Alligatorob's Diary

Glad you had a good Mardi Gras and giving up cookies for lent sounds like a great idea. I'm glad the shots help for pain in your knees and you can go enjoy your fishing trip! I listened to your advice and went jogging with my family in public and everything! It felt good to jog again and I wasn't as out of shape as I thought. Thanks!

Congrats on getting back into the 170s, Rob! 👏

Just got home from 2 hours and 25 minutes at the gym, it felt good. My knee still hurts a little, but getting better. I did avoid knee intensive exercises.

Tomorrow night I take a redeye flight to Orlando to begin a fishing trip. Going with some friends to Key West and then onto a boat for 4 days fishing near the Dry Tortugas ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_Tortugas_National_Park ). If the weather is good we will try fishing Pulley Ridge ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulley_Ridge ). After that we go to Everglades City and will be fishing in or near the Thousand Island area ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Thousand_Islands ) the salt/brackish water end of the Everglades.

It will be nice to get away from the cold and do some fishing. Actually I enjoy being in places like these and seeing things as much or more than the fishing, both are places I have not seen.

Problem will be staying on track and posting, will do my best. I have been told that there is no cell service anywhere near the Dry Tortugas, so I will be completely out of range for at least those 4 days, not sure about the others.
went jogging with my family in public and everything! It felt good to jog again and I wasn't as out of shape as I thought
Good for you! With the distraction of moving it must be harder to stay on track.
Congrats on getting back into the 170s, Rob!
Thanks Cate, it feels good. However I am not sure I will stay there whilst on the fishing trip. But it will be a good way to start, we'll see.
You can have all my peanut butter sandwiches for lent!
Ok! But don't you take my cookies, better leave those to others. Grandkids and the dog like them.

Last edited:
I'm not even a big fan of cookies. Doesn't mean I won't eat them when they're in front of me but I have no desire to spend money on them. So let's just leave those in the store. Have fun on your trip!

It was a good day, a few more calories but not many, and got some exercise. Managed to get past a binge urge...

And I broke my no lintels for lint thing, but that wasn't serious. Cookies were, none of those!
Doesn't mean I won't eat them when they're in front of me
LOL, I feel that way about a lot of things. A few weeks ago I even tried eating some dirt, Georgia White Clay ( https://www.whitedirt.com/ ) to be specific. People have been eating it in the southern US for a long time, the Indians before Europeans arrived. Very low calorie and I did eat some, but don't think it will become a part of my regular diet. Couldn't find it on MyFitnessPal.
Have a good trip, Rob. It looks like alot of fun!
Thanks Vic, I think it will be. Not so tropical as your St Croix, but similar.
That trip looks wonderful, Rob. Enjoy. Hope you catch lots of fish
Thanks Cate, I am looking forward to it. Been very lucky on fishing trips of late, hope that luck holds, but realistically it may not. Will try to get pictures.
Printable Nutrition Report for Alligatorob.jpg

The problem is tgat nobody can fault you for those extra calories because your intake is low even with them... White clay sounds like something most animals would eat for medicinal reasons or to make other, technically toxic foods digestible.

White clay sounds like something most animals would eat for medicinal reasons or to make other, technically toxic foods digestible.
I only tried it after watching a documentary that supported the benefits. I had long heard of people eating the Georgia dirt but never tried it. The clay is kaolinite, and is used in some medicines, including Kaopectate which takes its name from the clay. So more of us have probably consumed dirt than realize it. It had little taste and not much noticeable texture. Though it is zero calorie I don't plan to include it in my diet going forward. Guess I am not into a dirt cuisine.

Just spent 3 hours in the gym, not the most energetic workout, but I did it. First Tabata, then exercises on my own, and then yoga. It felt good.

The yoga instructor took some time to show me how to better use the strap. I need it to pull on my feet because of my knees. It helped.

The yoga instructor is my trainer's daughter, and the fit 80 year old I talk about is trainer's mother. The gym is a kind of 3 generation family thing. They don't own it, or officially run it, but they do seem to be in control of most things... Actually the yoga teacher had picked peaches from our orchard. I tell my trainer when there are available peaches for the picking and she brought her along. Did not know that at the time, they came and went unnoticed.
I'm pretty sure I ate my peck of dirt as a kid so I'll pass for now
LOL, growing up on a farm I am sure you did! Probably we all have eaten and eat more dirt than we realize. Anyone who eats fresh veggies, particularly root things can't avoid a little.

Your gym sounds like a lot of fun. And one of my favorite snacks as a kid were young carrots, freshly picked and just wiped on my shorts to remove the majority of the dirt. Ain't nobody got time to walk inside to wash veggies while playing outside.

It has been a good day, heading to the airport soon. Got good exercise and eaten well so far, but I may have a snack at the airport.
Your gym sounds like a lot of fun.
It is, a nice group of people.

Not sure this is the end of it for the day.

Attachments

• Printable Nutrition Report for Alligatorob.jpg
    Printable Nutrition Report for Alligatorob.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 1
Yesterday was a decent day, except for the fig newtons at the end food was ok, and not too many of the cookies. Breakfast was at a friend's house and his wife had cooked a "healthy" quiche just for me... The only thing healthy about it was that she had put some oatmeal in, but I managed to only eat a relatively small piece, it did taste good. Kumquats are ripe here, I managed to get a few and ate them as I was picking, they were good. A good memory, I used to eat a lot of kumquats as a kid, we had a tree in the yard. Not sure they are sold commercially.

Went shopping for food for the boat and that looks like it will be a challenge. One guy seems to have taken on the charge of being our chef and nutritionist for the trip. He had a list and picked out most of the food, lots of meat, butter, and oil, nothing green. I did manage to sneak a few bags of apples in. I will not have much control over what gets cooked, but will do my best.
Bon Voyage!
Thanks, and voyage is bon so far!
I hope it isn't.
LOL, no the day lasted until midnight. And I had no more to eat.

Not sure I will be able to post food again for a few days, will just do my best.
Printable Nutrition Report for Alligatorob_Page_1.jpgPrintable Nutrition Report for Alligatorob_Page_2.jpg

Glad things are bon with you! I don't know if you will have access to another grocery store on the trip, but I try to bring my own personal bag of healthy snacks when visiting people because of things like your "healthy quiche" incident. Otherwise, I tend to gain obscene amounts eating what people feed me on vacation. I hope you catch a lot of fish and that could be a nice part of your healthy diet!

Back in internet range. Had fun, but did not catch as many fish as usual. We did catch some though. Food was just ok, ate what other's cooked on the boat, not the best but not terrible. Over ate a few times, but not really binges. Flying home tonight and hopefully will be back to a sort of normal soon.
I try to bring my own personal bag of healthy snacks when visiting people because of things like your "healthy quiche" incident.
I tried some of that, with a little partial success. On the boat we did not of course have acess to any stores, but did catch some of our food.

ffish.jpg

Back