Bella's diary

It's good that you are learning to know your priorities and are protecting your mental as well as your physical health. No-one knows you better than yourself. Watching tv for a little while each evening is not so bad, is it? I find it puts me to sleep if anything :)

Hi Bella,
We just started (last night!) turning off the tv and reading out loud together for an hour and then going straight to sleep.
I'm not sure how long this will last but we both had a great night sleep!

Thank you for sharing your experience dear M2M. How is the reading going on now?
I used to read before bed when I was younger but now I lose interest in a book very fast.

Watching tv for a little while each evening is not so bad, is it? I find it puts me to sleep if anything :)

Hi dear Cate. You're right but I feel like watching tv makes me sit still more than I should. It's hard to explain, but after a while, I get so used to watching tv at nights that the duration extends. Now I don't go to bed until I watch that show which I made it my new favorite.

I understand. I spend too much time on my phone & computer. To me, though, watching TV is not as addictive. I'm a book nut!

I've started 18:6 IF for a few days now. seems it's easier for me to get used to doing IF for 18 hours every day than 24 hours twice a week. I also read about a mobile application which is for scheduling IF and keeping records, it didn't sound very helpful cause I thought I can keep the hours in my mind. but I installed it and interestingly enough it makes the wait pretty easier. I guess it's because I'm sure something will remind me so I don't constantly think about eating or not eating.

As for physical activity, found an app for easy leg workouts. It's too easy so I hope to keep doing the exercises every night.

16/8 to 18/6 is my core IF these days, but frankly i've been all over the place recently. yesterday i went about 20/4 just because by the time i thought about eating dinner, it was way too late and i really wasn't that hungry. but a few days ago i know my day was more like 12/12. if i stick to this, only eating when i'm hungry (on my scale, probably not the same as most people), i really need to plan my days better. especially if i have food on hand (no prep... planned leftovers) i think i tend to eat too much at breakfast. i will try to cut back on that and see if i can more easily squeeze in a moderate dinner without that "OMG, i have to eat now before it's too late", stress.

shoot for that 18/6, but more importantly, draw the line at 14/10. if you hit that a day or two now and then, you'll still maintain that long term effect. that 12/12 day of mine was an anomaly.

Last edited:
shoot for that 18/6, but more importantly, draw the line at 14/10. if you hit that a day or two now and then, you'll still maintain that long term effect. that 12/12 day of mine was an anomaly.

Thank you for your advice. Seems like I couldn't maintain 18:6 for many days. After just a few days, I was out of breath and energy. I wonder what I did wrong... I'm gonna change my routine and start eating heavily in the morning, see if I can be active for the rest of the day without eating. Here is my record, where I normally started fasting in the evenings:

IFrecordMay2019.jpg

My favorite vegetables of the month areeeee..... zucchini, broccoli and cauliflower
Through trial and error, I've learned to let them cook with their own water, the result is pretty tasty. First I'd saute some onions with one spoon of oil, then maybe add a few pieces of chicken and a spoon full of turmeric, finally add vegetables and at the end spices. Then leave them to slowly cook with their own water.

May 30th, been fasting since last night. eating out with friends tonight and I'm worried I'll go overboard with food... the same thing happened last week and despite promising myself not to have much, I ended up regretting going out for three days after it. I really wish I could figure out what causes me to forget the consequences. If only we could learn from our own painful experiences...

Are you going somewhere that publishes their menu ? plan what you are going to eat in advance can help keep you in track with choosing wisely.

That's so annoying when you do something hard, succeed, let your guard down in relief, and trip up right after! But you did manage the first part and you can still be proud of that.

But you did manage the first part and you can still be proud of that.
thank you LaMa. I'll try to be proud of the good part.

I also learned a lesson, to always choose the smallest dessert, cause sometimes you just can't avoid having it.

It sounds like you're putting a lot of pressure on yourself to make perfect decisions and then being really hard on yourself if you feel that you've "failed." I think having a plan in place prior to going out (if they have menus online) can really help. Don't think of yourself as "bad" if you have some dessert, or whatever it is that you are wanting. Just try to think ahead of time of what you might want, and order accordingly, like what you said above about having a small dessert instead of a large one. Another option could that if you know there are large portions, try to split a meal with a friend or have half of it boxed to take home for the next day.

December 7th:

banana 1 small
hemp seeds 3 tablespoons
mixed nuts 3 tablespoons
milk 1 glass
eggs 2 boiled
cheese 1 tablespoon

Hi, Bella :)

Hiiii Cate. How are you?

I've moved to Europe for studies now. The region I live makes it hard to get the minimum daily calory : ))) so now I have to be careful to get enough nutrition and calories. funny how life changes : ))))

Back