medium weight to build those stablizer muscles I haven't been using. Then I'll kick it into high gear! :D

Hi there CB...I dont' have alot of input in the way of weight lifting, just wanted to say Hi and hope things are going great for you. Joined the 20 pound club huh? Good choice! I lost 18 pounds on the last one and I feel like a whole new (happier) person.

Good plan get back into the grove of things and get a feel for it all again ;) ....sorry i wasnt trying to be pushy or anything just noticed they werent in there lol. :p :D and the 20lbs club is great, :)

Whew, cardio is going to hurt today after yesterday's workout. My quads are so sore!

Well, my buddy's grandfather passed away so he and his wife are going to be out of town all weekend. That puts me in charge of dog sitting duty. He lives over a half hour from me and the dog is very needy, so essentially I'll be living out of his house from this evening to Sunday morning. That's all well and good, but they have SOOOO much junk food in the house! Cookies, popsicles, puddings, popcorn, ice cream, brownies, cake, etc! It's sick over there!

I'm quite confident that I'll be sticking to my plan and won't be indulging in this junk, but that doesn’t mean it's going to be any fun being around it. I'm going to hit the grocery store on the way over there and get everything I need to survive the weekend.

On the plus side, they do have everything my house lacks... washer, dryer, dishwasher, etc. It'll be like living in a strange futuristic world. ;)

Today's Plan:

B. GoLean Shake w/ 1/2 a banana
S. Cup of baby carrots
L. Healthy Choice Chicken Fiesta Soup
S. 1/2 banana
D. ???

Exercise - Long walk followed by a half hour on the stationary bike assuming my legs can handle it.

Back