Breast Implants

I bet if they could make a peni$ bigger, it would be the top surgery. (i know they can, but it doesnt have good results...yet)

Mostly for men who either have serious self-esteem / self-image issues and / or are ( as a result ) terribly insecure about their peni$ I suspect.

That's even more sad than breast implants for women IMO

When we live in a society where looks are of the utmost importance, I dont think it is sad that someone wants to improve themselves.

You'd think people could just accept themselves as they are - even if other people don't accept them or despite the fact other people may make superficial judgments about them.

And given peni$es aren't noticeable in clothes anywhere near to the same extent as women's breasts are, resorting to surgery to make a peni$ bigger - sadly - speaks for itself.

I do however disagree with liposuction before any effort is made to lose weight.

I would agree.

Mostly for men who either have serious self-esteem / self-image issues and / or are ( as a result ) terribly insecure about their peni$ I suspect.

That's even more sad than breast implants for women IMO

You'd think people could just accept themselves as they are - even if other people don't accept them or despite the fact other people may make superficial judgments about them.

And given peni$es aren't noticeable in clothes anywhere near to the same extent as women's breasts are, resorting to surgery to make a peni$ bigger - sadly - speaks for itself.

Wrangell,

Do you truly feel that if you had, say, a 3 inch peni$, and, hypothetically, it was very visible to the world at all times - that it would have absolutely no bearing at all on how attractive you felt?

Wrangell,

Do you truly feel that if you had, say, a 3 inch peni$, and, hypothetically, it was very visible to the world at all times - that it would have absolutely no bearing at all on how attractive you felt?

I can only speak for myself, but in my view - it would have no bearing. Why would it ?

I suppose it is similar to men who are bald - where being bald is also being ' very visible to the world '.

Some bald men will do anything to get a hairpiece to cover it up or search endlessly for some way to grow hair back ( for reasons only they could explain ) whereas others accept their baldness for what it is.

I can only speak for myself, but in my view - it would have no bearing. Why would it ?

I suppose it is similar to men who are bald - where being bald is also being ' very visible to the world '.

Some bald men will do anything to get a hairpiece to cover it up or search endlessly for some way to grow hair back ( for reasons only they could explain ) whereas others accept their baldness for what it is.

The root of your position is one that I understand. As a whole, there is something sad about the lengths people will go to to change their outward appearance, or to reverse/slow down aging.

However, modern western civilization didn't create it - we just have the means to advance it more than those in the past. For thousands of years, people have done things to look better - they did all that they could with the resources they had at the time. They had elaborate jewelry, wigs, forms of makeup, and even concoctions believed to make the skin look better --- all in the name of improving their outer appearance. That wasn't the result of vast media sources influencing their self esteem, that was the natural human desire to look good, be attractive to the opposite sex, and attract a mate.

At the bottom of all this, we are looking at the same thing, just with much more advanced means of achieving the same goal.

Accept their baldness for what it is? And what would that be?

It's who they are - they're bald. They're not odd, less of a person, inadequate or unattractive...they're simply bald just as nature intended. Some people can accept that, some can't.

Trouble is, people who look for snake-oil potions to grow hair or buy ' rugs ' to cover their bald heads obviously can't accept the fact they are bald. And for whatever reason they see it as something that needs to be corrected. They affix a negative connotation to being bald for some reason - where others may not.

As nature intended huh? So does that mean if nature intended for you to be naturally 130lbs you should stay that way? Or is it okay to lift to change it? And if that's okay, then is it okay to take protein supplements? And is it okay to take creatine? steroids? How far? Where does 'nature' get overstepped?

If you're born small you're not odd, inadequate or unattractive.. But I mean, it's who they are, right?

i didn't say anything about you or your posts, but i wanted to comment on your statement below:

Its when you're willing to put yourself in a situation where you may die, be disfigured, or otherwise horribly injuried, that I think its just gone far too far.

yeah, i guess that's the point of this thread. every person has their own personal assessment of when to take risk and when not to. just like anything else -- some people love raw cookie dough and eat it hoping they won't get salmonella. some people won't fly because they're afraid of a crash or a terrorist attack and in the process, never travel. some people won't have surgery, even if it will save their lives. who knows why? the reasons behind this behavior are infinite but for whatever reason, these people choose to do things for some reason, whether healthy or not, whether dangerous or not.

for some people, the risk/reward of having implants is outweighed by the reward. unless we are living their lives and have their experiences, we can't judge whether or not they've gone too far. the only thing that i can say is that i hope that people are making informed decisions (meaning that they understand the risks), choosing good doctors and are making the choice based on the reality of their situation (eg: not based on some false hopes or skewed self-esteem issues).

but of course, that has nothing to do with what you said specifically, i'm just talking about the overall idea behind your statement above. obviously, you're entitled to your own opinion.

but, as history has shown, progress inevitably prevails and as this procedure becomes safer (as it is) and more common, no one will give a sh$t.

okay i haven't been reading this thread but i wanted to say two things that came to mind when skimming over it just now:

1) to whoever said it, you know absolutely nothing about my religious or moral beliefs. Nothing. If you did, you never would've thought it had anything to do with it

3) Do you even know how old I am? Try not to reference my age unless you have an idea, thanks.

