bowflex owners feedback

I bought a Bowflex almost a year ago now. I will say that it's been the best investment I ever made and love it. I use it just about every day. I am not sure why there is so much hate for it from people. My guess is that they never used it before or used it seriously.

Here are some of the most commonly used statements I see about it.

I got one, it doesn't work so it collects dust
Well duh! Just having it in your home and staring at it will not do anything for you.

You cannot build muscle with a Bowflex
I was at 197. Now I am up to 220 a year later and I am not fat. My clothes still fit me... well maybe a little tight in the chest and arms ;)

It's to much of a hassle to change cables for each exercise
Say what??? It takes me about 10 seconds and probably quicker than changing the weights on a barbell or dumbell. Just another excuse!

It costs too much
Ya, it is a bit pricey but they tell you the price before you buy it. If you don't like the price then walk. You can also check some sporting good stores around your area to see if they have any used ones for sale. These days you can probably talk them down a bit too since nothing is selling.

It's dangerous, it can break and hurt you
You have more of a chance of a dumbell getting dropped on your head.

If you get one you have to actually use it.
You get whatever you put into it out of it.

Garbage In = Garbage Out
Great Effort In = Great Results Out

I attached a before and after picture below...
I don't remember the dates they were taken.

I only used my Bowflex and some cardio... no free weights whatsoever.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 1,622
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 1,169
Last edited:
My wife and I bought a bowflex extreme se about 3yrs ago, I'm a free weight type of guy. When I first purchased it I knew it was built really well the rods I wasn't sure of the rods (the 210lbs is a joke upgrade to 310 or 410) anyways (sorry In a hurry) I was very skeptical about this product but it is worth it if you use it. But you really have to know the nutrition side of things for serious muscle mass (get a sub to muscle and fitness) and look on youtube. Anyways it really works and I have a lot less energy-the machine learning curve sucks but after you do it's well worth it. good luck I wish the company added the extra rods due to the cost. sorry for misspelled words and jumbled sentences I told you I was in a hurry. Godbless. * I'm 255lbs pretty solid

Back