CB's Progress Report

ChubbyBuddy

Well this certainly seems like a good idea. I hope I end up making this thread a VERY long one!

Here's my intro if you don't know me.
http://weight-loss.fitness.com/showthread.php?t=1116

Starting Weight: 300 lbs
6/15/05: 297
Goal Weight: 200 lbs

Last week's progress:
- Lost 3 pounds and quit drinking

Goals for the remainder of this week:
- Keep using the stationary bicycle for a half hour per day
- Begin weight training twice a week
- Stay the course!

CB

Last edited:
Hey, looking good!! What does your diet look like?

Thanks for the support :)

newbride02 said:
Hey, looking good!! What does your diet look like?

The theme of my new plan is "moderation and movement," newbride. I've tried low fat, low carb, low cal, etc. They all work, but the first time I break from the diet I feel like I've failed and set myself back. That feeling of failure inevitably leads me back to my old ways. So this time around I'm not going on a "diet", per se. I'm looking at this as a lifestyle change. The difference being that when I slip up and eat a small bag of Sour Patch Kids (yummy!) I won't see it as a failure, but rather as a nice little treat that I can enjoy on a rare occasion because for the most part I'm eating and exercising like I should. Well, that's the plan anyway. We'll see how it works out. :rolleyes:

The biggest difference for me is that I'm cooking all of my meals from scratch, with the exception of diet shakes for breakfast. That way I know exactly what I'm putting into my body. I also get a lot of personal pleasure from preparing a tasty, healthy meal on my own. Cooking is fun!

Whew, feeling great today. It's amazing how much better I feel when I'm not shoving massive amounts of junk down my throat. Why do I ever go back to eating that way? The mind is a strange thing.

Been slacking on my exercise the last two days. Kinda of half assed my stationary bicycle rides and gave up after 20 minutes or so, but that's mostly because the air conditioning is broken and it's miserable inside. On the plus side, I'm probably burning extra calories just by sitting in this hot house! I'm going to start alternating between walking and the bike to keep things interesting. I can't wait until I can run again, but that's at least 50 pounds away :( Don't want to do any unnecessary damage to my knees.

I made a great chicken pasta dish for lunch today but I made WAY too much of it. So, I guess I'll be having pasta for dinner tonight too :) I've been trying to cook up single servings so I don't tempt myself to eat too much, but seeing as how I have about 6 servings left after lunch I guess this will be a good personal test.

I have a buddy coming to visit during his lunch break, but after that I need to exercise! Looks like a nice day for a walk.

B. Slimfast shake with skim milk

L. Chicken Pasta (includes tons of veggies)

D. More Chicken Pasta. Given the amount I made I'll be having it for days, lol. Live and learn.

Last edited:
I know what you mean about cooking too much. It takes so much strength not to eat too much, but I can promise you that it will get easier. :D You're doing great, keep it up! :D And I hope your AC will work again soon. I hate heat! ;)

Today was great except for an unintentional 5 hour nap. I was feeling a little sleepy around 2 o'clock so I thought I'd lay down and rest my eyes. Didn't wake up until 7. Oops!

I was planning on taking a walk early this evening but it's too dark out now. In my area it's best not to be out alone at night, even if you're a near 300 pound man. Fortunately I still managed a high intensity half hour on my stationary bike this morning.

B. Shake

S. A few bites of that chicken pasta I still have left

L. Tomato Rotini Soup

D. Chicken Pasta

maybe if you make too much you can freeze it so that 1) you cant eat it if its frozen! 2) you can save it for 2 weeks from now so you dont have to cook!

on days when you dont get as much exercise as you should (like me!) it helps to make yourself very INEFFICIENT on purpose so you can burn more calories lol. for instance, instead of taking all the laundry out of dryer in laundry basket in one sweep forget the basket (i dont even own one!) take a few things out, walk all the way to where your gonna put them like the bedroom, then come all the way back and do the same thing. or when taking groceries out of car, i purposely only carry one bag at a time so i have to make several trips to my car and house to get it all done. little things like that will add up over time, right?

