My Diary

Workout 7/26

Cardio:

30 Minutes Fat Burner, L7

Spinning class tonight. Finished Le Tour de France with the final leg of the race. Two hills, and then a race (85% heart rate) to the finish. I found my heart rate was dipping to 79% - so I decided to take a little gear up and up the cadence. And I started to go fast... fast enough that the instructor picked up on it, but I got up to the 85% and then some (this was closish to the end of the race). The last 30 seconds were a standing sprint to the finish. And I pedaled as hard and as fast as I could - got the heart rate up to 92% and was on the verge of giving out when the instructor called the end of the race. A really good workout - and I surprised myself with what I was able to do.

Last edited:
Workout 7/26

Session I (at lunch)

Strength:

Ball Squats, 2 sets x 12 reps, body weight + 2x15 lb weights, alternated with
Calf Raises, 2x12, body weight + 2x15 lb weights

Backward Lunges, 2x12, body weight + 2x5 lb weights - balance here esp on the left foot forward is an issue for me - still working on it. made it through all sets without having to stabilize myself

Hamstring Curl, 2x12, 110lbs (machine)

Chest Flys, 2x12, 50lb dumbbells, alternated with
1-Arm Rows, 2x12 70lbs (pulley machine)

Tricep Pulldowns (using rope), 2x12, 70lbs (pulley machine) alternated with
1-Arm Concentration Curls, 2x12, 27.5lbs

Shoulder Press, 2x12, 2x35 lb dumbbells

Crunch with Leg Lift 2x12
Oblique Twist (Saw) 2x12
Hip Lifts 2x12
Back Extensions, 2x12@20

Well this is the last session for this strength workout. Tomorrow I meet with the asst manager of the corporate wellness center to go over my new workout which starts on Friday. Not sure how the cardio is going to shape up either. I'm simultaneously happy and apprehensive.

The routine was developed by the assistant manager of the gym, as is the one I'm going to get tomorrow. I liked this one a lot - it hit all major muscle groups, and was 2 sets per exercise. It took me about an hour to do the strength training, and cardio was more up to me. Hoping that tomorrow I'll get an integrated program between the two.

Workout 7/27

No time for the elliptical today as I was shown my new strength workout today.

Spinning class was fun - our last ride before our instructor goes on vacation.

Workout 7/28

Strength:

A new workout - don't remember the order of the exercises but the basic setup was do one set each per body part on a functional trainer, then another set (all body parts again) with free weights. In the middle was core work on the stability ball. I kinda liked it because each exercise was something new to do, rather than just cranking out another set of the previous. Guessing the idea is to work the muscles from a variety of angles and get me ready for more compound movements. Will try to get an exercise list posted soon.

Cardio:

30 Minutes Nature Walk, L7

Last edited:
glad spining was fun,and new program is really different from the one u were following for ast several months,its always good to experience new workouts:)

All I can say is wow! I just read your diary start to end and you have really made tremendous progress. Definately inspiring to read, thanks for sharing.

I second that:)

Back