365 Days Wedding Weight Loss

Day 22

Pasta pesto was cast aside for lunch with my mum. I had small baked potatoes with some shredded ham, spinach and a fried egg. It was amazing.

When I answered the recommended questions in my initial post I said that I probably ate out 3 times per month but I'm starting to realise it is more like 3 times per week. Trying not to feel guilty,... I might not have the money and time to spend after I'm married when I could have more than just myself to worry about.

I have my nephew overnight today. I love having him. I was always sceptical when mums who were in great shape would say it is from running around after their kids or forgetting to eat but after rocking him to sleep for 45 minutes, postponing my dinner until he was down and clearing up the chaos that comes with a baby, I sat down, wiped my brow and I can really see how the calories must be burned inadvertently. Well I hope they were for me today...

Dinner was chicken rice and veg. Kind of a staple dinner in this house. I opened some feta a couple of days ago so I had to use it before it went bad. Sprinkled some on my rice.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend :)

Day 23

An unintended fast until around 4.30pm. The baby was with me until around 12.30 and by the time he left I felt the overwhelming urge to scrub the house. M plays gealic football and had a match at 2pm so I rushed out to watch it so I didn't get a chance to think about food. This kind of gives me a clue why I've been struggling recently to avoid bad food choices and it is definitely because I had been bored.

Had a slice of bread with butter and marmalade when I arrived home and I have just finished a dinner of fresh ravioli (in butter and egg yoke but I only had a handful of raviolis) and two types of salad (3 bean with quinoa and a garden salad). Finished yesterday's feta as I needed to clear the fridge for being away the next few days. Originally we were going to come home on Tuesday but it is now Wednesday. Have decided to just go with the flow until I'm home. I haven't this family in a couple of years and what will be will be.

Supposed to be working from home so must remember to log into Skype while I am eating drinking and being merry.

Hope you are all keeping well.
R

Day 24/25/26

As expected, relaxed eating and enjoying my family's company. Probably not worth counting the calories but actually I don't feel like I binged.

Missed 2 work outa but will get back to my routine tomorrow with a fast day and a work out on Friday morning.

I do feel a little bit uncomfortable in my jeans today after a few days of carbs but I know that will change quickly.

Hope you have all had a nice few days.
R

Glad you enjoyed it. Carb bloat is very uncomfortable. I don't get that since I gave up wheat. I have had some lovely home time, which I love. So peaceful.

Sounds like you're doing well even on "relaxed" eating days. That's a valuable skill, carb bloat or not.

... I didn't get a chance to think about food. ...

any activity is a two pronged attack on weight loss. not only are you moving more than usual, but as you point out, it keeps your mind off food very effectively. i used to have a very active weekend twice a month, but since March.... almost 6 months now... it's been canceled by the pandemic.

any activity is a two pronged attack on weight loss. not only are you moving more than usual, but as you point out, it keeps your mind off food very effectively. i used to have a very active weekend twice a month, but since March.... almost 6 months now... it's been canceled by the pandemic.
100% agree and also struggling with the same cancellation of routine and activity since the pandemic began. Hopefully we can look forward to normality soon?

Glad you enjoyed it. Carb bloat is very uncomfortable. I don't get that since I gave up wheat. I have had some lovely home time, which I love. So peaceful.
So glad your trip was worth the travel stress. I don't know if I could give up wheat. Well done to you for cutting it out.

Day 27

Spent some time in the office today which helped me get over the hump of this fast day but I am so low on energy the last 2 days I ended up eating some lentil soup with bread and butter. I would estimate around 600 calories. Not a great fast day but I was even contemplating taking this week off so it's better than I could have been.

This week has not been helpful for the scales. I'm not comfortable with that at all but I feel that it has been worth it to enjoy the week. I have lots of time.

Thank you again to all of your kind words the last few weeks they have been a source of encouragement during a time when I am tempted most days just to pack it all in!

R

Cate's right, 600 calories is a good day. And I don't think it wise to let your energy level get too low, better lentil soup that that!
during a time when I am tempted most days just to pack it all in!
Don't do that, you are doing well; I believe better than you think. And any time you are tempted to pack it in please post here, we will do what we can to keep you in the game.

What the others said. As long as you keep going even at a snail's pace you're winning against anyone who gives up.

Cate's right, 600 calories is a good day. And I don't think it wise to let your energy level get too low, better lentil soup that that!

Don't do that, you are doing well; I believe better than you think. And any time you are tempted to pack it in please post here, we will do what we can to keep you in the game.
Thank you, it really does help!

Day 28/365

An OK eating day,.. veggie chilli for lunch and fish with salad and baked veg for dinner. Hard to calculate calories for today. I did have some bold snacks in between meals including a flapjack and 3 cocktails. Those will be the killers today.

Weight still maintained so far. If I just get through this summer maintaining my weight then I'll be happy. If I've eaten lots of carbs I definitely feel tight in my clothes but otherwise I don't dislike my shape so I feel OK (today anyway) to hang around this size if it means enjoying a cocktail or two before this inevitable second lockdown :(

I find summer harder with restricting calories. It's such a social time. Not disliking your shape is a wonderful thing. I love hearing that!

Not a cocktail fan but flapjack sounds yummy!

Back