Alligatorob's Diary

Home from the gym, about 2 1/2 hours today, a little less than a normal Friday, the yoga instructor is sick. Ended up putting in almost 16 hours this week, about average. I count the time from starting the first warmup to the last stretch. I don't subtract out breaks or transition times between exercises. I don't do many breaks, none today except to go to the bathroom. Did 170 sit ups yesterday, 140 on the decline bench and 30 on the floor, a new high. Did 60 today and felt no soreness. Wish all my muscles worked as well as my abbs.

Done fine so far today and am trying for a no binge day. That is more important to me that calories or exercise, also the hardest to achieve...

Do you feel really good after your gym workouts, Rob? What does your wife think about it all? Is she happy with the new Rob?

You certainly have shown dedication and courage, look at the amazing progress you have made! Spending 31/2 hours in the gym is certainly dedicated. If I had to guess, I would also say it has become a bit of your social outlet? Like it is a place to go that is good for you. I also imagine you have made some friends as well. Many moons ago I worked at a gym, I actually taught some fitness classes. It had a nice vibe, and certainly keeping busy helps keep the pesky binges away!

It was a good day, ate well, exercised and I feel good tonight. Done with the gym for the week, I have stopped going on weekends, don't think I really need it and gives me a break.
Do you feel really good after your gym workouts, Rob?
I usually do, tired sometimes, but a good tired. Not usually exhausted.
What does your wife think about it all? Is she happy with the new Rob?
Most of the time she is, and she is usually supportive. Buys too many cookies though, LOL.
You certainly have shown dedication and courage, look at the amazing progress you have made! Spending 31/2 hours in the gym is certainly dedicated. If I had to guess, I would also say it has become a bit of your social outlet? Like it is a place to go that is good for you. I also imagine you have made some friends as well. Many moons ago I worked at a gym, I actually taught some fitness classes. It had a nice vibe, and certainly keeping busy helps keep the pesky binges away!
Thanks Jen, your complements are always welcome! Yes, the gym is a kind of social outlet for me. The majority of the people I see are younger women, mostly Mormon mothers. The part of Utah I live in is 95% Mormon, but not me. I have little in common with them, other than the gym, and would probably not have made their acquaintance any other way.

Have not made close friends of any, and other than one who lives close to us and sometimes walks with my wife have not met any outside of the gym. Except seeing them in town, its a small town.

It does feel good to go somewhere and see a bunch of lovely young women who know my name and seem happy to see me. Don't know where else I could find that! Other than here that is, LOL.
Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal _ MyFitnessPal.jpg

"It does feel good to go somewhere and see a bunch of lovely young women who know my name and seem happy to see me. Don't know where else I could find that! Other than here that is, LOL."
That did make me laugh! I bet they really do enjoy your company :)

You do have a great sense of humor Rob! I find the gym can be a bit like that show Cheers if it is a nice place. Always comforting to go sone place where everyone knows your name for a bit, but then you leave that behind and back to the other part of life 😊

Hey Rob! I just noticed the bone broth protein scoop in your breakfast. Have you noticed any benefit to that? I have thought of adding some kind of protein powder to my breakfast as well. Both because protein keeps you fuller, but I think also helps build a bit of muscle. Are those the reasons you are adding it?

Had people over last night and so I am just getting around to posting this morning. Yesterday was a good day, no gym but I did get some yard work done. Not so much as I should have, its funny some days when I don't go to the gym I feel more tired than when I do, yesterday was one of them. Built a fire for the kids to make s'mores last night, I managed to just eat one marshmallow, not too bad.

