Cate's Diary

Thanks, Floater. I'm allergic to drama. I'm watching a big parrot having a morning bath just outside our window & now it's gone & the little birds return. I had better fill the bath up before we go anywhere. I would miss this place so much if we moved. It may be getting harder to maintain, but we are so connected with nature & it is so good for us.
I realised yesterday that I was feeling anxious again & I think it's because of covid. I'll try to stop checking the figures again.

Sometimes saying your piece and moving on is all you can do. You can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink.
Allergies suck, have I mentioned that before? I guess it's the price we pay for the return of nice weather. Do you know which grasses you're allergic to? I'm suddenly curious if they're the same across the world or if Tasmania has its own set of nasties.

I think when any grass becomes dry my hayfever & Asthma symptoms play up. I don't think it's one thing, in particular, LaMa, but more a sum of all the parts. There are stinky bushes everywhere. I'm allergic to so many different plants, but my allergies are get triggered by synthetic fragrance & then it's on. Once I have a major reaction I seem sensitive to the world. I take 2 different hayfever pills, one in the morning & one at night, use a nasal spray & eye drops, but at this time of year, I still get hayfever badly. I love our summers though. It's warm during the day, but still cool enough to sleep with a cotton blanket.

G did decide not to tell his friend that his letter was not read out at their meeting. Our friend is struggling with his health at the moment & I think this stress has been contributing. I also suggested he not talk about the hassles at the other club, with the members at the new as A, our friend, can then make a fresh start, without baggage. A can share as much or as little as he likes. He seems to be looking forward to starting afresh.

My system felt clogged up yesterday & I have had a stomach ache for a few days. I don't think I digest ham well. I had bought a lovely ham for Christmas & we have been eating a lot of it. It has almost gone now. G is making a minestrone with the bone today.

I started off my day with a delicious breakfast. 3 Ryvita original crackers, with 1 boiled egg, a very small piece of grilled salmon, 1/5 of an avocado, a little rhubarb chutney, a little 99%fat-free mayo, salt & pepper, all lightly mashed up. 295cals. I think this is one of my favourites.

I have had a really good day. I was actually bored for a couple of hours & started a book this afternoon. I need to go somewhere again but will stay outside. I think a river walk sounds good!

A river walk does sound good! It's a tough balancing act when you're allergic to so many different things.

Hi lovely lady, glad you had a nice day. I long to feel bored.. Only 18 or so more years to go!! What book are you reading?

A river walk does sound good! It's a tough balancing act when you're allergic to so many different things.
I find hayfever ok to cope with & the river walk is not wild. It's maintained really well by the local council & is constantly kept tidy. I may stay at home again today I think & go tomorrow when G is playing golf.
Hi lovely lady, glad you had a nice day. I long to feel bored.. Only 18 or so more years to go!! What book are you reading?
I don't get bored often & I think the feeling is more after Christmas family have gone again anti-climax feeling. The book is the 3rd this week I must admit. It's "A Shooting at Chateau Rock" by Martin Walker.
There is always so much to do & no peace & quiet when your kids are little. It's a distant memory now, but reading a book was not in there anywhere, except for kids books. Even then I taped myself reading for when I was just too exhausted to actually read.

I haven't worked out if I'll change what I have been doing since the 22nd of November. I thought I would share a bottle of nice wine with G tonight as it's New Year's Eve. I feel that I am used to not drinking alcohol now & will just enjoy a drink every now & then. I am not missing it. At Christmas, I really enjoyed drinking sparkling burgundy at home with R & H C'mas eve, drank non-alcoholic wine at lunch at L's, then back home that night had a couple of wines, but can't say that I enjoyed them much. I drank less than usual & ate a lot less than usual. I also chose very small portions of what was on offer, especially sweets (tiny portions only) & the only thing I ate much of was crayfish. Oh, yum! I enjoyed myself as much as anyone without the gluttonous feel or a hangover.

I might try not to make a new year's resolution. I'm doing ok.

