Aliens

Do you believe aliens know of our existance

• No, we are the only life.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • No, but they are out there

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • They have some sort of clue of us - incapable of distant space travel. (like us)

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Yes, but we weren't worth there time.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Yes, and they have visitied us or come in promixity.

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
The existence of aliens can't logically be argued with the argument of "the size of space". It is impossible (right now) to know exactly what is beyond our physical reach (solar system) and so what you are arguing is only a theory.

Let me give you an example; "I believe that god exists, because there is so much in the universe that it would be impossible for him/her not to exist. Anyone who thinks otherwise is well...ummm....dumb."
Now although something creating all life in the universe is as plausible as it is idiotic, it is impossible (as of now) for humans to prove it.

All of these theories may have originally been sparked by coincidence, by a joke or there may actually be something logical in it, i don't know, but when omebody springs the "size of space" i can't help but feel amazed by their idiocy.

Do i think aliens exist ? I personally don't care. If they do then I'm guessing i won't see them in my lifetime. But when people think of aliens they think "cool, a new life form" but they fail to consider the repercussions of that. They think we can learn from them, use their high technology for ourselves etc... But what if these so called aliens turn out to be dictators and over run our earth causing all humans to become slaves ? That wouldn't so nice would it, or what if WE are the most intelligent life form in the universe and aliens seek to learn from us, they would then be useless wouldn't they ?

I would rather live in ignorance until their existence can be logically proven with real proof. Not just some fruity person who believes he has seen them/been abducted by them or even impregnated. All we have to go by there is a story, i could make a story, heck even a 5 year old can make a story, i need evidence, and the evidence that i would believe is actually seeing them. :)

Of course it is only speculation.

Because life evolved on earth, it's quite clear the universe is capable of creating life given the conditions are right. Therefore, because there are trillions and trillions of planets, anyone who says arrogantly that there is no other life is quite pathetic and stupid.

The existence of aliens can't logically be argued with the argument of "the size of space".

i totally agree with you, but for a different reason altogether. usually when people talk about life on other planets, they mean "aliens" which would be intelligent life. those same people who use the size of the universe argument also like to believe in evolution for the progression of life on this planet.
a quick google search would reveal what actually has to happen first, in order for there to be life at all. for it to randomly "evolve" into sentient, intelligent life from that point, there is a huge multitude of things that have to happen. the odds of it happening at all, like it did here, are so astronomical it's amazing it actually happened once. you can't use probability to prove something if you ignore the principles involved.

I believe that extraterrestrial life exists and we may one day see it.

Back