Cohen's Lifestyle Anyone from Singapore?

Prefix for Cohen's Lifestyle
Hello!

Hi there Flamie

Welcome to the Forum! Pardon me for not coming on sooner to say hello. i notice from your ticker you are losing some weight already. How is it going for you so far, getting used to the program already?

i am officially off the program since last week. it took me about 8 weeks to reach my goal weight and another 18 days to finish my re-feeding. i am feeling wonderful, especially seeing the weight comes off the scale and the inches shed as well. Also, my health could not be better as well. Amazingly, my flesh did not turn flabby and my skin did not go wrinkly after the weight loss!

Guess what, i am still eating the way i am on the program even though i don't need to anymore. Not that i am afriad i will put back the weight but rather i see the value in the food assigned to me now. Now only me, people around noticed the change as well and even GP who saw me before and after the program said my body had change for the better as well even thought i did not mentioned about this program.

Let me know if there is any questions i can help you with throughout the program ya!

Take care!

Hey thanks gonnaloseit! Eternally grateful to have someone who can guide me along. I'm officially into my 4th week as of today. So far, I've lost about 8.7kg but at the looks of it, I've got a LONGGGGGG way more to go to hit my ideal weight.

Guess my biggest problem currently is eating out. As you know, there are so many nice food in Singapore. I'm trying not to deviate one bit hence has missed out a bit on my social life. I just can't bear to eat my Cohen food while my friends chomp away on those delicious food.

How did you lose so much in 2 months? Wonderful isn't it? I'm so afraid that 2nd month would be lower than 8kg for me which means my journey would be even way longer.

Hi again Flamie

you are on the right track, don't worry. I only manage to lose 6kg in the first month, was not even in the average weight lost range of 7-10kg so in fact you are doing very well. i have to agree it is hard when it comes to meeting friends but i believe it is possible. You can always meet up before or after meals so you don't see your friends eating away and you can't. I did it over Christmas and Chinese New Year, it was really a bad timing i picked. But tell yourself it is worth every agonising moment of not able to eat now.

In fact, i no longer have the desire to eat outside food now after beening on this diet for so long. It seem that the body and mind no longer craves for these food which were previously forbidden to me. But yesterday i did have a cheesecake with my friend and even though it was really good, one piece was more than enough which i know previously i would never have think or feel like this at all.

Instead of looking at the scale constantly, the weekly measurement is also very important. I felt that to see the inches fall away encourages me a lot even when the weighing machine does not move. Don't worry, time will go pass very quickly and by the time you realise it, you would already have reach your target weight. :)

:waving:
I am from Singapore. I joined Cohen 3 yrs back but I deviated from it after losing 16kg. I did not even go into the maintenance program. I just went cold turkey and went back to my old unhealthy eating habits.

I went back to the office today to get on the wagon again. I will be doing my blood test tomorrow. This time, I must lose the excess weight for my health reason. My weight is giving my spine a lot of problems.

Good luck with doing it again - you'll be back into it before too long. I also did it 3 years ago, then put the weight back on because I didn't complete refeed. We moved at that time, and it was all too hard getting a house ready to sell, big stresses shifting and finding somewhere new to start again.

I've been doing it again under my own steam since January and lost 20kg. I've made some compromises this time because of busy lifestyle, but if you don't have to, just stick 100% to the program and you'll soon see the results happening again.

In some ways it's not such a stress doing it second time around. First time I was very anxious to see results and completely stressed if I "plateaued". This time around I know how it all happens, know it works and just relax and get on with it. Just not quite so fast for me this time as first time because I'm not absolutely 100%. But I'm 20kg down, so that's good! I was collecting health problems as well, so a big incentive to get on top of it!

Last edited:
Good for you deciding to go back on the program & seeing it through. I would not consider doing any other program as I know this works. As Niyah says you will probably find it easier this time around as you will know how it works & mainly that it does work. Look forward to reading all about your progress, cheers, cate

I went to Paragon for the blood test today. They need us to do temperature check due to H1N1 before you can enter the clinic.

It has been a long time since I drew any blood and I am VERY VERY scared of needle. I can tolerate any pain, just not needle poking pain. The staff who did it on me is REALLY gentle. I forgot to get her name. I must remember to do that for my future blood test.

I must also remember to get a couple of non-stick pans for cooking. Also must remember to dig out my "thermal lunch box".

I told myself I must really stick to the diet. The diet works for sure but I must tell myself to stick to it and not deviate. This time round is not for shallow reason like beauty. It is for my overall health. My back and spine will not be able to withstand my obesity for much longer. If I do not do something about the wt problem, I will need to go through surgery for my dislocated disc(s).

One of the best investments I made this time around was buying TWO good frypans - small, heavy duty and very non-stick. I keep one at home and one at school (for work) so wherever I am I can quickly cook up something. Everything browns beautifully in them without sticking - food is SO yummy! And so easy to clean afterwards. They are just the right size to make the perfect Cohen meal.

My main problem with the blood tests is that I very often get "I can't find the vein", and several painful misses through the vein and into muscle. Ouch!!!!! I went through agonies last time I was on the diet, and I must admit it did form at least a part of my decision to do it under my own steam this time! However, congratulations all you brave people who ARE doing it the right way!!!