I enjoyed myself as much as anyone without the gluttonous feel or a hangover.
That's the best, great job!
I might try not to make a new year's resolution.
Sounds like my kind of resolution...
Ohh this is a hack and a half! Going to do this tomorrow morning and see if E will take to it! Brilliant!
My mom would sometimes fall asleep while reading to us and I'm afraid we just shook her until she continued 🙈

Thanks, LaMa. I did manage Christmas really well & am really glad I did.
I think it's good to be happy with who we are & what we're doing. I feel like I'm on a good path.
I used to fall asleep too & they would wake me, but the tape used to give me some leeway.

Today-
I have had a very weird day today, with hours & hours of shaking & absolute fear. I found a suspicious difference in the shower this morning in a very private part of my body. G was off brush-cutting & when he got back I had to ask him to have a look. I had tried taking a photo, but it was impossible. I felt SO weird even trying. The whole thing really freaked me out. When he had a look he said I had better have it checked out. I rang the medical centre & D answered. I told him what had happened & asked if he could get me an ap't with a female doctor. He could fit me in this afternoon at 2.45 he said with a male doctor, but the earliest ap't with a woman doctor was not until the 10th of Jan. I said "D, if you were a woman & this was happening to you, what would you do?" He said "I would have it checked as soon as I could" so I booked in for this afternoon. I like, D. He hasn't worked there that long, but he is really good at his job. I hope he stays there.
I had a few anxious hours & we went in. G dropped me off & took Arch around the river. I had no idea which doctor I was seeing, but it was the big, black Nigerian born one. Oh, the questions I was asked! I was so embarrassed & he was so reassuring. He had to get a female nurse to "chaperone" him & she was lovely. Afterwards, he made me feel much better about it all. We had a few laughs. It's nothing to worry about. My mind had gone to another place & I was dying from cancer for those few hours. I was bloody petrified.
I am now sipping on champagne & will welcome 2022 with open arms. What a day- what a year!

Oh Cate, what a traumatic experience. I remember finding a "lump" in my boob about 5 years ago and seeing a doctor at the hospital who was my age and absolutely gorgeous.. Was mortifying having him poke and prod (both boobs as well as they check both, even if you have a lump in just one!).
I'm so glad it was nothing to worry about. Happy New Year my lovely x

Thanks Han & Tru. I’m glad I don’t have to go into the new year worrying about it. My mind really went into panic mode.
Happy New Year to all of my forum friends :grouphug: Let’s hope that in 2022 we all move closer to our goals, whatever they may be.

Thank you, LaMa & the same to you. Thank you for your friendship & support over the years. It's important to me.

I am going to do monthly "challenges" to myself. January's will be drinking 8 glasses of water during the day. I'll start at 9 am & have a glass every hour up to & including 4 pm. I won't count my herbal teas or coffee in the morning. I need to hydrate myself more. The more water I drink the better I feel.

I had one chocolate last night & it was disgusting. Good.

Thanks, LaMa & Tru. Drinking a glass of water every hour for 8 hours is not difficult at all I discovered, Sometimes I drank two. It seems the more you drink the more you want. It's probably a better idea to wear elastic waist pants though as I was busy cleaning up cupboards & would hang on & then have to run to the loo.
I slept super well last night, even though it was quite warm.
My friend, V's op went well & her son is hoping she recovers well. He leaves Tas on the 7th.
G had a lovely day at golf yesterday & has been warmly welcomed back to his old club. Things have changed for the better there.
R has gone back to his job in the kitchen. He had become friends with 2 of the staff who were left & new staff hadn't turned up to work & they were stuck. I think he will organise a meeting with the GM early in the week & negotiate hours & conditions for them all & a cap on bookings while there is only minimal staff. Fruit picking was not going to pay much or be convenient & is only a very short season. I think he has a chance of getting better conditions for them all & it is very convenient. He looks out for other people, not just himself.
We may take Arch into town today & take him for a walk around the river again. He loves it & it's sociable, while still being outside.

Back