Cate's Diary

I have a splitting headache so can't concentrate tonight. Will add to my diary tomorrow. Thanks Rashmi, Caroline & Sam,xo Cate
P.S. does anyone know how I can get rid of my thumbs up at the start of my thread?

P.S. does anyone know how I can get rid of my thumbs up at the start of my thread?
U could ask one of the moderators.

Congratulations Cate - you are doing wonderfully

Hi Cate

I have been reading some of the posts in this forum and find that you are on a similar path to me. I have started at 108.9 kg and have now reached 92.9. I started Cohens in November and was doing well until I deviated in February. Now I am having difficulty in staying focused. Keep posting your diary - reading it has inspired me to get moving again in a downward direction.

Congratulations on your weight loss to date and keep up the good work.

I was in Tasmania in October 06 - it was fabulous - so lush and green and just so beautiful. I took my 74 year old mother with me and it was her first trip outside of Queensland - she could not believe what she was seeing.

Starting to feel better!!

Today is just a beautiful day. It's mid 20's, blue sky, Sunday.. and I'm starting to feel a whole lot better:)
mt10153. I am pleased that I have helped you. This forum is great. You and I do have a long haul ahead of us but we can do it! How lovely of you to bring your Mum on a holiday to Tassie. It is a beautiful place to live & to visit. I just love it! I hope you can re-focus on losing your weight. It will be worth it in the end. I keep imagining what I will look like & I am too damned scared to deviate!!
Caroline-I'm still laughing!!
I really enjoy all the posts in my thread & thanks for your well wishes! (& amusing hi-jacks)
My husband keeps asking me questions about re-feed. He is so curious. I keep telling him it's a little premature at this stage but he thinks I should be able to find the answers in the forum so I guess I will start looking soon. It's the practicalities he wants to know about-like whilst you're adding things do you weigh yourself daily? If you put on weight after 1 day of introducing something do you then stop eating that food? Does the clinic monitor each stage, etc. etc?? He's tiring me out with his questions. No-one could accuse him of not being interested. He is a sweetie!
RashmiThanks for your kindness. Are you doing Cohen's & if so do you have consultant's in India or are you doing the program via the internet? I love your icon-very exotic. I will take your advice & contact a moderator when I work out how.
I think I have found an emblem for my signature-I just have to work out how to add it. I'll do that tomorrow as I'm not due back at work until Thursday.
Because I can't see your posts from where I am I now I have forgotten who I want to reply to!! I will start writing down notes in the exercise book I have next to me at the computer.Maybe I'm not as well as I thought:confused:
I am following others progress ,via their posts & tickers & it really helps with my motivation.
What a feeling it must be to reach goal! Does anyone have a remote so we can fast forward a few months? My husband calls it wishing my life away.
Sam You are an an inspiration. Goal weight!! It must feel fantastic!
It's reassuring to know that many of you have similar weight loss goals & it's really good to know that we are in this together!
I think I will email my consultant later as I do get quite hungry. She might have some suggestions. It's probably to do with how I space out things-like saving up my crackers until an hour before I eat my meal or eating too many apples or?? who knows? I can cope with hunger because I can focus on the goal but it would be easier without the hunger! xo Cate:D

Hi Cate,

Blue skies, sunny day, feeling better, losing weight ...aint life great ?

Just wanted to share my thoughts re: the hunger that may help.
I don't get hungry at all, I found in week 2 that apples made me hungry so I have stopped having them.
I eat my crackers with my meals never as snacks- 2 with brekky, 2 with lunch and 1 with dinner. I snack on two pieces of fruit all day - kiwi and nectarine (cut them up in a fruit salad and munch on them all day whilst at work)
After dinner I have green tea and lots of water and I find that I don't get hungry at all.

Just change a few things around and see it it helps.

