Cate's Diary

I have to say that I do not like the new smilies - it means that old postings with smilies in look stupid.
I won't look back at old posts then. I love having the new smilies, but hate all the pink!

I thought I may have been done with the forum, but for the first time in years, I actually feel that we are being listened to. It will take time to get used to the new format, but it seems changes will be made to make it better for us & we will adjust. It's such a great community & I love being part of it.
Today- Is sunny again! It's hovering around zero, but I don't much care when it's sunny......(excuse me while I go looking for the smilies.....)☀️❄️

I'd miss you so much if you left! I hope the small annoyances get cleared out of the way but mostly I'm just happy to have this place back

Thank you, LaMa. I think the small annoyances will get cleared up. It’s best to speak up now I think while the enthusiasm is there. I’m happy it’s back too!

I’m happy to have my favourite smilies back, especially:svengo:
We’re being taken out to lunch today & being picked up at 10.15 so I don’t have much time this morning.
I like how the forum is taking shape. I’ll stay away from a lot of it, but what feels like our space still does feel like our space.
I also think we’ll get a lot less spam.

Yeah, after a couple of days, the forum doesn't feel so alien.

BTW, did you ever get a chance to check out Ray LaMontagne or Susan Tedeschi (Tedeschi Trucks band)?

Thank you, Liza :grouphug: Archie is not so impressed! He wants my lap back 🐶
I'm getting used to it too. If you have any suggestions speak up as the new admin are very amenable to any suggestions. For eg if you wanted to be just Liza, rather than Liza1 sing out 😘 I didn't like the 1 on the end of my name. It looked weird. The system just did it at the changeover.
We're going to watch some 8-ball today. Both of our sons are playing in a memorial tournament for an old friend of ours. I won't get to watch much pool as I'm taking Arch. He was home alone for almost 6 hours yesterday, so I'm not leaving him home again today.

Hi Cate! Happy the forum owners are listening to suggestions and that you'll be staying. Thanks for reaching out and reminding me about the group. I did miss it a lot! Hope you have a lovely time at the pool tournament and a nice snuggle with Archie!

The good thing about bringing Archie is that you'll have cause to go out for air regularly. If pool bars there are anything like they are here the air quality isn't the best...

Hello, lovelies :grouphug:
Yesterday was a good day. Archie & I had lots of walks & I also took him to an offlead dog park which he loves. I left him in the car briefly quite a few times & watched the pool & R & I went for a walk to a nearby cafe & R carried a table outside so we could have lunch together. Both sons played very well & D, our older son won the tournament. They had bought one another in the Calcutta so would have made a bit of money as well. It was live-streamed so G & I got to watch the last few finals at home.
We caught up with a few old friends from the Masters & they have agreed to try out for the next state team, even though none of them is much of a chance of making the team. It's just fun to catch up & share a common interest.
LaMa, pool rooms are traditionally poky & once were smoky, but there is no smoking allowed in any buildings in Australia at all thank goodness. To think we once worked inside a pub with everyone smoking, even in the dining room. No wonder I ended up with Asthma. It is still the last bastion of the smoker though & the "beer garden" was full of smokers.
I did inhale lots of aftershave & deodorant though so my lungs aren't great today.
It was lovely to share the day with G & both our sons. I always love that.

They had bought one another in the Calcutta so would have made a bit of money as well.
Now there's an expression I've never heard before. Is a Calcutta like a betting pool?
To think we once worked inside a pub with everyone smoking, even in the dining room. No wonder I ended up with Asthma.
When I first came to Austria smoking was still permitted pretty much everywhere and nights out were horrendous. It literally made my skin hurt. Unlike most other countries smoking has actually gone (very slightly) up instead of down in the past 20 years :eek:

Yep. A Calcutta is an auction for each player. Some went for just under a thousand dollars & our sons were “only” $100 & $110. Most of the money was paid out to the top 4 players, including our 2.
We used to work in a haze of cigarette smoke. Now I rarely smell it, thank goodness.
I have been so tired today. It has been raining for most of the day & I have polished off a book, another one by Ann Cleaves, the author of the Vera & Shetland series. She is such a good writer.

Back