Weight-Loss 1st July to N.Y.E. 2018- lose at least 5 kg (11 lbs)

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cate

Long term member
I have set myself this challenge & anyone else is welcome to join me. I will be doing this in a healthy way. You don't have to say what you weigh now, as I won't be. I have 11 kg to lose but am breaking it up into 2 parts.
My current weight is X & my goal weight by the end of 2018 is X-5 kg.
I will update at least once a week.

Last edited:
Ok, I´m with you. Someone said Christmas as the mid-term goal and I´d be happy with that. Starting at X kg and aiming for X-10 by Christmas. I think my current daily goal should be half an hour of walking and one series of squats. Did the squats, on my way to do the walk right now :)

Thanks for starting this Cate!! I can do a friendly challenge with people I already like sharing with!! I don't mind writing weights down, but I want to make learning to be self-nurturing in a healthy way for the long term the main goal, and the next 20 pounds by Christmas the secondary goal.

So yesterday I weighed 208, and I'd like to get down to 188 by Christmas. I'd also like to find a longer term plan that I can stick to exercise each day where I don't wait until bed time to get my exercise in. I need to experiment a bit to figure out how to do this.

Thanks for joining me, LaMa & Marsia. This is definitely a friendly challenge. I am aiming for X-5 by NYE, but, of course, I'm hoping for more.
Today I weighed again & my start weight is 1 less than yesterday. I was hoping that was a blip! So- long-term X-10, but the next 6 months X-5.
I will do my squats before my shower & may get on my exercise bike today instead of a walk.

Hi all
I’m in too . I have already set myself -15lb for Christmas so this suits me perfectly . I’m not sure what that is in kilo

Ok Siri helped me haha
So I’m approx 91kg as of last Thursday so I aim to be 84kg for NYE 2018

Thanks Cate for this .

I’m really feeling under the weather so won’t be typing too much and sorry for all short replies in your diaries but I’ll get back to it in few days .
Off for my walk now at least I getting out. And this is a great boost .

Oh, yay! I was really hoping you would join. It was you & Marsia talking about it that inspired me. Go us :)

Day two and I hiked just over three hours with a height difference of over 500 m. May skip the squats for the day because my hips are a little sore but I´ll weigh in again tomorrow because I skipped this morning (I´m not masochistic enough to weigh myself the morning after having had chicken wings for dinner).

I lost 2 pounds this week mopping ceilings and walls (to get rid of construction dust that I am really allergic to) and taking my mom and kid on short walks. It's been tiring doing a few hours of mopping a day, but a good kind of tired.

I think my new pledge is going to be getting in shape by making my yard and house nice so I get to turn my property and caring for my body both into creative projects of sorts. Being an artist, this is the sort of perspective that will really motivate me. I was feeling guilty for doing housework intensively and then recording it as the equivalent calories burned from things I can find in the calorie counter exercise database. For instance, I did a few hours of mopping and put down that I walked an hour instead (because mopping and most other domestic chores are not in the database.) I felt weird for giving myself credit for something not in the database that is "only" housework. But now that I see it helps me lose weight just the same as an hour of walking, I don't care that I am not being accurate. If it works for me, that's what really matters!

I am starting to feel better about my body image. I wore short sleeves for the first time in ages while out shopping. My arms are not that much better looking, I just feel more positive about my body changing and getting healthier. It doesn't feel as much about how I look as how healthy I feel. This is a really big change for me. I think taking care of my body helps me like me better and treat myself better!

Day two and I hiked just over three hours with a height difference of over 500 m. May skip the squats for the day because my hips are a little sore but I´ll weigh in again tomorrow because I skipped this morning (I´m not masochistic enough to weigh myself the morning after having had chicken wings for dinner).
Wow, 3 hour hike up steep hills!!! I think you earned the chicken wings!

Hi all
I’m in too . I have already set myself -15lb for Christmas so this suits me perfectly . I’m not sure what that is in kilo

Ok Siri helped me haha
So I’m approx 91kg as of last Thursday so I aim to be 84kg for NYE 2018

Thanks Cate for this .