TTFN
Annie Lusion

RashmiThanks for your kindness. Are you doing Cohen's & if so do you have consultant's in India or are you doing the program via the internet? I love your icon-very exotic. I will take your advice & contact a moderator when I work out how.
D

I'm not doing Cohen's. Im consulting a dietician & a physiotherepist. They have run a multitude of tests on me & have designed a program of diet & exercise just for me. & it is working brilliantly!!:)

I have had a great day. Had a list a mile long & got everything ticked off! It was exhausting. I did find a shop that I will go to AC(after Cohen's). Lovely clothes. I have also been told about a good clothes shop that also sells smart pre-loved clothes( just love that term). Bumped into a few people today that I haven't seen for a while & got a couple of very positive comments & looks. Also met a friend of a friend and she has been on Cohen's too & is almost at goal. Will ring her in the next couple of days. She is looking great!!
Annie-thanks. I suspected that apples are the culprit & anyone would think I had been starved as a child with the way I save food up for later. I will try the crackers with meals thing for a couple of days. I wasn't so hungry today as I took a cheese salad with me shopping & ate my crackers with it as I with my husband & some of his family who were eating hot roast meat rolls. I didn't feel tempted though.
Rashmi- It sounds great. A program just for you-sounds ideal. You are doing so well
I can't wait to weigh myself again. I'm getting quite excited about it. 10 weeks today. Hopefully I will be half way on the 16th!! (After a weekend away with friends) It will keep me on the straight & narrow. No wine for me thank you.
I keep thinking-"Nothing tastes as good as slim will feel"
Good night all-after another beautiful day. More blue sky.....
xo Cate

Another really good day. Took Annie's advice & tried something different. Had yoghurt(Vaahlia) & mango, with a few drops of sweetener for breakfast & it was delicious. The thing is though I was not at all hungry. I did not have crackers until lunch time(5&1/2 hrs later) & only had them then because I thought I should. Had chicken, lettuce, tomato,spring onion,celery with my own vinaigrette, no mayo at all, an orange afterwards & hey, it's another 4 &1/2hrs later & I'm not hungry.
Duh-thanks Annie! I just assumed I was going to experience hunger with the program & I really thought a 1 egg omelette would fill me up more than yoghurt & fruit. Now faced with a minor conundrum- have 2 lots of crackers to consume & only 3 hrs to eat them so it looks like I will eat only 1 lot.
I think I am fortunate in that I have 6 crackers a day & 3 fruit! I prefer Saladas.
Rang my consultant today as I cheated & weighed myself this morning(again)
For the last 6wks I have lost 1kg a week & only lost 2cm this week. Wasn't feeling negative about it just thought I should double check a few things. I have having a fair bit of Chinese 5 spice & it isn't allowed. I had figured that if each component is allowed the mixture would be also but I will take her word for it & cut it out. I told her about the yoghurt/fruit for brekkie & went over everything with her. It seems like I'm not doing anything wrong but it was good to talk to her & get everything into perspective.
She also said 16kgs over 10 wks is 1.6kg per week & that's how I should look at it. She's right of course!! I was thinking " Oh my god-1kg a week, 20kg to go. That's 20 wks=30 wks total. I'm not usually a glass half empty person so a little negative thinking had crept in obviously. It did me a lot of good to talk to her. She's very nice, supportive, doesn't bull...t-which is great!
My lovely husband is making me another of his yummy beef curries & it smells sensational. I will have to go shopping tomorrow for some more Vaalia yoghurt. It's going to be much easier to make breakfast that's for sure. I might alternate between my yoghurt/mango & 1 egg omelette for the next 2 week to see what happens.
I won't change my ticker until after next official weigh-in on 16th April but I now weigh 89kgs. I'm in the 80's. Wonderful!!
Another beautiful day today. Found some more clothes I can fit into today. I am so..looking forward to buying new clothes but will wait.....Only have 1 pr of pants that fit though. Baggy in the legs but I don't have to constantly hitch them up.
Lots more energy tonight. Was it the fruit for breakfast, fruit with lunch??
Annie-xo
Cheers, Cate

Last edited:
I'm in the 80's. Wonderful!!

hey cate! welcome to the 80's. hope u never see the 90's ever again.
Go out and buy an outfit. treat urself. u've worked hard 4 it! moreover i'm sure shopping burns a lot of calories!so many decisions to make!!!:)

You're doing so well Cate...keep it up! On the the Chinese Five Spice - I LOVE it and was putting it on all my meats, but something in the back of my mind questioned if i was allowed to be using it because i know it's a mixed spice. I stopped using it (after about 2 weeks mind you) and the next time i was in the supermarket I checked the ingredient list (i put my spices/herbs into labelled glass shakers) and it had the spices, which is fine, but it also includes wheat or starch or a flour (can't remember) which help bind it together or stops it from hardening or something. I haven't used it since and i checked with my consultant and she said 'yeah, can't use that one', so it's just the pure spices we can use....bummer hey, coz i love it rubbed onto a nice bit of steak or chicken mixed with a little smoked praprika. Oh well, the smoked paprika is just as good.

