Cate's Diary

Thanks, Liza, Vic & Llama.
G did most of the vigorous work, but we got the bed done & hopefully, the rhubarb will flourish. It's good to get it done. I picked lots of tomatoes & will go check on the mountain pepper berries & walnuts today. We have so many walnuts already. It's our best crop so far!
I have been searching for an exercise/dance routine for me to do each day, but think I might just play some music, maybe in the snooker room & just dance. I have looked at so many zumba videos, but mostly I dislike the electronic music. Just dancing every day for at least 30 minutes would have to be good exercise.
Day 3
Make up a special playlist for dancing to.
Nutbush
Macarena
YMCA
Love Shack
Play that funky music
Let's Dance
Eagle Rock
My Sharona
Come On Eileen.
Slave to love
Hey Ya
Honky Tonk Women
Slice of heaven
You sexy thing
Slice of heaven
Do Wah Diddy Diddy
Dancing in the street
Happy
Shake it off
That's a great start. There's a good mix there I think.
I'll get on the move soon & will wear my yoga pants today, ready for dancing!
Edited at 1.30 pm. I added a couple of songs & have listed them in order of my playlist. I'm not sure how long the Macarena will stay on there. It's a bit annoying.
I'm having a rest right now. I took Arch for a walk before lunch & have done lots of housework.

Last edited:
A freshened up rhubarb bed sounds delightful. Rhubarb is one of my favorites. A half hour of dancing sounds like a fantastic workout. That's great you have a song list ready, too. Lovely you are getting so many walnuts (they are getting expensive in stores here, and are never as good as fresh), and a nice amount of rain, too! I love hearing about your garden!

I love rhubarb too, M. It has been sadly neglected & struggling since we moved it a couple of years ago. We'll have to concentrate on looking after it properly.
I had better check the walnuts shortly. I'm just having a rest between dog walking & more chores & some more dancing. I just asked in your diary for the link to the Nutbush video that you & K are dancing to. It would be fun to do the same one!

Old farmer wisdom says if you get a bumper crop of nuts and/or acorns there's a cruel winter ahead. Good thing you live in a temperate climate.

Dancing is great exercise but please mind your knees: they may object to doing a half hour in one go when you're just starting out.

Old farmer wisdom says if you get a bumper crop of nuts and/or acorns there's a cruel winter ahead. Good thing you live in a temperate climate.
I'm glad too. That is common folklore, Llama. I was curious about that & googled it. I love stuff like that!
Dancing is great exercise but please mind your knees: they may object to doing a half hour in one go when you're just starting out.
I will be careful, Llama. I'm just going to do my version of anything & have discounted Zumba because of the warnings about knees & in particular tearing a meniscus, which, as you know, I have already done. The Nutbush involves jumping, so I may do a modified version. It's a bit quick for me I think. I mixed up my day today with some dance, walking & mostly housework. The dancing playlist is for variety. I might try what @bluehat does & dance to a few songs daily.

The Nutbush video we watched was just to get the moves down - it's a bit fast
. I think we can find a nicer one or a slower dance. I just want to be in solidarity with you, so will do a dance in your weight loss honor. It doesn't matter which one. It may also get me doing my weight loss video I love again! I hope if it's a hard winter there, it rains a lot so your trees will be happy.

Dance is such a joyful thing. I'll keep looking until I find something nicer & slower. If anyone has any videos they do & would like to share, please do. We have had some lovely rain this week & I think I heard our trees singing. I really must get myself some wet weather gear. I know I say this every year. If I lost 10 kg I have a lovely red raincoat that would fit me!
G has been asked to speak at an "Old boys" get-together this morning about our years in the pub. We were both asked but I'll go shopping instead.

I love all the songs and your big plans for getting your groove on! I laughed that 'Macarena' is annoying already. Best reserved for once a year at a wedding or party, lol.

