Very healthy salad. Tangelo itself (which is a citrus fruit) provides a great deal of Vitamin C
- 2 tsp coarse-grained mustard
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp grated tangelo rind
- 5 tangelos
- 1 Tbl honey
- 1 1/2 cup loosely packed watercress leaves
- 1 1/2 cup arugula
- 1 cup thin sliced Belgian endive
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small jar, and set aside.
- Peel and section 2 tangelos; set aside. Squeeze juice from remaining 3 tangelos to measure ½ cup juice. Combine juice and honey in a small sauce pan, stirring well. Bring juice mixture to a boil; cook, uncovered, until reduced to 1/3 cup, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and cool completely. Add juice mixture to mustard mixture in jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously.
- Combine watercress, arugula, and endive in a bowl; add mustard mixture, and toss gently. Place watercress mixture evenly on individual salad plates; top with tangelo sections and strawberry slices.