Hi Fornight- You don't have to have too many bloodtests & if they ever hurt that person is not very good at her job & you should be able to ask for the woman who did your first. Good for you signing up to Cohen's & commiting to the program. Your body will thank you & you will be giving it the best chance of recovery. I suffer so many less aches & pains than 2 years ago & am enjoying getting fitter & stronger by the day now that I can get around so much easier. When I think about it no wonder I used to struggle with arthritis carrying around an extra 36kgs. You will look & feel like a different person. I look forward to following your progress CG (they're my first 2 initials) cheers, Cate

Hi, i m new to cohen.. I juz went for an appointment wif cohen's consultant.. paid liao.. nw arranging a date to go for blood test.. hope it works for me.. :p

newtocohen- Hi & a big welcome to the forum. Cohen's will work for you if you follow it 100%. The first week might be hard but it gets easier as you go. I look forward to following your steady progress to a new, slim you, cheers, Cate

Welcome all Singapore Cohenite

Hello all Singapore Cohenites,

It is really heartening to see Singapore Cohenites around. I hardly see any Singaporean around.

Anyway, all the BEST to you folks on the journey and yea, stick to it 100% and you will have no regrets.

newtocohen-Well done!! That is great news. Look forward to following your progress. Cheers, cate.

Hi Hi,

I am from Singapore and was recommended to check out the Cohen's Diet recently. Have not done that because i am abit skeptical. And was also trying to see feedback from Singaporeans and not people from overseas who have tried this.

But, the results based on what i see on this thread has been very encouraging. I do have a few questions which i hope somebody can help.

1) Does this means that one will perpetually be on a diet or eating the recommended recipes for the rest of our lives?

2) I had my child 1 year ago and am thinking of having another one soon. But, the problem is that i am like 7 to 8 kg away from my original weight during my last pregnancy. I want to try to lose some weight first before having my 2nd kid.

You may ask why bother right? But, after gaining all that weight in my last pregnancy, i am afraid of the weight that i would gain in my next pregnancy.

3) I dont think that i will be able to follow this diet during the pregnancy right? Does it mean that all the weight will just come back very quickly and there is no point in even starting it? Then the total weight that i will gain will be even more than my last pregnancy???

Sighhh.....have been trying to lose the weight by myself but with no success. So, thought i can do with some help! :p

Anyone has some advise? Thanks.

Hi to you too!
Firstly I don't think it matters at all where you live. We are all the same. I'm glad you are giving thought to Cohen's & that you have been encouraged by checking out the forum.
I don't think it is at all silly to contemplate losing weight before getting pregnant. I think it's giving you & your baby the best chance of good health.

You could not be on Cohen's if you do become pregnant though. I would either choose to do it now & wait to have a baby or have the baby first & then do Cohen's.

It's important to feel in control of your own destiny. There are many of us who will tell you that Cohen's will work because we know that it does. Ultimately it's your choice. We will be here to lend our support you & try to answer your questions.
Losing weight & becoming healthy is about more than just what you eat & is very much a learning experience. Cohen's requires disipline & determination but does work. By following Cohen's 100% right through to goal weight & then by following the maintenance guidelines you won't ever have to be on what I would call a diet ever again.
If you finished it & then went back to eating as you did before then, sure you will probably put your weight back on again.
It's all about choice & being responsible for what we do.

I choose to be healthy so don't eat rubbish. That's not to say that I don't eat the things I love because I do. I love food but I choose to eat good, healthy food & never want to be fat & unhealthy again.
All the best with whatever you choose to do. I hope it's Cohen's & I hope that we get to read all about your success. Cheers, Cate.

Hi, I am from singapore and this is my 2nd time on Cohen. I am now on my way to 8th week.

1) Does this means that one will perpetually be on a diet or eating the recommended recipes for the rest of our lives?

If you go back to your bad eating habits, you will gain back your weight. that was what happen to me back in 2006. Have you ever heard any doctor telling a patient who just has a heart operation to eat whatever fatty food the patient used to like?

2) I had my child 1 year ago and am thinking of having another one soon. But, the problem is that i am like 7 to 8 kg away from my original weight during my last pregnancy. I want to try to lose some weight first before having my 2nd kid.

You may ask why bother right? But, after gaining all that weight in my last pregnancy, i am afraid of the weight that i would gain in my next pregnancy.

The progam ends with a refeed program which help to stabilize and prep your body for outside food. If you have only 7 to 8kg to lose, I think you should jsut hav your baby first and then go on cohen. The program has an expiry date so if you don't finish it within a certain date, it lapse.

3) I dont think that i will be able to follow this diet during the pregnancy right? Does it mean that all the weight will just come back very quickly and there is no point in even starting it? Then the total weight that i will gain will be even more than my last pregnancy???

You cannot be on cohen if you are pregnant. Please refer to my reply to your (2). If you don't finish refeed, you did not complete the whole program.

Hi Cate, HI fornight,

Thank you very much for your post and for your encouragement. Yes, i guess it doesnt matter where we are but i was wondering whether the recipes here are more tailor made for Asian taste. :)

It seems from what fornight is saying is that if we dont complete the program, including the re-feed, we will probably put the weight back on again. How long does the program last and how long is the re-feed? Is the program of a standard length for all or it depends on how much you have to lose?

BTW, does anybody know where the Singapore clinique is? I thought i saw from the website that it is at Goldhill Plaza, but i thought i read from one of the posts that someone went for the bloodtest at Paragon?

How many times do you have to go back to the clinique during the program?

I have quite a few business entertainments in my job and i am wondering how that will affect my progress.

Thanks again, both! :)

Back