Weight-Loss 1st July to N.Y.E. 2018- lose at least 5 kg (11 lbs)

Weight-Loss
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, after my day of meditating, I meditated again today and it was sooo nice. Makes me realize that with consistency, I can lose weight and get calm, so time to get back on the exercise! I am going to go do a half hour of digging gravel today and keep up the exercise better!!

I weighed a day early as I can't tomorrow and I am up 0.5lb . I won't change my signature and will weigh again mon morning and change it then . Have had a couple of carb heavy days and really feeling it today .

I like your signature, Petal. My weight is so volatile. Up/down, up/down.....ad nauseum. It will go down, Petal!
I will weigh again on Monday too.

I agree Cate. I gained 5 pounds in a few days and this week worked at getting it back down to the prior weight. I have a half pound to go to get back down. So I am really seeing that this is a long term thing, with ups and downs along the way!

Well, it's the last day of July 2018. I'm afraid that I can't report any weight-loss yet, but am feeling confident that it will happen soon! I feel lighter. Other 5:2'ers tell me it takes a while before the weight comes off & then it becomes a consistent thing, so I'm very hopeful.
How's it going for you?

I forget to check in here . Well I didn't weigh yesterday as I forgot so will just weigh on Saturday as usual. Have just done a 30 min workout . Intended to do more but I felt tired . But am happy to clock the 30 mins high active exercise .
Cate your weight loss will come .
I'm really hoping to see the 13st figures if not this Saturday then the following one . Would be great but I'm feeling ok at moment so will take that

I weighed myself this morning and am exactly back to my lowest so far 200.2, so I am relieved and won't eat much dairy anymore so my numbers don't fluctuate so much anymore!

My daughter is done studying for her math test - passed it easily we are pretty sure. We'll hear back in a few days. So now we can concentrate on having fun the last few weeks of summer. I plan to go on lots of hikes and swim and sketch with her and just enjoy the last days of freedom!!

I don't think to check in here either :blush5:
We'll do this I'm sure because we do seem focused & determined.
The scales said that I'm X-1kg. I can now tell you that one day last week they said X plus 1.5 kg, which was why I got despondent. Boy, my weight fluctuates! I won't get on the scales again until after my next FD, which probably won't be until next Mon or Tue.

My weight fluctuates like crazy, too, but I figure as long as it goes down over the course of a month or two, I'm ok with that. It took this long to get this chubby, so it's ok that it's taking a while to get healthy. I am going to stop worrying about it so much and just concentrate on how to incorporate more exercise I like and figure out how to be consistent about it so I make this a new habit, like eating well has become a new habit!

Down to 197.6, so lost 10.5 pounds on the challenge so far. Did an inadvertent intermittent fast yesterday because we had a poke bowl and then went to open mike night where there was only pizza which I didn't want, so I didn't eat past around 2pm. It felt really good not to eat. I have been having huge breakfasts of cacao smoothie, sunny side up eggs, rice and home made salsa verde and they fill me up so I don't need much else for the day. Maybe I'll stick to this and just have light things like fruit for dinner. I like having cacao smoothie in the morning because it is so delicious that I don't feel deprived all day. Going out to get more at my big food warehouse store today. It's organic and fair trade and inexpensive, so buying up a lot!

Thanks Cate! I am actually watching videos on intermittent fasting now, because I like the idea of eating less meals. It has been feeling really good to me to eat a big brunch and normal sized dinner. I think I may continue with this, but want to see what they say about nutrition if you cut back on snacking.

Sigh...210.8 on the scale at 7:38pm although at this time yesterday I was at 213 so that's good. My weight fluctuates constantly. I often get down to 203 (at least once every 2 days) but haven't gotten below that yet. Just ate a big bowl of chile after a few hours of swimming with the kids. Lots of protein, veggies and fibre in the chile so I think its a healthy meal. My goal for this summer is to register a weight below 200 at my Wednesday TOPS meeting. Last week it was 205 so 6 pounds to go for the end of summer. That's about 2 pounds a week so it is doable although not realistic I think. My goal that I set last year was to be 193.25 by the end of summer and 180.75 by New Year's. I think its more realistic for me to lose a pound a week so I am thinking I might not get below 200 until mid-September. Unless I can somehow break this plateau I seem to be on. Diet is key. I think my downfall is definitely eating grains instead of fruits/veggies.

I find that eating just a little grains to curb cravings helps for me, and I need to have veggies and fruit pre-prepped and ready to eat for those times when I need something to keep myself from eating too many carbs. My weight fluctuates like crazy, too! Mid-September does seem more do-able. I don't feel like I need to put pressure on myself to reach a certain weight by a certain time really, I just want to keep losing a little at a time while figuring out how I am going to keep it off eventually! Good luck!!

Had a loss this week happily so am now X-1.5 kg. At long last my weight is starting to move in the right direction. :D

Weighed in at 194.2 this morning, so have lost 13.8 pounds on the challenge so far. I hope keto works and I can lose the other 6 pounds by winter. I'm feeling like I can start to substitute exercising for stress eating, so may make it!

13.8 lbs lost already is quite amazing, Marsia!
I'm not sure that setting up a challenge was a good thing for me. I don't usually do well with challenges. It's the contrariness in me I think.
2.6 kg in one month I won't try. One kilo a month from now on will see me achieving my initial goal. If I lose my 5 kg by the end of the year I will be content with that. Obviously, if I lose more I will be happy too, but I don't want to put pressure on myself by overdoing it & I feel settled & confident doing 5:2 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back