Alligatorob's Diary

I think soluable fiber has 2 kcal/g or something (depending on your gut microbiome) but the other kind has none because it doesn't get digested. Assuming two grams or something of each per capsule they'd stay below the magical 5 kcal line so they could round down and say 0 kcal.

All the best for Mrs. Gator's surgery and recovery!

Hi Rob, I hope the surgery goes great. It's really good how you are getting back to normal diet after a binge. I am starting to be ok with a day here and there that isn't ideal, and just adjust accordingly. I think flexibility is good. I hope your day passes quickly in the hospital and that your wife will recover quickly!

Surgery should be done by now I think. Hope it went well. I see your legs have gone out in sympathy with mine. I'd get it checked out, Rob by your doc.

Not my best diet day, but I did not binge and calories were ok. No exercise, spent the day helping the wife, that's my excuse anyway.

Wife's surgery went as well as could be expected. Took a long time, after she got set up they delayed it about 2 hours, not sure why. Then it took almost an hour and a half, longer than expected, and finally she was in post-op recovery for almost another 2 hours. But in the end all seems ok. It will be a few days before she can get around well. Biggest problem tonight is the nerve block thing they gave her left the right arm completely without any motor ability. Have to keep it in a foam block for about 24 hours. Guess it helps with pain...
All the best for Mrs. Gator's surgery and recovery!
Thanks, I will pass that on. Recovery prospects look good right now.
It's really good how you are getting back to normal diet after a binge. I am starting to be ok with a day here and there that isn't ideal, and just adjust accordingly.
I try, its not easy, I'd rather figure out how to just not binge. However as you say I think we all have to live with non-ideal days.
Hope it went well. I see your legs have gone out in sympathy with mine.
LOL, now I can see I must have caught it from you!
Printable Nutrition Report for Allig1027.jpg

Mixed here, today was a good day, but yesterday was a binge day... Halloween candy... However I am keeping the exercising up, a good day yesterday and today at the gym. I tried a yoga class for the first time today, LaMa had suggested in another thread that maybe I need to be doing more leg stretches, and the yoga seems like that. Not as much of a workout as other things, but not bad. They offer a couple of days a week of yoga lessons at the gym, no extra charge so I will probably try it again.

Will try not to binge tomorrow!

Wife is recovering, slowly but fine. Now I will be having surgery on my hand, same doctor. My surgery is to try and fix my hand arthritis, it has gotten pretty bad. I am getting Ligament Reconstruction and Tendon Interposition (LRTI) surgery https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5826558/ . Its scheduled next Friday. I have had it scheduled for a while, thought about delaying when my wife had her accident but it looks like she is getting better so I will go ahead.
Bloody computer viruses.
Delay was probably because another surgery took longer than expected.
Yeah on the computer virus thing. I think most of the delay was due to the surgeon being busy with something else, probably as you say. Anyway it got done.
Will you be doing the cooking for a while?
Some, but she still manages to cook, but not to do the dishes so that's my job. Also learning more about washing and folding clothes and cleaning... It will be ok.
1 (172).png2 (115).png

Wife is recovering, slowly but fine.
If she's already noticing improvements she's recovering quickly!
Not as much of a workout as other things, but not bad. They offer a couple of days a week of yoga lessons at the gym, no extra charge so I will probably try it again.
Yoga can be great as long as you don't pressure yourself to be better than you are right now.
Also learning more about washing and folding clothes and cleaning... It will be ok.
:rotflmao: Life skills! Never too late to learn, my friend.

Hey Rob, I hope your surgery went well and that your wife is in good health too. Wishing you a happy holiday season! xo

I'm back and think I need to give this place another try. I have been practicing what I call intermittent bingeing (IB), not a great idea...

I binged yesterday and weighted 184 this morning. I have been bouncing around the 180 mark for a few months, the highest I saw was 188. No binge today, so that's progress.

I have kept up my exercise pretty well, maybe even doing more of it. I get to the gym 5 or 6 days a week and do 2 to 3 hours of exercise. That has probably been my saving grace. I am not delighted with my weight, but I do feel good and am amazed that I have not gained more. I have kept over 100 pounds off for almost 2 years now, something I have never been able to do before, not even close.

So I am back and will try to catch up with old friends and use this place to help me do better. I know y'all have always been great support, looking forward to continuing it. Trying to keep my diary up again, not sure either the calories eaten or burned are right, but recording is always better than not.

Printable Nutrition Report for Alligatorob.jpg

Oh, Rob. I am so glad you're back! I have to admit to writing out a postcard from all of us, but it is still sitting in the side pocket of my handbag :blush5: I won't send it now as it's obsolete. It was of a Tassie devil & letting you know that we all missed you!

Wow, you're back!!!! So happy! Hey, we are moving to the Charleston area in about a month and a half, so we'll practically be neighbors. Well, I gained back a lot being away from the forum for quiet a while, too, so you have company there. I'm struggling to record my food intake again, and like your idea of just guesstimating the best I can. I'll do that, too. I think you did wonderfully keeping 100 pounds off!

And Cate, thank you for writing the post card from all of us, even if it isn't quite in the mail. It's still so nice that you did that for us!

How lovely to hear from you! So glad to you've been able to keep your weight at a decent level. I've been binging as well but I'm starting to do better.

Back