Cate's Diary

I sometimes feel I’m neglecting people as I check in at different times & feel like I am not connecting as I would like to. I’m only human I know.
I am so knackered. G & I have been down at our son, D’s house for most of the day, helping him get ready for a real estate photo shoot. I can hardly move.
We really want him to get the most he can for the house. I had to have a very robust discussion with him today but got through to him thank goodness. G & I will be busy tomorrow & Thursday. We cancelled our trip down to see R at the weekend & explained why. It benefits him too. I think he will be getting a dog tomorrow! K9 got back from her long trip yesterday & is going to take him along to see the dog in the morning. I’m so glad that they have kept a strong bond. Her parents sent us a lovely card this week & I stay in touch with her. The dog is a rescue (hunting) & is only 4 &1/2 mths old 🤞& K9 knows the woman well.

Lovely that R and K9 stayed good friends. Fingers crossed this dog will be a good fit AND fingers crossed for a great shoot and quick sale.

Lovely that R and K9 stayed good friends.
I think so too. Unfortunately, H doesn't & is furious about it. He rang last night in tears. She must be so insecure. We don't own one another & it's so important to have good friends. He wanted to know what I thought. She wanted him to cancel his going to see the puppy with K9. That's sad. Jealousy is a nasty beast.

I crashed last night into a deep sleep & woke up without any aches, after what was my most active day in a long time, with lots of bending & stretching. I am so grateful. I was very careful not to twist too much. G woke in the middle of the night & couldn't get back to sleep worrying about R.
The puppy may not be suitable as the breed is renowned for being very vocal & stubborn & hard to house train. It's best he knows that now, before looking as he is one very cute dog. He didn't want to get a puppy.
I had better get moving. We have a big job to do at D's- well G does. He's painting the inside of the toilet & it will need at least 2 coats before Saturday. We need to go buy some paint first. Best to get on the move now.....

I do understand jealousy and insecurity but to get angry right away seems strange unless other things have happened in their relationship.

Yay for not being sore!

LaMa, I think it stems from her last long-term relationship, where she was badly hurt. Unfortunately, most of us have baggage. They communicated again this morning & she is visiting him tonight & staying the night & spending the evening getting to know O, R's NEW DOG!!!!!!! He's on trial, but I'm sure R will adopt him. He is only a pup & R will take him to puppy school. He also is well aware that he needs to find a job where he won't be working such long hours & where it won't be too stressful.
G & I got a wonderful job done today at D's house. He will be so happy & so surprised. I don't think he thought we could do it so well. I am glad I got through to him the other day & he let us do this job as the real estate agent is targeting a young family. There was a small room covered in graffiti that started as a joke but turned into a gross, obscenity. We managed to buy some wood coloured paint & the entire room is done. My husband is amazing. We're both going back on Thursday morning to do some finishing touches. I'll do the oven door & the heater door. The ad is going online tonight. The photos look great.
I'm staying home tomorrow & having a rest day. G is playing golf. I can see a book being read :)

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: for the possible new pup! Glad to hear they talked about the jealousy thing, too, and how wonderful that you managed to surprise D. A room full of obscenities would definitely put most young families off.

Wow, Cate you've done so much in just a few days! So glad your knee is happy and you are getting such a great workout fixing up D's house. I can't imagine going on the market with a room with even lovely sayings done in spray paint. Our realtor would have had our head on a platter at anything personalized like that! Crossing all fingers and toes that the sale goes great!

I hope the puppy works out great! That would be so awesome for R! I can understand about jealousy. J's ex-wife really disliked me and was so mean, but J wanted us to get along, and told his family what great friends we were (because I was polite to her and didn't tell him what a witch she was to me.) So J's sister gave J a present to his ex-wife to give to her in front of me, and my feelings were so hurt even though I understood that J's sister thought I got along with the ex. I think situations with ex's can bring up old hurts from the past that no one expected. Strong irrational feelings are so weird.

Hope you have a lovely time reading and relaxing!

