A delectable side dish on your b-b-q's and Asian dishes, with a twist of sweet,sour and spicy flavor.
- 4 medium mangos - peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the mango cubes into a serving bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the lime juice and olive oil. Season with red pepper flakes, cilantro, shallots, salt and pepper. Whisk briefly, then pour over the mangos. Stir to coat, then cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to blend the flavors before serving.