Cate's Diary

A Calcutta is an auction for each player. Some went for just under a thousand dollars & our sons were “only” $100 & $110. Most of the money was paid out to the top 4 players, including our 2.
Never heard of that system but it´s sounds good.
It´s been raining here as well: let´s see if I can make it out regardless.

That's great you got to have a walk with R and spend time with both sons. That sounds fun watching a pool tournament. I don't understand betting odds and all that, but it's just fun to watch people play pool. My dad was good at that, but I've only tried once or twice. My worst allergies are to smoke, maybe because my parents were chain smokers when I was young. So good they don't allow that in public there. They don't in California, but in some US states they do. I have to remember to see which ones and not move there! I hope you're feeling better from all the aftershave and such. Send some rain our way!!

For eg if you wanted to be just Liza, rather than Liza1 sing out 😘 I didn't like the 1 on the end of my name. It looked weird. The system just did it at the changeover.
Sure--yes, if it's easy enough to get rid of the 1 that would be great :)
It has been raining for most of the day & I have polished off a book, another one by Ann Cleaves, the author of the Vera & Shetland series. She is such a good writer.
A rainy day with a good book sounds lovely.

It went ok, LaMa. Unfortunately I have a tooth that will have to go. I have another appointment next week to have that done. Our dentist is a very good one & he never pushes any one choice, but I trust him & unfortunately this tooth has to go. It’s a back one. He thinks it has decayed because I have a very dry mouth. He really recommends chewing on sugarless gum.

<3 I hope that the dentist goes as smoothly as possible, and that you'll feel better once the operation is done and it's all healed up. I am not good with teeth related stuff at all, especially if the dentist is of the guilt tripping variety. Yours sounds like a real professional though. We are all human and things wear down as we mature, such is the nature of all living things, as the Buddhists so aptly say.

Hugs!

That sucks, but if it's got to go it's got to go. Incidentally: that's how we know T-Rex' teeth likely wouldn't have been visible on the outside the way you generally see them depicted. Their teeth would dry out, hurt, and ultimately decay without lips covering them up.

Too bad about the tooth Cate. So good when you find a good dentist you trust. Glad to hear you have a good one.

<3 I hope that the dentist goes as smoothly as possible, and that you'll feel better once the operation is done and it's all healed up. I am not good with teeth related stuff at all, especially if the dentist is of the guilt tripping variety. Yours sounds like a real professional though. We are all human and things wear down as we mature, such is the nature of all living things, as the Buddhists so aptly say.

Hugs!
Thank you! He really is a lovely man & I always feel totally comfortable with him & trust him implicitly.
That sucks, but if it's got to go it's got to go. Incidentally: that's how we know T-Rex' teeth likely wouldn't have been visible on the outside the way you generally see them depicted. Their teeth would dry out, hurt, and ultimately decay without lips covering them up.
It does have to go. He also thinks this could be why all my bottom teeth have become sensitive. I feel my mouth wants it out.
Too bad about the tooth Cate. So good when you find a good dentist you trust. Glad to hear you have a good one.
He really is, Liza. I'm very grateful. The only thing that ever hurts when I go to see him is his bill, but he's very good & is worth it. We both feel we have a good connection with him. He loves to chat. He would make a great counsellor!

Incidentally: that's how we know T-Rex' teeth likely wouldn't have been visible on the outside the way you generally see them depicted. Their teeth would dry out, hurt, and ultimately decay without lips covering them up.
You always know such interesting trivia. Now I am picturing a T-rex with large pucker-y green lips covering those huge teeth.

Cate, I hope the tooth extraction goes well and is painless. I used to have a chatty dentist, but I don't like that because you have to try to talk so you are understood with all this stuff in your mouth, which never works for me because my mouth is small. Glad you like him a lot, and hope the bill isn't too bad. Are they going to put in a replacement fake tooth on a post or something?

Marsia- he mostly chats before & after so it’s ok. I think having it extracted won’t be easy as the roots of my teeth often wrap around my jaw. I know he’ll do a good job though. He’s the best dentist I have ever had. I won’t be having anything put in the space. I have lousy occlusion anyway.
I’ll try not to think about the tooth.
Tomorrow is the 1st of September & I am going to try to concentrate more on my diet & exercise!

Last edited:
Sept 1-
Cal 1280
Steps 5785
AF ✅
I have been trying to motivate myself to visit the golfing women for ages & had promised I would yesterday. I just didn't feel like it. Again. I actually don't like waiting until the afternoon to go anywhere. Instead, I changed Arch's haircut appointment to Monday, went into town in the morning & was back home by 1.30 pm. I sent a text to say I couldn't make it. I am going to drop Arch off on Monday & go to the golf course & have a few hits to see what it feels like. I'll take it from there.
I feel a little anxious today. We are having G's family for lunch tomorrow & I wish it was at someone else's place. It's crazy I know. I shouldn't feel anxious.

Anxiety doesn't care about shoulds. I think a lot of people get a little nervous before hosting, especially when it's a larger gathering, and if it's been longer than normal (due to covid, for example) that'd make me even more anxious :grouphug:

Nice you took care of you and didn't go see the golf ladies when you weren't feeling social. I always feel a little nervous about people coming over for a gathering, so I don't have good advice except that almost never do things go the way I picture them in my head, and usually things go better than my nervousness suggests. What's the AF on your checklist with the green check beside it?

Back