These are a great dessert with raspberries to boost your anti-oxidant in-take, and chocolate for those chocolate lovers!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In glass bowl, melt butter and chocolate in microwave about 1 minute.
- Stir in applesauce, jam and sugar until well blended.
- Lightly beat egg white and stir in vanilla.
- Mix with chocolate mixture.
- Gently stir in flour and walnuts.
- Use cooking spray to grease muffin pan. Spoon batter into pan filling to top.
- Bake at 350ºF about 10 – 12 minutes.
- Let cool in pan 5 minutes, put on rack and cool completely.