Cohen's Lifestyle Anyone from Singapore?

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle
Hi Doesitwork,

I'm in Malaysia and I have just completed the program. In total, I lost about 8kgs in around 2.5 months. Just like you, I couldn't lose the post-pregnancy fat and had been carrying it around for about 3 years!

The program is tailored to your body and your needs, and the amount of time you need to get back to your optimum weight depends on this. My program was contracted for 4 months, and this was just right for me.

Having been off the program for about 5 days now, I initially felt a bit 'lost' as there was no 'program' to follow. But slowly I have adjusted, and I generally eat within the guidelines of the program, partly because I am so used it but mostly because it is so healthy you don't want to go back to what you were eating before :)

As for entertaining, I also faced those hurdles. All I can say is, whenever you are entertaining clients or whomever, do try to stick as much as possible to the program, ie have your protein with veg and avoid carbs.

Whatever you decide, i.e. to start now or later after your 2nd baby is born, we on the forum wish you all the best..

Sarah

Hi Doesitwork

The food on the program is fairly plain, but you should have no problem making it work for you in Singapore. You can use many different vegetables, and things like stir-fry with Kai Lan and other Asian veg are fine. They will not allow any veg high in carbohydrate, so forget anything like potato.

You can use spices in moderation, but they will tell you to stick to pure spices or things you can mix yourself, or avoid anything made of fruit. They will prefer you to made your own garlic and ginger pastes rather than use pre-prepared too. You can use chilli etc, so it's possible to make something that appeals to Asian tastes. It may not be as exotic as you might be used to, but it will definitely keep you healthy and on the right track. Simple stir-fries are a good choice. You will be able to eat some seafood, so prawns etc quite OK.

Singapore Cohen office is in Goldhill plaza but the lab that we do blood test is Quest laboratory.

Quest has two locations but I go to Paragon due to convenient. You do an initial blood test, then a 4 weekly and then a 12 weekly (if I am not wrong).

As for weigh-in, you need to do it monthly. I don't go to the office for my weigh-in after starting cohen. I just email the office my weigh-in. Of course, they will ask to see you in person for one of the weigh-in just to check your progress.

I think for Asian cooking, you need to overcome not using sauces (soya sauce, oyster sauce etc) and try to use more herbs. It takes a bit of experimenting but you will get used to it.

I usually eat stir-fry because I like to eat warm food. Eating too much cold stuff like salad/yoghurt make me kind of depressed.

The most important equipments you need for cooking are non-stick pan/wok and a digital kitchen scale.

I met a guy in another forum and he TRAVELS a lot (a couple of weeks every month!). During his trips, he has a lot of entertainment dinners with clients. He still manages to lost 30+kg doing cohen! It is how you plan your food, do research and how strong your determination! Nothing is impossible if you set your mind to it. Just remember that it is only a few months!!!!

If your doctor tells you that you are dying and in order to survive you cannot eat outside food, will you try to make sure you change your lifestyle according to his instruction?

Last edited:
Hi,

i juz came back frm bangkok, only to found out dat i gained 3kg frm the trip, haiz.. guess i hv to work doubly hard nw.. jia you! ;p

The programme currently is so structured that I DON'T HAVE to think of what to cook and eat. Moreover, I simply cook my Asian food and so looking forward to dinner every day when I can have my spicy prawns and vege yummy!!!!

So, at the end of the day, you are what matter to the programme not the other way round ;)

Can I know the cost ?

All your post has been so encouraging and inspiring... I've always been overweight and doesn't help to stay in Singapore with such fantastic food avail everywhere...

I'm tempted to head to Cohens.. but at what cost financially ? Anyone can give a hint.. estimeation?

Jj_an- The cost varies, depending on where you are & whether or not you have consultants so I'll leave it to someone from Singapore to answer you. Not many about at the moment though. In Aus last I heard it was $750 but that's with consultants. Cheers, Cate

S$1400 for new customer and that is inclusive of all the blood works. You can pay it by instalments if you are using UOB cards.

hii

hey there..am in singapore too..just restarting again..really wanna meet some ppl at cohen's for motivation and support..keen?

Hi smiley1981 & welcome to the forum. Why not start a diary thread of your own & use it to jot down your feelings and a little of your story. It will be good for you as even the writing down or typing of your feelings or queries can help you to find your own answers and help you in the future. It's very therapeutic. Welcome back to Cohen's. Eating healthy should be for life :D Cheers, Cate

Hi,

I'm on week 2 on my diet and so far, so good. My husband and I are going to Singapore next month and I'm a bit worried about sticking to the diet. Can anyone suggest "Cohen-friendly" restaurants in Singapore?

I read somewhere that there are only 3 such restaurants but the post was made around 2008. I'm hoping that there are more choices now.

Thanks!

hey alll..lets alll meet up....maybe every 2 weeks and have a support system going....if you keen plz text me ur email address..i will start a meet up group..

Back