Weight-Loss 1st July to N.Y.E. 2018- lose at least 5 kg (11 lbs)

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I feel like that, too, Cate. I don't really care how much I lose, just that I do lose a little. And if I don't, really it's just feedback that I need to change tactics. So the challenge page for me is more about saying, "yay, all my ignoring fattening things is starting to work!" Really we can only fail if we give up, and I know none of us are going to do that!

You´re doing really well though! I´m down 3.4 kg/7.5lbs so far and we´ve got over three months to go so even though I basically dropped out for a good month I can still do this. Especially if I make my half-way goal of getting down to X-6 by October 18th.

LaMa, I didn't lose a single ounce for a whole month, either. Weird we had a whole group plateau together for about a month! Thanks for all the encouragement and advice - it helps a lot! And congratulations on the 7.5 pounds so far!! I think you did amazing recovering from the frustrating, hard month you had!!

Ok, recording new low weight of 193.4 (14.6 lbs lost on the challenge). I am feeling really good with all the biking I am getting in!

Down another kilo! YAY!
X-3kg, 2 to go to mini GW, 8 to go to GW.
I wish it was quicker, but I'll take a slow, but steady decline at any time :D

Down to 191.6. Lost a lot this week, which is good because I was very cranky about my new low carb diet. So though it takes a bit of creativity to make foods that I like on this diet, I am starting to get the hang of it, and it is working!

Thanks, Cate! It hasn't been that tough in some ways because fat does fill you up. Mainly I keep trying recipes with loads of cheese and butter and that feels awful to eat, like the way I eat when depressed. So I am sticking to coconut milk and small portions of nuts for my fat and I will be a lot happier. I think it's so funny that now I sit around and daydream about eating vegetables! Well, when I am off this diet, it shouldn't be hard to maintain the weight if I keep appreciating vegetables like I am now! I also am sacrificing some of my daily calories to eating some unhulled sesame seeds for the fiber. Very, very strange diet! But I am 2.6 pounds away from the half way mark in my weight loss, so maybe once I get close, I'll just make up my own diet of non-fattening things I like to eat!

Hi Cate and All. I'm in too!
I used to be 105kg. Am now 87kg. Aiming to reach my target of 78kg by end of 2018!
Let's all reach our goal! Yeah! :willy_nilly::willy_nilly::willy_nilly:
Will update also once a week!

Thanks Marsia! I'm doing interment fasting... missing breakfast. Also doing 100g carbs and 4 litre of water daily. :willy_nilly:
I lost about 25 pounds (11kg) just watching calories and starting to exercise more regularly, and then switched to a low carb diet in the last couple of weeks, and have lost about 5 pounds (2.25 kg) in the last two weeks doing the low carb diet. My main problem is the lack of fiber so I am eating unhulled sesame seeds for fiber in the mornings. Sorry to ask, if this seems a little gross, but is the large amount of water you are drinking to avoid constipation? If so, does it work?

It's really good to know that you can do a low carb diet with 100 carbs as the goal and lose weight, too. I am trying for 75 carbs a day, but go over a little some days. Do you find that you don't have food cravings anymore? I am amazed that I don't! We are about the same weight now and want to lose about the same amount, so hope we can encourage each other and lose it together!

Like your "Willy Nilly" guy! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back