Very refreshing salsa!
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple (about 1/4 pineapple)
- 1/2 cup chopped red sweet pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 fresh serrano or jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Snipped fresh cilantro (optional)
- In a medium bowl stir together pineapple, sweet pepper, onion, the 2 tablespoons cilantro, serrano pepper, lime peel, and salt. To serve, if desired, sprinkle with additional snipped fresh cilantro. If not serving immediately, store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 24 hours.