365 Days Wedding Weight Loss

:rotflmao: I´m so glad I never got into online shopping... For a bad day yesterday sounded pretty good, by the way.
Thanks LaMaria! That does make me feel better.

I started the year with online shopping but stopped when I saw my bank balance dwindling. I really should start selling stuff instead!
I agree with LaMa. Your bad day wasn’t dreadful- just a blip.

Day 19/365

This day would have been OK if I had managed to avoid the (undisclosed amount of) chocolate. Probably ate around 2200 kcal. Bank account took another hit from the online shopping too.. surely I don't need any more clothes???? I bought some dresses that I am not going to feel comfortable trying on when they arrive.

On a more positive note, I did work out today. I haven't missed a work out since I began this at the end of June so that's actually not going so bad. Sorely need to get back to routine. Really hoping I won't be teaching entirely remotely in this new academic year. I need somewhere to wear all these new clothes I've been accumulating and to spend less time so close to my fridge.

No value in worrying about chocolate past, its today and tomorrow that matter. Not missing a workout however is great news! If those clothes are too small when they arrive I bet you will be able to fit into them soon.

Thank you, thats really kind. You are all so supportive on this forum - I feel like I could be eating a dominoes every night and still be getting a pat on the back lol

I you want to know how nice people remain when you screw up here read the last couple of weeks of my diary :p It´s easier to treat yourself well (including eating properly) when you like and/or respect yourself and that is easier when people aren´t tearing you down all the time. Nightly Dominoes would probably get you a bunch of well-meaning suggestions for how to do better. Including healthified pizza ideas :)

I feel like I could be eating a dominoes every night and still be getting a pat on the back
I think you would, just the fact that you are posting here is a sign of improvement and trying. Always praiseworthy!

That said - stay away from Dominoes!

Day 20. Supposedly a fast day.
Good in terms of a deficit but I would be scraping the barrel to call this a fast. I probably ate around 500kcal. I know this is OK on the 5:2 but my activity levels are sooooo low with working from home that I know 500 isn't as much as a deficit as it would be for the average active person.
Really have not been feeling on my A-game. Even since I started posting here I haven't really been as consistent as I know I can be. I feel like I need another starting point. I have one in mind. 17th August my job title and responsibilities will change. I have had no notice of what my day will look like and so I am hoping a change in routine and getting out of the house will help kick start better consistency. Or am I just making excuses to relax with eating for another while?
I'm visiting family for a night next Monday to Tuesday. Monday I will miss a work out and Tuesday I will miss a fast. Should I let this go or should I try to squeeze in another fast day on Sunday and an extra work out maybe when I get home on Tuesday night?
Really not feeling very engaged with losing weight at the moment but I know I will feel bad if my weight creeps back up at all.

Hey a 500 calorie day has to put you into deficit, no matter what your level of activity is. Has to.
Really not feeling very engaged with losing weight at the moment
Can you just maintain for a while? You don't need to lose quickly, holding fast for a time shouldn't hurt.

Hey a 500 calorie day has to put you into deficit, no matter what your level of activity is. Has to.

Can you just maintain for a while? You don't need to lose quickly, holding fast for a time shouldn't hurt.

I wouldn't mind maintaining but I think since I have plateaued on the 5:2 for the last couple of months, the 5:2 is actually what is helping me to maintain for now.

Stay
Away
From
Dominoes!
Did that appear tough? ;)
If you’re just not feeling it right now, maybe reduce your calories a bit on NFDs. Have a couple of CD’s (1200) instead maybe. You’ll get this back. Think of that wedding dress :beating:

Cate may be right. If 5:2 is making you crave/overeat on non-fast days it may be time for a (temporary) change.

Cate may be right. If 5:2 is making you crave/overeat on non-fast days it may be time for a (temporary) change.

I think she is,... I have been eating more on my fast days in the last week or 2. Yesterday was the most I've eaten on a fast day and today I'm not waking up thinking solely of food so I will try to eat in moderation this weekend, hopefully helped by the moderated fast rather than the water fast and see how I go from there.

Stay
Away
From
Dominoes!
Did that appear tough? ;)
If you’re just not feeling it right now, maybe reduce your calories a bit on NFDs. Have a couple of CD’s (1200) instead maybe. You’ll get this back. Think of that wedding dress :beating:

Haha, I can always say no to a dominoes,.... Chinese food though...

Feeling more positive today and hoping to make better food choices this weekend :)

Day 21

I was tested today with a trip to a pizzeria for lunch. Contrary to prior belief, you CAN actually go to a pizzeria and not order pizza. I know this because I ordered a buffalo mozzarella salad which was lovely.

My friend has just completed a course in eyelash extensions and so I had offered up my lashes as a test run for her so I visited her over dinner time. 3 hours later she's still doing my lashes and I've had no dinner. When she was finished I had some chips and dips and a couple of blood orange gins. Definitely not the best dinner but happy that I didn't pig out as I normally do post-fast day.

I had a few small snacks through the day including a yogurt, a tiny lemon canoli and a piece of tiramasu which was served in an espresso cup so too small to really have any notable calories I thought...

Did a short upper body work out in the morning and also walked to the pizzeria which was about 45 minutes from my house (taxi home due to rain unfortunately). It was both reassuring and concerning in equal measure to see just how busy the footpaths are. We are more or less back to normality here and for some reason face masks aren't common in Ireland yet? Or at least here in Belfast.

Interestingly, (or maybe not interesting, but noting it anyway) walked past my bridal consultant twice yesterday and he pretended not to see me. Maybe he really didn't see me? Anyway this is more interesting to me because the bridal store is around 40 miles from where I live or where I was walking so I just thought it was a coincidence to see him so close to home.

9.30am at the moment and M has already declared pasta pesto for lunch. A second test for me this weekend. Can I control my portion size?.....

Well done so far! How did you feel about the lashes once they were done? I've considered getting them but it seems like a lot of money for just eyelashes. The pasta&pesto thing might be easier to control if you mix in a big handful of (raw) baby spinach or blanched broccoli.
Your bridal consultant may just not have recognized you because they were far from the store and not thinking about work.

Well done so far! How did you feel about the lashes once they were done? I've considered getting them but it seems like a lot of money for just eyelashes. The pasta&pesto thing might be easier to control if you mix in a big handful of (raw) baby spinach or blanched broccoli.
Your bridal consultant may just not have recognized you because they were far from the store and not thinking about work.

Thanks LaMa, you are probably right about the consultant.
I love the lashes they look really natural, I don't tend to like lash extensions in general but since my friend is now doing them I will support her. I don't usually wear a lot of makeup and I think lashes can look out of place on a bare face.

Did a short upper body work out in the morning and also walked to the pizzeria which was about 45 minutes from my house

well done

Back