My Diary

Now I just have to find out how to cook chicken (!)

I still say boil or bake.

My mom said boil it on top of the stove in water. Not sure how big the breasts would be, but she said 1 chicken breast should be enough.

I always prefer to grill my chicken, but chicken salad is different. My mother-in-law swears by boiling the chicken for Chix salad and she is so right...her chicken salad is the best!! I'll have to try that recipe too:)

Workout 7/18

Cardio:

30 Minutes Fat Burner, L7

Tonight - Spinning - doing hill climbing which I'm not looking forward to, esp after doing the trailblazer on the elliptical yesterday. Ah well will see what happens.

Edited to add... class was hard but fun. They're in the Alps for the Tour de France so that's what we did in class. Actually I feel energized by the whole experience - maybe i'm starting to get the hang of this exercise thing. :)

Last edited:
hey there...it really depends on the chicken how long to cook it...I usually end up checking after about 12 minutes to see if it's cooked through and if not, I just wait a little longer:)

Workout 7/19

Session I (at lunch)

Strength:

Ball Squats, 2 sets x 12 reps, body weight + 2x15 lb weights, alternated with
Calf Raises, 2x12, body weight + 2x15 lb weights

Backward Lunges, 2x12, body weight + 2x5 lb weights - balance here esp on the left foot forward is an issue for me - still working on it. made it through all sets without having to stabilize myself

Hamstring Curl, 2x12, 100lbs (machine)

Chest Flys, 2x12, 45lb dumbbells, alternated with
1-Arm Rows, 2x12 70lbs (pulley machine)

Tricep Pulldowns (using rope), 2x12, 70lbs (pulley machine) alternated with
1-Arm Concentration Curls, 1x12, 27.5lbs, 1x12 (L), 1x11(R) 27.5 lbs

Shoulder Press, 2x12, 2x35 lb dumbbells

Crunch with Leg Lift 2x12
Oblique Twist (Saw) 2x12
Hip Lifts 2x12
Back Extensions, 2x12@16

Well I tried and I tried, but could NOT get that last rep on the curl on the right hand side. On the plus side though my legs are thin enough that I can set the bar that covers them on the hamstring curl machine down a notch, so I'm happy about that. The rest of the workout went fine. Cardio after work.

Session II (after work)

30 Minutes, Fat Burner, L7

Last edited:
stingo said:
Session I (at lunch)

Strength:

Ball Squats, 2 sets x 12 reps, body weight + 2x15 lb weights, alternated with
Calf Raises, 2x12, body weight + 2x15 lb weights

Backward Lunges, 2x12, body weight + 2x5 lb weights - balance here esp on the left foot forward is an issue for me - still working on it. made it through all sets without having to stabilize myself

Hamstring Curl, 2x12, 100lbs (machine)

Chest Flys, 2x12, 45lb dumbbells, alternated with
1-Arm Rows, 2x12 70lbs (pulley machine)

Tricep Pulldowns (using rope), 2x12, 70lbs (pulley machine) alternated with
1-Arm Concentration Curls, 1x12, 27.5lbs, 1x12 (L), 1x11(R) 27.5 lbs

Shoulder Press, 2x12, 2x35 lb dumbbells

Crunch with Leg Lift 2x12
Oblique Twist (Saw) 2x12
Hip Lifts 2x12
Back Extensions, 2x12@16

Well I tried and I tried, but could NOT get that last rep on the curl on the right hand side. On the plus side though my legs are thin enough that I can set the bar that covers them on the hamstring curl machine down a notch, so I'm happy about that. The rest of the workout went fine. Cardio after work.
phew!i am tired even after reading that..how do u do all that?:O
Good job!!

I imagine with that kind of workout you are happy with your progress! if not, you should be! Sounds like you are doing great and you will get that last rep soon enough - and won't it feel GREAT when you do!!!!!! Did you try the chicken salad yet?

The "gym" I belong to is the corporate wellness center for the company I work for. As such it's almost literally across the street from where I work, making it easier for me to get over for a workout. Strength training takes about an hour for me to do, and the cardio is half an hour - then whatever classes I do that evening. I try not to miss a workout - so progress has been pretty good, though as we all know we all wish for more progress faster. Actually, my program is going to be changed as of August 1st - for multiple exercises per body part, so I'd imagine some kind of split routine will follow. I'm very curious to see what they'll come up with.

No, I've not tried the chicken salad yet - I did get a couple of chicken breasts and will boil them, but for dinner, not the salad. I'll probably make the salad up over the weekend as there's another recipe I want to try in conjunction with it. Thanks for the

Heh actually I did a trial run with the boiling chicken - think I left it on sligthly too long... but it wasn't harmed that much - tasted good. Had chicken breast with brown rice made in nonfat chicken broth - very tasty :). Was going to have a salad but found I waited too long to use the lettuce... *sigh* - oh well, always tomorrow.

I swear, my lettuce always goes to mush by the time I get to using it, too! Especially the packaged stuff--like only two days after opening, it already browns a bit. So I usually opt for the frozen veggies since they're ready and waiting for me all the time!

Back