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: for the possible new pup! Glad to hear they talked about the jealousy thing, too, and how wonderful that you managed to surprise D. A room full of obscenities would definitely put most young families off.
I hope they talked it all through last night, LaMa & he was able to reassure her. The room full of obscenities would have put most reasonable humans off. I had to ask G not to read any more out to me. I am far from a prude.
Wow, Cate you've done so much in just a few days! So glad your knee is happy and you are getting such a great workout fixing up D's house. I can't imagine going on the market with a room with even lovely sayings done in spray paint. Our realtor would have had our head on a platter at anything personalized like that! Crossing all fingers and toes that the sale goes great!
I'm really relieved that my knee has been holding up well. I wish I could kneel, but I was told by the physio never to & I have taken her advice. There's a job that needs doing at D's house which requires kneeling down & removing some paint & some writing, maybe with turpentine & light (hopefully) sanding. Instead of leaving a little bit of writing that was inoffensive on the floor, G slapped some paint on it, which looks just plain silly. By covering it over with even a very thin mat the door doesn't close. *sigh* He did such a good job of the walls & the ceiling yesterday that I didn't have the heart to say anything about the floor, but was hoping the mat would cover it for now.
Actually, I couldn't use the turps anyway so G will have to do it (or D). He's madly brush cutting today.

Kneeling is a real pain and stationary deep squats aren'tmuch better. It's weird how badly we're built for something as natural as working at floor level.

Kneeling is a real pain and stationary deep squats aren'tmuch better. It's weird how badly we're built for something as natural as working at floor level.
Interestingly I remember watching someone speak about how are knees are not designed for the modern world. Everything flat, changing elevations with stairs which are also flat. I guess are knees are better suited to be dealing with constant inclines and declines of a natural landscape.

Yup. Ankles too. If you're walking on irregular surfaces all the time your muscles are way more active and protect your joints.

I'm really glad you are being super careful with your knee. I remember rushing around last minute getting things like the floor you mentioned stripped and redone before the house went on the market. I hope it all comes together great!

Thanks, LaMa, Skurgeon & Marsia. I just have to accept that my knees can't do what they once did & get used to it & adapt. I did manage to get the paint that G slapped over the writing on the floor off, by sitting on the loo & attacking it with metho & a cloth. I left everything at the house, including the new can of paint, turpentine, lots of rags, the drop sheets etc & soon we will go down to D's house & get the job finished. He will have been down there since early this morning. With any luck, he may have had a go at the floor 🤞 His kids wanted to catch up with him this afternoon, which isn't the best of timing, but he felt like he shouldn't say no. A woman is coming to look at the house tomorrow & the open home is Saturday. There have been lots of enquiries. It would be a wonderful first home, with nothing needing to be done that's crucial.

R's new puppy has lifted his spirits enormously. He adores him. H I think is still carrying on & visited him the first night that he brought O home & was hysterical for a couple of hours. I couldn't handle hysterical. This may not last.
R has the possibility of getting a job in aged care. He's going to check it out soon.

I have not been so strict the last few days & had a mini ice cream last night (but no wine). I'm back on track today & will be stricter with logging too (weighing out etc) I'm glad M is back to logging too. It helps to feel that you are doing this together.

I am so happy to be logging again because I know that it really works, but also because I love the idea of all doing this together, and really want to contribute to that!

It's wonderful R is bonding with his new puppy! I hope the new girlfriend can separate her past from the current situation. Poor R! I thought that if I went back into a field where I used my psych degree, it might be aged care. It's definitely really rewarding. I'd love to hear how it goes with R.

Great the house has lots of interest. Hope you get a bidding war!

Puppy!!

I'm too brain-fried to comment coherently on the rest, but take care <3
Puppy!!! 🐶🤣
Hi, M. I’ll definitely jump straight back into logging accurately & no “treats” for a while. Yay for having friends with similar goals & interests.
I hope H can separate her past from her present too. R is very open & honest. I will keep you posted on the job possibility.
A bidding war would be a wonderful thing!
Someone is looking this afternoon 🤞

Last edited:
Having a puppy I think is going to be a really good thing for R. You never know he might even learn to be tidy. I have insisted on lots of photos & he has happily obliged. You can't really have enough puppy spam. He is SO cute.
I have kept within 1200 cals & no wine.

Kudos to you for getting right back on track without falling off the wagon completely! I wouldn't say no to a bit of puppy spam either :)

Back