Known to be laden with fat, here's a health approach to a popular pasta dish.
- 1 tbsp reduced fat butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup fat-free cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces fettuccine
- Boil pasta according to instructions.
- Steam vegetables for about 3 minutes.
- Melt the butter and add the garlic.
- Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add flour and milk to form paste.
- Stir until mixture thickens.
- Add cream cheese and Parmesan.
- Keep on stirring till smooth.
- In a large bowl combine hot pasta and vegetables.
- Garnish with parsley or chives.