I hope I can get my groove on, Em. I have to try! Macarena is very annoying. I don't want that in my head as an earworm so I had best delete that already(done). I'm glad I made you laugh. We need more laughter.
It's a lovely Autumn day here. It started off chilly, but is sunny & still. I'll take Arch for a walk in about half an hour.
I showed G a house for sale in our local town & he agrees it's in a good spot. There's a separate title at the front that you could build a unit on later, but which serves as a buffer zone between you & the street. I think I'll ring the agent tomorrow & ask to check it out.

The Macarena is one of the most annoying songs I know, followed closely by every other song with a popular set of standardized moves attached. My vote is for free movement to music you actually enjoy!
I hope if it's a hard winter there, it rains a lot so your trees will be happy.
That amused me. Hard winters must mean something different to you than they do here.

Does G like dancing as well? Might be fun to do some dancing together!
I showed G a house for sale in our local town & he agrees it's in a good spot. There's a separate title at the front that you could build a unit on later, but which serves as a buffer zone between you & the street. I think I'll ring the agent tomorrow & ask to check it out.
sounds like a nice place. Would be interesting to have a look for sure!

The Macarena is one of the most annoying songs I know, followed closely by every other song with a popular set of standardized moves attached. My vote is for free movement to music you actually enjoy!
I decided the same. I do want to learn the Nutbush though.
Does G like dancing as well? Might be fun to do some dancing together!
He does & we do dance a lot together when we're out & listening to live music.
sounds like a nice place. Would be interesting to have a look for sure!
It is. I'm nervous about making that first step though. The real estate agent is a friend's son so I should be able to talk to him about not being pressured. His Mum was my Tai Chi teacher.
It's a home day today. Yay!
Yesterday's deficit was 364 cals. My protein was so low! I just changed my cals to the guided ones & it's 1370 a day. I need to up my protein! I just added a recipe for an oat milk/protein powder drink to MFP & will start checking out my protein intake towards the end of each day & will have one if I need to & it can fit into my calories. It's 1 cup unsweetened oat milk with 10g of whey protein isolate unflavoured- 159 cals, 10g protein.
I'm not sure what I'll do today. Some gardening maybe, an Archie walk, some housework, some reading......Ah- some dancing. Today is Day 5 of no alcohol. Tomorrow I will weigh myself. I don't feel like there's a change at all.

I had a bit of a lazy day today & consequently, I didn't have a deficit(81 over). I don't miss alcohol at all, but I do miss golf. I'm not playing again until Wednesday & then again on Saturday. I did some dancing this afternoon & really enjoyed it.
R has had a lot of stress this week & he rang today to give me good news. It's such a relief.
I'm going into town tomorrow & will take Arch with me & make sure we go for a long walk & also a visit to the market.

esterday's deficit was 364 cals. My protein was so low! I just changed my cals to the guided ones & it's 1370 a day. I need to up my protein! I just added a recipe for an oat milk/protein powder drink to MFP & will start checking out my protein intake towards the end of each day & will have one if I need to & it can fit into my calories. It's 1 cup unsweetened oat milk with 10g of whey protein isolate unflavoured- 159 cals, 10g protein.
Yes protein can be such a challenge when aiming for deficits! That sounds like a good plan to boost protein levels.
I'm going into town tomorrow & will take Arch with me & make sure we go for a long walk & also a visit to the market.
Sounds like a fun plan!

way to go on the dancing!!

That amused me. Hard winters must mean something different to you than they do here.
I wasn't sure, but it sounds like Cate lives in a more temperate rain forest area, like where I lived in Northern California. There we worried about getting enough rain before hard freezes because drought-stricken plants have a hard time in hard freezes, and the trees topple in the wind if their roots aren't well established. We lived in the mountains, and mudslides were a constant worry, too. Where I live now, a hard winter means many hurricane alerts and flash flooding, but I did grow up in the northeast with the traditionally snowy hard winters with feet of snow dumping down.
I always think I should see & feel instant rewards for not drinking alcohol! Weight should just drop off! :ROFLMAO:
I know - I feel like that about sugar, too. Why can't nature cooperate with my imagination better?! So glad you are enjoying dancing, and that R is doing well again! Are you still going to casually look at the house for sale? We used to say we were just casually looking so the realtor didn't pressure us or get their hopes up. Hope you enjoy your lazy day!!

Back