As i said, keep up the good work and you'll be there in no time....xxx

Hiya Cate

Congrats on reaching the 80's..woo hoo! ..I cant wait for when I reach the 80's.
So happy that you are not feeling hungry in between meals, glad I could help, I have gotten so many tips from this forum and it's great that we are able to share our experiences.

TTFN
Annie Lusion

Thought I would have a quick look-
Rashmi- I would love to go buy something nice to wear but I have such a long way to go...
Minny-I didn't know why Chinese 5 spice was not allowed so that helps explain it. I was a fair bit slower on the uptake than you-took me 10 wks. Whoops!
Annie-You're right. It's actually great to learn from one another. Never a day goes by that I don't learn something!
I feel great today-best I've felt for a couple of weeks. Love this diet, love life.
& Woo Hoo, I can't believe I'm in the 80's! Pity I can't(won't) confess that I've weighed myself to my husband though! I will just have to wait 2 more weeks!
xoCate

Had a busy day today which was good-gardened, re-potted some plants, visited my son & his family. It meant I didn't think about the diet much at all. Tried having my crackers & fruit at each meal-time for a change. Must buy yoghurt tomorrow as I now know that is filling.
I'm pretty tired so will have an early night. Work tomorrow..Cate

Another good day (except for work). At least if I go to work it stops me thinking of food as much & usually stretches my break between meals. I'm still wearing my old uniform(taken in) but will start to wear smaller sizes soon. I have some clothes 2 sizes down but want to wait a couple more weeks so that they are baggy. No idea why. I think I am just so used to hiding my body that it will take some time to adjust my mindset.
Hi Rashmi! I had quite a good day really. Work I could give up if I really wanted to but I think I'm still too young to give up work. Also I like to plan our next holiday so work pays for that. I may have a change of direction in the next year though. Weight loss first, change job later (maybe)
I had better go back & sit with my husband & watch our beloved football team get a thrashing!! Cheers, Cate

Tried my egg & vegie muffins(?) that I had cooked a couple of weeks ago & froze, this morning. Zapped them in the microwave for 40 seconds. Not bad. Will be handy for emergencies or trips away. Got a couple of these happening soon. Had my fruit straight after, haven't been hungry since. Still haven't had any crackers & it's 5 & 1/2 hrs later. I think I have discovered (with help) the secret to me not being hungry. Spread the fruit out evenly during the day & skip the apples. 1teaspoon powdered Metamucil, mixed with water 1st thing in the morning does the trick in the bathroom department instead.
I'm off to work this afternoon. My fault-I did volunteer! Lots of people at my work are a lot younger & have small children so I volunteered so that they wouldn't have to work & now I wished I didn't have to go. Bummer!
There was nothing organised by the family so I thought-"Oh well, might as well work Good Friday" & then they organised a lunch for today. I don't think I'm very popular with my husband, unfortunately as he has had to pick up his mum & go to lunch without me. He always wants me to go anywhere with him which is nice.
Better go & have my lunch (vegies with cheese grilled on top) as I have to have my tea in my break at work which is just over 5 hrs away.
Happy Easter every-one!! I don't even feel bad about not eating chocolate easter eggs as I just don't want or feel like eating any!
I won't include my ticker until I update it on the 16th, cheers, Cate

Last edited:
Hi Cate,

So glad you sorted the hunger bit out, I also find when I drop my crackers during the day, I do so much better on the scales (daily weigher) but it doesnt happen often as I love having them with my meals.

I wish I had worked today, I have been in kitchen all day baking and dyeing red eggs. I made some Greek almond crescents and I had a quarter of one (first deviation...grrrrr and the last) I felt terrible but I had to taste them since it was my first time making them and I couldnt possibly give them out to family/friends without tasting them first. They were yummy, so very proud of myself also my eggs turned out great ! (mum will be proud)