Yesterday was Canada day and Tuesday our 4th of July, Independence Day. Today is the little known bicentennial of the end of Portuguese rule in Brazil, however it seems to only get limited recognition... Don't know why they don't call it independence day.
How was the more substantial breakfast? It reads so much nicer than just cereal!
I think it "stuck to my ribs" as my father used to say, better than the cereal anyway. Did it again yesterday, may trade off with the cereal for a while.
"It does feel good to go somewhere and see a bunch of lovely young women who know my name and seem happy to see me. Don't know where else I could find that! Other than here that is, LOL."
That did make me laugh! I bet they really do enjoy your company :)
Probably not so much as I enjoy theirs, and yours.
I find the gym can be a bit like that show Cheers if it is a nice place. Always comforting to go sone place where everyone knows your name for a bit, but then you leave that behind and back to the other part of life 😊
I like your analogy! Never thought about it that way, but you are right, now the jingle is in my head... I once visited the Cheers Bar in Boston, the outside is very recognizable its where the opening scene was filmed. However going inside was a disappointment, nothing like the TV set.
Hey Rob! I just noticed the bone broth protein scoop in your breakfast. Have you noticed any benefit to that? I have thought of adding some kind of protein powder to my breakfast as well. Both because protein keeps you fuller, but I think also helps build a bit of muscle. Are those the reasons you are adding it?
Pretty much, I started to add more protein at fewer calories, but as you say it does help keep me feel fuller. Now I add half a scoop to my morning cups of coffee. You should try it, tastes better than it sounds.

I think it "stuck to my ribs" as my father used to say, better than the cereal anyway. Did it again yesterday, may trade off with the cereal for a while.
Well the bacon and eggs are not doing the trick this morning. Cravings are back... Need to find something to do to take my mind off of it...

Shame about the cravings, but then again I don't think you really expected them to be gone forever. You can do it today though, and today is all that counts.

Sorry to hear the bacon and eggs are not a cure-all! I could make some money off that scheme. Write a book around the whole concept and make a quick buck! :D

It does feel good to go somewhere and see a bunch of lovely young women who know my name and seem happy to see me. Don't know where else I could find that! Other than here that is, LOL.
Haha, you're such a charmer, Rob! :D

You know after I wrote about Cheers in your diary, I was humming that song for a good 2 hours, lol! I did always think Cheers had such a feel good vibe. It is pretty cool you got to see it, even if the inside was different.
I am going to try some protein powder, thanks for the advice Rob!

I hope you found something to do to take your mind off of the cravings!

The breakfast that fills me up the most is oatmeal (and/or untoasted muesli with nuts & fruit) mixed up with protein powder, hemp seeds & unsweetened almond milk, heated in the microwave for 2 minutes & topped with berries, a dollop of greek yoghurt & mixed nuts & seeds. That gets me around the golf course.
Hope you get through the day unscathed, Rob :)

The day ended fine, no binge, got through that morning craving... However I didn't eat the best of foods, got lazy and ate too many peanut butter sandwiches.
Shame about the cravings, but then again I don't think you really expected them to be gone forever. You can do it today though, and today is all that counts.
Thanks Llama, I appreciate the reminder. And no I doubt my cravings will ever go away, best I can hope for is to manage them.
Sorry to hear the bacon and eggs are not a cure-all! I could make some money off that scheme. Write a book around the whole concept and make a quick buck! :D
No, but they do help. I can get cravings no matter how full or hungry I am, but being hungry can make them worse. I appreciate your suggestion!
You know after I wrote about Cheers in your diary, I was humming that song for a good 2 hours, lol! I did always think Cheers had such a feel good vibe. It is pretty cool you got to see it, even if the inside was different.
I am going to try some protein powder, thanks for the advice Rob!

I hope you found something to do to take your mind off of the cravings!
Hey Jen, I did manage to get my mind off of the cravings, first by posting here and then I went out and did a ride on my ATV. By the time I got back it was over. I agree, Cheers, particularly the song is a real feel good thing. Hope the protein powder works for you.
The breakfast that fills me up the most is oatmeal (and/or untoasted muesli with nuts & fruit) mixed up with protein powder, hemp seeds & unsweetened almond milk, heated in the microwave for 2 minutes & topped with berries, a dollop of greek yoghurt & mixed nuts & seeds. That gets me around the golf course.
That does sound good, I will have to try it, but it sounds like more work than I usually have the motivation to put into breakfast...
Hope you get through the day unscathed, Rob :)
Thanks, and I pretty much did.

I thought about you yesterday Rob, when I really began craving some peanut butter filled pretzels. I just kept thinking "I will not eat them!" And envisioning the number on the scale. I was hoping that you were finding a way to beat back those cravings too and it seems that you did. Well done!!! :hurray:

Well I binged last night... maybe blame it on the tequila, a friend brough over some really "good" stuff. Then the binge. Did my best to recreate it... Didn't want to post this, but I know its for the best...
Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal _ MyFitnessPal_Page_1.jpg

:grouphug: Always best to face it. Better day tomorrow.

Back