I don't remember anyone saying anything about your age or religious beliefs

Yeah, I don't either??? I think sometimes when people write 'you' it could be interpreted as 'you specifically' to the reader when it's really meant to be read as 'people in general'...maybe????

It's who they are - they're bald. They're not odd, less of a person, inadequate or unattractive...they're simply bald just as nature intended. Some people can accept that, some can't.

Trouble is, people who look for snake-oil potions to grow hair or buy ' rugs ' to cover their bald heads obviously can't accept the fact they are bald. And for whatever reason they see it as something that needs to be corrected. They affix a negative connotation to being bald for some reason - where others may not.

I don't get your point here.

Breast implants aren't some snake-oil potion, they for most women provide a very real effect in making them more attractive. And they're not just about how that person feel about themselves, they also makes it easier for them to score the man they want.

This thread made me a little curious about my own size and how I measure up to other women. I was doing research on the internet, and I was a bit dismayed when I found out that the average size was a B cup. Up until recently, I thought I was a 34 A. Turns out I'm wrong, and I can thank this thread for initiating my curiosity about my own size. I measured myself, and it turns out I was wrong about my size. I think when I was professionally fitted the lady told me I was a 34 because the store did not stock anything smaller than a 34. They just wanted to sell me something. Turns out, I'm a 32 B. Yay! I'm average! And it's amazing what the right size bra does for them too. The A flattened them out, I thought I was naturally that flat. Wrong again!

So basically to turn this into something constructive for everyone else, before you consider plastic surgery look at changing your undergarment first. Most women wear the wrong size. The most common mistake is a too-big band size and a too small cup-size. The right size plus a little help from padding can make them look bigger or perkier for a lot less $.

I'm starting to accept my body a little bit more since when I first posted in the thread. I have a very small frame and enormous boobs just wouldn't look right on me. I thought I was flat chested, and apparently you have to be less than an AA to be considered flat chested. Maybe my body image is shaped by the media more than I though it was. That's kind of scary. Well, I'm starting to see how things really are now, and I kind of like it.

you sure are right about that! most women don't know their bra size! and it makes a BIG difference. (hehe) thanks for the post.

to tell you the truth, i was little nervous that this thread was encouraging you to have breast implants BUT deep down, i knew that you had a good head on your shoulders and that whatever decisions you decide to make are because you have thought about them and made your own informed decisions. i can't tell you how happy i am that you've started to accept your body more since the beginning of this thread. as someone else also said, you are way, way ahead in the game than most women - ESPECIALLY women your age! self-awareness is a powerful and it's only at that point can you make choices from a realistic and rational standpoint.

i'm happy for you and thanks for sharing! :)

I thought about it, and I would rather have natural breasts that are a little small than to risk messing up what I already have that works. They have a nice shape and they're not droopy (yet), so I basically don't have anything to worry about. I would much rather wear a bra with some padding than put stuff in my breasts that I don't really need. Now, I can imagine that if I were an AA, then I probably would want some outside help to feel more female. But if I'm average, then I really don't need it.

I don't get your point here.

Breast implants aren't some snake-oil potion, they for most women provide a very real effect in making them more attractive. And they're not just about how that person feel about themselves, they also makes it easier for them to score the man they want.

Just my 2 cents.....but the physique / shape of a woman is only one component of what makes a women attractive overall IMO.

And, if it takes ' fake boobs ' to get a man - then sadly ( for both the man and the woman ) - that speaks for itself IMO.:rolleyes:

I thought about it, and I would rather have natural breasts that are a little small than to risk messing up what I already have that works. They have a nice shape and they're not droopy (yet), so I basically don't have anything to worry about. I would much rather wear a bra with some padding than put stuff in my breasts that I don't really need. Now, I can imagine that if I were an AA, then I probably would want some outside help to feel more female. But if I'm average, then I really don't need it.

Good for you....sounds like a sensible outlook IMO.

Just my 2 cents.....but the physique / shape of a woman is only one component of what makes a women attractive overall IMO.

And, if it takes ' fake boobs ' to get a man - then sadly ( for both the man and the woman ) - that speaks for itself IMO.:rolleyes:

There are actually some men who like small breasts.

There are actually some men who like small breasts.

You're right.

Back