I’m really feeling under the weather so won’t be typing too much and sorry for all short replies in your diaries but I’ll get back to it in few days .
Off for my walk now at least I getting out. And this is a great boost .
Hope you feel better and are getting lots of rest! Great you can get a walk in, and really happy we are all doing this together!!!

Thanks, Marsia! The idea that house work isn´t "work" or "doesn´t count" needs to go away already. Mopping the ceiling? That´s hard work! Well done losing two pounds already.

Day two and I hiked just over three hours with a height difference of over 500 m
Wow- that's impressive LaMa!
I think taking care of my body helps me like me better and treat myself better!
I think that's the key. Mopping ceilings for hours each day? That is serious exercise! Yay for 2 lbs lost Marsia :)
I think it's excellent that we are doing this together. I don't normally do challenges, but, as this is a challenge to ourselves it feels good to me.
Maybe this is what I needed to really focus on getting my weight back down.

Marsia
I have an iwatch and when I do my household chores such as vacuuming or mopping my watch counts it as exercise . I can go on a stroll with my daughter and be walking for maybe 1 hour and i might only clock 8 mins of exercise which can be frustrating. It's all about the intensity and I think household chores is definitely a great workout .

LaMa well done on hike . I managed my walk yesterday for an hour and also went out for BBQ . The food yesterday was not great but that's just one bad day . I have no real excuses now for the next while so hoping to start meeting this challenge .

I don't normally do challenges, but, as this is a challenge to ourselves it feels good to me.
I agree. I am not into competition, but this is nice because it is just about really focusing on each of our goals, but doing it together, like people who all go play tennis together for the exercise and company. It's really nice!

Marsia
I have an iwatch and when I do my household chores such as vacuuming or mopping my watch counts it as exercise . I can go on a stroll with my daughter and be walking for maybe 1 hour and i might only clock 8 mins of exercise which can be frustrating. It's all about the intensity and I think household chores is definitely a great workout .

LaMa well done on hike . I managed my walk yesterday for an hour and also went out for BBQ . The food yesterday was not great but that's just one bad day . I have no real excuses now for the next while so hoping to start meeting this challenge .
Thanks for the reality check! I got a little guilty feeling counting housework as exercise when they don't list these types of things as exercise on the online calorie counter, but I can look up how many calories are burned for each type of exercise on google, so I am all set! It also helps putting on music while doing chores I notice. I actually remember that I am exercising while getting something around the house with the music playing, plus it makes me happy, so the time goes much faster!

I hope you also rest a lot so you get well, too! I am hoping that I'll get to the point where having barbecue will be ok every once in a while because I exercise enough to have some fattening foods here and there!

I agree. I am not into competition, but this is nice because it is just about really focusing on each of our goals, but doing it together, like people who all go play tennis together for the exercise and company. It's really nice!
That's exactly how I feel :)
20 squats down before my shower this morning.
G is doing a fast for a blood test, so I'm just going to have a protein shake for breakfast. I hate them, but I can't bear to just throw it out. Typing that made me realise I haven't actually had it yet. Whoops. Will go have it now. I woke up not hungry.

I actually remember that I am exercising while getting something around the house with the music playing, plus it makes me happy, so the time goes much faster!
I´m pretty sure my mom hates cleaning with a passion. When I was little she´d throw us out into the garden, tell us not to come back in unless there was an emergency and turned up the music to pain levels :D
Decided to give up on exercise plans for the week . There´s no way extra strain is a good idea now, so I´m concentrating on eating healthily.

Eating so healthy while you are sick is excellent LaMa.
I haven't exercised much today, but haven't gone over my calories either so am happy with my day overall. It's 8.15pm on day 3 & I'm feeling positive that I am back on track (at last! ) Thank you my friends xoxo

Food is where the weightloss is in the long run. And you did do your squats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back