Cate's Diary

Cate, I am wishing you a Merry Christmas and all the best! And thank you for your kind words, it means more than you can imagine.
Big hug!

Merry Christmas! :grouphug:

Thanks, Llama & Liza (& Vic).
I just forgot about counting as the day went on yesterday, but had a good day. I actually lost a kilo over the couple of weeks up to & including Christmas day, so feel that's a good omen/start.
We opened a good bottle of Tasmanian red last night & I didn't enjoy it as much as the price tag warranted. I have done a grocery order online & have an array of diet soft drinks coming. I might wait until Sunday to log meticulously as I want the "streak" to match the new year.
I think I'll get out & garden today. Our brush cutter is not working & we think we'll have to buy another, stronger one. I would like one I can use, preferably battery operated, not petrol & with a blade option. I would like our paddocks slashed. G thinks I'm fussing over nothing.

Yay for a kilo lost already! It's unseasonally warm here so the buds are already swelling here and there and the first hazel is starting to bloom but no gardening to be done for a good while yet.

Thanks, Llama & Liza. I had a fairly long post typed, but didn't send it & somehow it went into a quote & I couldn't fix it & then I lost it altogether because I got a phone call, so I have got my laptop out instead. I really have trouble on my phone with the forum.
I shall start over....
The kilo lost was such a nice start. I know I have gained & lost & gained & lost, but instead of getting crabby with myself I will start over & be positive about it. I have to keep going & keep going until I get back within cooee of my happy weight.
G & I have done lots of gardening today as it has been cool & the brush cutter is working a treat. I have done lots of weeding. I have figured that it's too cool for snakes, but have kept my eyes open & am well covered. It's actually raining lightly at the moment & we are sitting outside sipping on a bubbly, listening to the birds. The garden looks lovely.
Oh, my. I haven't told you about the magnificent huge plant urn that R gave me(us :blush5: ) for Christmas. It is wonderful & is sitting smack bang at the entrance of our house. It currently has a Callistemon (bottle brush) planted in it, but I may get a miniature lemon instead. It has 3 big elephant heads & I love, love, love it! R knows exactly what I love.

Picture of the plant urn, please! Rob's trick of taking a bigger pic and then cutting out only the part you want to show worked well for me.

Lots of gardening and a slight drizzle sounds like a lovely day to me: we're still so far off the amount of rain we need this year.

I know I have gained & lost & gained & lost, but instead of getting crabby with myself
:) Yes no point in getting crabby with ourselves--just makes things worse I think!
It's actually raining lightly at the moment & we are sitting outside sipping on a bubbly, listening to the birds. The garden looks lovely.
Sounds so nice especially after a big garden work day...i love sitting back after work days like that admiring the results of my labor :)
It has 3 big elephant heads
Sounds very cool!

Thanks, Llama, Liza & Em (& Tru & Vic :) )
I'm experimenting with compressing photos....
Another fail, another app deleted.
I'll try again later on today. I take photos on my iPhone & even when I crop them they are too large & photoshop apps have so many ads & I can't seem to get the hang of them. I need to change the settings on my phone I think.

Hi Cate. When you add the photo to the post, you can click on the 'Adjust size' button and replace 'auto' with 20% and it will compress them down for you.

Back