Fantastic low fat, low cholesterol salad. Great as a side salad with any tasty fish dish!
- 12 spears of fresh asparagus
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 10 leaves lettuce
- Cut asparagus into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Microwave for approximately 5 minutes or until just cooked but still crisp.
- In a medium bowl, combine the asparagus, tomatoes, onions and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, cheese and mustard.
- Add to the vegetable mixture and toss until well coated.
- To serve, line salad plates with romaine lettuce leaves and spoon salad on top.