Losing Weight but Gaining Inches?

Yeah it's weird, I lost some weight but I gained almost an inch on my waist and half an inch on my thighs. Is that abnormal?

Anyone wanna give their take on this??

I would like to see a sample of your daily diet and workout routine in detail but first/best guess is your are eating to few calories causing you to lose muscle. When this happens while you may go down on the scale, you will actually get bigger because your body fat percentage goes up. Its good though that you are measuring because this is one of many things that lets up know where we may need to change things. You are 16 and naturally are going to have a faster metabolism and if your deficit is to much this could be one such effect of that. So if you want post those details and we can see what might be the problem.

However I would like to add if this is just a one time thing or isn't constant it could just be bloat or water weight, also since your a female time of the month issues could come in. So more detail again would be needed.

Okay thanks,

While it is true that I have not been going to the gym as much as I used to. Because when I went, my mind got relaxed and I ate a lot of unhealthy foods. I always just figured, "eh I'll burn it all off at the gym", which therefore made me gain up to 10lbs in the last year. Sure some were muscles but a lot of it was fat as well. So starting this summer, I decided to cut the gym and eat healthily.

I usually eat 4-5 meals a day. Never after 7pm

My meals usualy consists of:

Cesear salad
Tuna w/mayo
Chicken
Ground Pork/Beef
Various vegetables
Almonds
Water

It could just be the TOM, but I hope that I don't continue to lose my muscle. My attitude towards eating when I went to the gym was really bad. I just let my mind relax and not care what I was eating. Now that I stopped the gym, most likely temporarily, I can focus and keep track of what I was eating.

I don't think that I'm eating too little. And also, once in a while (meaning every 3 days) I'll have a small cookie as a reward but I never binge or anything.

So what do you think? :)

Don't cut the gym.
Keep the gym, and fix your eating habits.
I'm not a fan of mayo either, as its mostly fat.

Back