Breast Implants

LOL, yeah, I guess it's pretty crazy.

It's breast tissue/fatty tissue, muscle and implant-top to bottom.

I guess I'm so immune to it cuz in LA it seems like the majority of women have them...so it's not a big deal.

lol.. same here MB.. "everything is bigger in texas" ha..

You know it's funny you mention that Nae, cuz I think Dallas has the most per capita (that's how you say that right?) anyway, I think I read that somewhere...

It just makes more sense that they should sit on top of the muscle. For a small breasted girl like myself, going under the muscle wouldn't do anything. It would just push what I do have forward. It would look really freaky. It seems like it would look more natural to have the implant hanging out with the rest of the breast tissue where it belongs.

...Wait I forgot the funniest one:

Pro:

-Gave 'what if scenario': if a man's 'tool' shrunk significantly after each child and he could repair said tool with surgery, he probably would

Opposers:

-That example doesn't work because it would never happen

:yelrotflmao:

LMAO, cool, that was my example :)

As for everything being bigger in Texas, I work with a Texan girl and she has to be pushing 300lbs

It just makes more sense that they should sit on top of the muscle. For a small breasted girl like myself, going under the muscle wouldn't do anything. It would just push what I do have forward. It would look really freaky. It seems like it would look more natural to have the implant hanging out with the rest of the breast tissue where it belongs.

I hear ya Spicy, but it's actually the opposite. Because a flat chested woman doesn't have a whole lot of tissue they will suggest going under the muscle to look more natural. Putting the implant over the muscle when there's not much there to begin with is what makes the implant look like two baseballs under the skin...

And CCR, I LOVED your example LOL!!

My wife is a 34C and she was thinking about getting a Lift for her 40th birthday, She is 36 now, She doesn't want them Bigger, just Perkier. I told her to save up for it and if she wants it then go do it.

who am I to judge others? Some women do it for Cosmetic, some do it after Breast cancer, some do it for their spouse or what ever reason suits them.

Frankly, if they want it done, then let them. It is a personal decision, but as with any surgery there are risks, so do your research and get a qualified DR. to do it.

moonbeam is right. implants going under the muscle, particularly if you have less breast tissue, are going to look more natural. you can probably find info online if you are interested.

but, you are right, if you put the implant under the muscle, it'll push what you have forward -- it'll push your natural breast tissue and muscle forward with the implant under the muscle and shaped by it. just imagine putting anything, a pencil for example, directly under your skin/tissue vs under muscle. of course, the natural shape of the pencil will be more obvious under your skin than under muscle as the muscle will naturally form around the pencil instead of being shaped exactly like a pencil under skin. now, then instead of a pencil, imagine something soft and pliable, like an implant -- the muscle around the implant is what gives it the more natural shape.

Last edited:
as far as i know...it doesn't inhibit or impair the use of the muscle (unless you have complications). but, otherwise, the muscle is doing the same thing as it was doing before the implants. once the muscle adjusts to the implant and your body has recovered, i think the muscle is just fine.

but, i'm no expert. any one else have an idea?

I was just thinking of all of those female body builders that get them. Wouldn't the implant some how disfigure the natural form of the muscle? Or am I just getting confused?

yeah, i'm not sure if the body building aspect would affect the muscle. i wouldn't imagine it would because i think the muscle would adjust to the implant in the same way that it would in a non body builder.

moonbeam??? are you out there to offer your insight? :)

Well, I see female body builders all the time with obvious breast implants and it doesn't seem to affect the ability of the muscle to adapt or distort the shape. There are a number of other implants that are used for medical purposes (pace makers, hips joints, cranial etc.) that do not seem to hinder the body to the point that the body no longer 'work's or is warped--in most cases anyway--I think it's because the body just adapts.

Is it 100% the same? I doubt it, I'm not even sure if a Doctor can tell you that and until you've done it you can't know how your body will react to it.

But I would say no, it doesn't affect the muscle significantly enough to where the muscle would not work properly or look funny in any way. No one would do it then! As we know muscles are meant to pull body parts and I see women doing just that at the gym with implants in tow.

But, as you said, some implants are placed over the muscle. How do you know if the body builders have those instead of the ones under the muscle?

Who knows. I just don't think that it would really matter physiologically. All I can tell you is that over half of my best friends (people who I have a personal connection with) have implants. All have had them under the muscle, through the underarm, one through the nipple.

Nothing has changed or been distorted. All of them workout regularly, some even have breastfed afterwards. Some have had them before children, others after and one in between...

i just found this online:

"Q. Should I have implants under the muscle or over the muscle?

A. Many women who bodybuild are worried about the impact of lifting on the implant if it's under the muscle. Will it move? Will it deflate or pop? Obviously these things can happen, but it is not typical. In general, I recommend placement of implants under the pectoralis muscle, since the appearance of the implant is better, especially in patients with very low body fat. In those patients, the implants tend to be very obvious when placed over the muscle, including features such as rippling. By placing the implant under the muscle, there is more tissue between the implant and the outside world, thus making the implant less obvious.

Q. Will the implant under the muscle be squeezed by the muscle?

A. Well... yes, it will. But that's not necessarily a problem since the implants are made to stand up to lots of abuse, such as a band of Miami Dolphin linebackers. The implants are compressible, and in many cases you will be advised to massage the implants to keep them soft. The motion of the muscle will not normally hurt the implant. On the other hand, the motion of the pectoralis muscle can cause "bouncing" of the implant or flattening, when the muscle is flexed. This isn't a problem either. It's just something that you should be aware of. I've seen a clever exotic dancer who used this ability in her dancing routine. Rather remarkable.

Q. Well, if it's so painful, will I ever be able to work out again?

A. Of course. In fact, I allow my patients to start cardio in about a week, and they can start lifting with light weights after two weeks. I recommend that they don't do any chest exercises for up to six weeks, generally cautioning that if it hurts, don't do it. In spite of this, most women who bench press tell me that they are able to bench press the same weight as they did pre-operatively by eight to twelve weeks post-operatively. In a number of my patients who are very serious about their training, they have continued to increase their bench press strength as though they never had implants placed."

sounds like the muscles will be fine....

Back