Some good ideas there Wonderwoman. I especially like the inefficiency idea :D . Won't work on my laundry though. The washer and dryer I use is about 2 miles away from my bedroom. What a workout that would be!

Lol yes those are some good ideas i love being inefficiant :p i know what you mean about going for a walk after dark. its the same for me i have a dog but i just dont feel its the safest thing to do. congrats on using your stationary bike instead, Looking good keep up the good work :)

Whew, had a great workout this morning. I woke up with so much energy I decided to head right out for a walk after breakfast. I followed that up with the stationary bike doing the highest intensity half hour program, and then I hit the weights. I'm beat!

Here's the plan for today:

B. Shake
L. More of the never ending chicken pasta.
D. Progresso chicken noodle soup.
S. Shake

I'm sure my friends are going to drag me out to a bar or club tonight, especially since my birthday is this coming Monday, and well, who wants to go out on a Monday?! I haven't really talked to them about trying to lose weight (you know how us men are) so it'll be kind of awkward when I have to explain that I'm not drinking or partaking in a giant plate of nachos. :p Oh well, the good news is that I'm not worried about being tempted. I have too much motivation at the moment to make that kind of mistake.

I need to head to the grocery store today and pick up some fruit. The shakes I'm having don't seem to have enough calories to make for a suitable breakfast. Besides, I don't have any fruit in my diet at the moment. Tons of veggies, but no fruit.

I know how hard it can be to resist temptation, especially when friends are around. But you will do just fine, because like you said, you have great motivation!

And congrats on the workout, you're doing so great! :D

Hey CB...welcome aboard.. I was reading your posts & it looks great.. Just noticing you are eating alot of pasta.. Unfortunately even though we love pastas, breads etc..even if they are whole grains they still raise our glycemic (blood sugar) index & cause us to store fat instead of use it...
Try to use more fruits and less starches... the fruits have natural carbs & will keep you fuller longer as they have lots of fiber too.
Keep up the great work!

stoptheexcuses said:
Just noticing you are eating alot of pasta..
Hehe, yeah, the never ending pasta is almost gone. Won't be making that kind of mistake again. :)

Last edited:
Go CB its your birthday, were gonna party like its your birthday (sorry too much coffe i think :p )woohoo have fun for your birthday! glad your motivated to stay on track.

about the pasta have you tried the whole wheat pasta they are a little lower on the GI scale also combining pasta with protein/fat will lower the GI too. my problem with pasta is not the carb/GI factor its the fact i love it so much i eat too much of it(mmm pasta salad :rolleyes: )
Hey congrats on an awesome work out too!

what kind of shakes are you doing at the moment?

smiley said:
what kind of shakes are you doing at the moment?
I have 3 I've been using to keep things interesting.

- Slim Fast Optima
- Kashi: GoLean
- Gen Soy: Soy Protein Shake

I've been mixing one serving with 1 cup of skim milk per directions. They're all very good and keep me full enough. I'd just like to add some extra calories there in the morning. Maybe half a banana per shake.

Time for my official Sunday weigh-in:

Start: 300
Current: 293
Goal: 200

The weight has been pouring off, as it does every time I start a new diet. I'm sure 90% of the weight I've lost has been water but that's fine by me. It's still progress towards my goal.

Happy Father’s Day to any dads out there!

Today's Plan:
B. Shake
S. Half a Banana
L. Black Beans and Brown Rice
S. Half a Banana
D. Baked Chicken Breast and Grilled Veggies.

Edit: Didn't make it the grocery store until after lunch, so lunch became green beans and corn, plus one can of Tuna mixed with hot sauce.

Last edited:
Wow... great loss so far! Yeah that beginning always is the nicest show..but you can and will keep going ..you are motivated & driven and you are here..which is a big step! Your food looks fabulous! I love my shakes...i have to say i dont know how i lived w/ out them..they get me by when i just cant think of what to eat & still i get good energy and food quality...and it gets to my blood stream double time!
Great work outs by the way...you go!

Back