Cate's Diary

Hi, Lama. I know that artificial sweeteners are bad for you, but I feel that diet soft drinks really make it easier for me to break the wine o'clock habit. Luckily I can get them delivered with my groceries from the supermarket. You have other yummy things that aren't readily available here.
I have been feeling nervous lately about going into the community. I have been more anxious than I care to admit. I think I just did. The forum, which is usually my therapy has been the opposite for a while now & that hasn't helped. These phases come & go & it will settle down again, but I feel I don't have the outlet I once did. I don't have much to say today.
@misty22 - you just posted, while I was musing about what to say. I understand your parents' hesitancy. We haven't had our booster shots yet (15th Jan) as we had Astra Zenica shots, which had to be 6 months apart. Then they said you had to wait 6 months, then they said it could be 5, but they haven't provided enough shots. It's worrisome.
I'm really happy with my 4.5 kg loss. I'll take Christmas day off & then get straight back into it Boxing Day. I'll weigh just to know what a difference one day can make. I won't pig out or anything but will eat more than 1200 cals & will drink some bubbly in the evening. I hope you enjoy the holidays too, hon :grouphug:

Totally understand the hesitancy, so common. Yes, have to enjoy the holidays a bit and then back on track!!
I hope you get the booster soon...I'm hoping to get mine end of the year or early next year.

I’m in such a hurry, but just wanted to wish everyone a very merry Christmas!!!

I had a wonderful Christmas day, filled with love & surrounded by family. G & I are on our own again & I feel really happy & content. It was a much less stressful day than other years. There were lots of laughs shared with nieces, nephews, great-nieces, great-nephews, sons, son's partners, grandkids, sisters-in-law......
I feel pleasantly tired.

Thanks, LaMa, Em & Skurgeon. It was such a lovely Christmas, just overflowing with love. There was no angst, few tears, lots of love & laughter. Much laughter! I will tell one small story. Our son's partner brings the makings of a pavlova & puts it together here. Each year I have struggled to whip the cream (we don't eat cream), with a stick blender or a whisk but this year progressed to an electric beater (from my SIL's garage sale). She watches me until it's just right, which is funny. She said, "I should play Whip It. It's an actual song" which really made me laugh as if I wouldn't know that. You should have seen the look on the faces of her & her 12-year-old daughter when I said I would get my whip. T said she's put her hair up & did. It was so funny as I then cracked the whip in the middle of our kitchen while they just looked at me as if they were seeing me for the first time. I have a small stockman's whip & learned to crack a whip when I was very young. It was huge & I could barely lift it when I first learned how to do it. T wanted me to show her how & that was fun. It was then I realised that she may have been a fair bit more than tipsy. I'm good at cracking the whip. The grandkids were impressed. I had taught A how to use it when he was younger & used to spend a lot of time with us. He can still do it easily.
I think R's GF, H was amused & entertained by the whole day. She fitted in so well. She's confident & funny & they seem really good together.
L's extended family lunch was a delight. The interactions between the kids, the parents & the great aunts & uncle was really funny & loving. I had dreaded it, LaMa & it was a delight.
It was too much in one day though & next year I think we will stay at home. L really enjoyed her day & the only tears were when she tried telling everyone how much their love & support meant to her. The feeling of love in that room for her & from her was really moving.

I'm glad you had a lovely Christmas!

Haha, the whip cracking story was so much fun. :D I remember being in Hungary as a kid, they had a horse show there with horses who could do all kinds of cool tricks and the equivalent of local cowboys who would do tricks with the whip. (Thinking back now, it was a bit gross that they only asked pretty young girls to volunteer as assistants in the tricks, but I was a kid back then and just thought the guys were super cool). I even asked my mom to buy me a touristy whip as a souvenir, but I never got it to crack because the slinky dinky part was attached to the handle with just two flimsy pieces of suede. In hindsight, that's probably for the best, who knows what damage dumb tourists could have caused with those things otherwise...

Have a lovely and relaxing New Year's Eve at home, just cozy. You deserve it!

:beating: So glad you guys had fun. I think you've earned the right to a quiet Christmas next year.
Thanks, LaMa. I hope we won't be swayed closer to the time. It was too big a day. Spreading it out would be better.
I'm glad you had a lovely Christmas!
Thank you. It really was nice, but I still feel tired, 3 days later.
Haha, the whip cracking story was so much fun. :D
It was quite hilarious. It was fun just seeing the looks on their faces. It's good to surprise people with hidden "talents" ;)
Have a lovely and relaxing New Year's Eve at home, just cozy. You deserve it!
I definitely will. The last thing I feel like doing is being with a crowd of people & I would rather stay home than wear a mask indoors for any length of time.

I do have the day at home on my own today, which I will enjoy. I decided not to go do some shopping. We can do that tomorrow & go to the tip with all the Christmas recycling. I might even start a book. It would be funny but I may watch the test cricket as Australia look set to take out the 3rd test to retain the ashes. I do love test cricket. I hate the big bash with a passion.
I jumped straight back onto my no wine, 1200 cals a day "diet" & dropped the half kilo I gained on Xmas day. I am so looking forward to being back into the ^'s Hopefully I'll feel brave enough to share my actual weight when I get back down there. My goal weight to some may not seem low enough. Being really thin does not look well on me. I don't want to have my ribs sticking out again.
I tried a weight-loss ticker yesterday, but they look too huge in your signature. I liked it though. I might see if I can just insert it in a post. They used to be a real thing in the forum years & years ago.

I have always weighed a lot more than anyone would guess so have usually kept schtum about my exact weight. Even when I looked skinny I still weighed a lot more than BMI charts thought I should.

As long as you and your gp are happy with your weight no chart is allowed to have a say. Yay for dropping right back into your groove and not letting the Christmas weight stick!

As long as you and your gp are happy with your weight no chart is allowed to have a say. Yay for dropping right back into your groove and not letting the Christmas weight stick!
Thanks LaMa. I’m back to making myself eat enough. I really do feel good again with how I’m doing.
I just watched Australia flog the Poms. That was amazing!

Thanks LaMa. I’m back to making myself eat enough. I really do feel good again with how I’m doing.
I just watched Australia flog the Poms. That was amazing!

The down side of such a quick win is there is no more Ashes for the rest of today or tomorrow. I am not keen on the Big Bash, I much rather test cricket.

True, but I polished off a book & took Archie for 2 walks. I love silence & hate tv ads. The Big Bash is horrible! Luckily G hates it too.

I can't think of anything much to say in the diaries today. I think it's the after-Christmas, not quite blues. Maybe I have spent too many days at home (3).
All's quiet. Arch is asleep on G's lap, the birds are singing madly & it's going to be a warm one today- high 20's, which is nice.

I'm sure the words will come back soon. Nothing wrong with silence sometimes. But I agree that there's a limit to how much hermiting is helpful.

I think 2 days is my limit. I was home on my own for most of the day yesterday so didn't have G to interact with either. We also had a bit of a drama last night, which upset him a lot. He's worried about his friend & his health & there's been more drama about the letter G wrote to the club. It got swept under the carpet. I hope he follows my advice & doesn't tell his friend & lets it go. Sometimes it's best to move on, even when you know you're in the right & they're in the wrong.
We're going into our local town today & will go to the tip, do some food shopping, take Arch for a walk around the river & come home. I have Asthma this morning & hayfever. There is so much long grass about, especially on our walks.

Back