A great and easy snack, or a light meal for the day. Chicken curry, with peppers and fruit in a pita.
- 1 cup (250 mL) chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) red pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) green apple, diced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) red grapes, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 whole-wheat pita, cut in half
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) light mayonnaise type dressing
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grainy dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) curry powder
- pepper to taste
- In a large bowl mix together mayonnaise, mustard, curry powder and pepper.
- Toss in chicken, red pepper, apple, grapes and romaine.
- Place 1/2 the mixture into each half of the pita.