Can't get enough calories.. Helppp

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatLossx

Hey all. I've been using MyFitnessPal app and I always seem to be unable to meet calorie goals. I feel full at the end of the day but I'm just not getting enough calories, I only end up eating 800 calories, for reference I'm 25, female, 250lbs and 5'9. I'll list what my usual meals look like.

2 daily protein shake (isoflex, zero sugar, 27g protein)

Brunch is usually 2-3 egg white, tea with two tsp sugar. The first protein shake. Half an avacado.

Snacks include 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, 1/4 cup almonds, oikos Greek yogurt cup, some veggies, probably 1/4 - 1/2 cup.

Dinner is usually skinless chicken breast probably 4oz or fish or beef 6oz usually and a full cup of veggies. Another protein shake.

I drink about 50-70oz water a day.

I have to avoid sugars, starches, grains artificial sweeteners, dairy.

I also take like a handful of vitamins.

Are you meeting your nutritional goals ? the main concern with low calories is not getting enough minerals, vitamins, protein and fat

From that summary, you definitely look low on fat. Fat is super important as it is a carrier for many vitamins. It is also calorie dense. So start drizzling coconut oil or EVOO on everything! And unless you are bodybuilding, go for real food instead of protein shakes for breakfast :)

Remember your body craves nutrients, minerals, and vitamins, as well as some calories. Make sure to get all of these in your diet, by balancing it out.

You have to start eating small snacks in-between your meals. So lets say you're having 3 large meals...inbetween those meals have a small sandwich, some fruit, a pre-made shake, etc. Let your body get accustomed to a constant supply of new nutrients that your metabolism is breaking down. That should definitely help, in my opinion. Others may feel differently.

Three words. Peanut butter sandwiches. They have the perfect amount of protein, fat and carbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back