All the fresh flavors of summer are here in one bowl! Very low in calories and fat.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (about 4)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup sliced fresh okra (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper (about 1)
- 1 finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add okra; sauté 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add bell pepper and jalapeño; cook 5 minutes. Add corn; cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans; cook 2 minutes. Stir in cilantro; sprinkle with salt and black pepper.