Happy Easter to you too!
TTFN
Annie Lusion

Easter Saturday. I almost forgot to have lunch today because I wasn't at all hungry! OMG! I had the same breakfast as yesterday-egg/vegie muffins as I slept in, had mango & kiwi fruit(equiv. of 1 fruit) straight after breakfast, lots of water all day & headed off to go shopping & didn't get home until 2.30. Whoops-had to quickly cook lunch. I'm getting good at this cooking caper-it was delicious! Minced steak, tomato, onion, garlic, bok choy, curry powder, balsamic, salt & pepper, fresh basil( I just love basil!!)
Well I have decided to delay the clothes shopping a bit longer as I have dug out some clothes that are too big but don't look like tents but.....
I did buy some leopard-skin patterned, leather glothes. Very nice!
I also have a black, with leopard skin trim, cape that I bought about a month ago for our Tassie winter, that I haven't worn yet & these will look great together. The cape( 1size fits every-one) will fit regardless of my size & they will look great together. I have this picture of slim me in my mind & what I will wear.
I love black & it suits me. I will still wear it when I am slim but will add colour and have more fitted clothes, perhaps even a polo jumper. I am going to buy some good quality, knitted & fitted jumpers. I'm saving up for a classy splurge. Might wait for a trip to Melbourne I think. A new black leather handbag too. You know the perfect one we are all searching for!!
Met a friend today who I haven't seen for a while. Her husband died about 2 years ago. She was going to call in to see me at home on her way home. It was lovely to catch up with her and we went to the local deli & had coffee. Even a cappuccino, which used to be my favourite, didn't appeal. I think I will stick to long black apres Cohen's. Looking at anything milky or creamy makes me feel queasy.
My husband wasn't shirty with me re Good Friday. He ate oysters, abalone, smoked salmon etc etc & sounds like he had a lovely time. Work wasn't too bad. No disasters at least. I work again Easter Sunday & Monday. I will think of the dosh going towards my classy clothes spree!!
Can feel myself getting smaller, can see myself getting smaller!!
Life is good & getting better all the time. I have been singing today.
Annie, I LOVE Greek food. I can't think of any Greek food that I have eaten that I didn't like. We used to live amongst a huge Greek population in Melbourne- Greek neighbours, work colleagues/friends (OMG the hospitality, the food, the parties, the fun!). I also interviewed lots of Greeks as part of my job for years. People would start to spell their names out to me, not believing I would get it right & I would show them. Every now & then one would stump me but mostly it was logical. I miss the interchange of cultures in Tassie. I have put my name down for a class to teach English to migrants & they will contact me about July. Apparently there is a real need for English tutors & as you can see from todays long diary note I LOVE words & language (& accents)
We are planning on going to Greece & Italy hopefully in the next 2 years.
I had better work some more!
This diet is so much easier to cope with now that I am not hungry. Thank you Annie very much! I think I will give up on apples too, even though they are particularly scrumptious at the moment. xo to all, Cate

Last edited:
Hi Cate

I am in Melbourne, where abouts did you live?
Very impressed with the spelling of Greek names , some of them are doozies even I can't get them. All my life I had to always spell out my name over and over again, it was such a relief when I married a Brit and changed my name...much much easier.

Well if you make it over let us know maybe we can meet up.

I havnt had a big shop yet, I am going to hang out until I reach mid 80's, my clothes don't look too tenty (i think it's because I may have been wearing my clothes too tight to begin with ..doh!)
Aunt Flo has been in town (TOM) and I have had the munchies bad, she hasnt affected other months, this one is bad...grrrrr. I have been good but it's tough with so many goodies in the house!

It is a great feeling of looking and feeling slimmer, it's amazing isn't it how the fat just drops off...I love it!!
Have a great Easter
Annie Lusion

Annie, I lived in Prahran for a couple of years but worked in Prahran for about 7 years. I was never far away though. I loved it. I now live in the country in Tassie and love it but whenever I go to Melb I always go to Prahran market & usually stock up on olives etc. Won't be doing that for a while.
My pants were always pretty tight but the tops I always wore loose. Thought I was hiding it all I guess.
I plan on coming over a few times this year. I will be in Melb for just 1 day next week, to see a show, again in August probably for a weekend and then a shopping spree maybe Sept/Oct(?). It would be lovely to meet for a coffee. We'll keep in touch.
I don't have any visits from Aunt Flo (I had never heard that one) anymore thank god. I had to have a hysterectomy years ago. I don't miss it! Do you take anything? I took Evening Primrose Oil for years & it seemed to help. I'm about to watch RockKwiz-I love the show, so will say good night, Cate.

Back