Hummus is a popular food in various local forms throughout the Middle Eastern world.This home made hummus is is high in iron, Vitamin C and a low fat meal.
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon each cumin and paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Drain the beans and reserve the liquid.
- Process the beans until smooth in a food processor using the steel knife, or mash them well with a potato masher or fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- The mixture should be moist and spreadable.
- If it is too dry, add enough of the reserved bean liquid to achieve the desired consistency.