A hearty hot soup to start your meals.
- 6 cups of homemade or canned chicken broth
- 2 large carrots, scraped and sliced
- 1 large stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 cup of sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups of cooked chicken, diced (12 ounces)
- 1 cup of canned plum tomatoes (4 whole tomatoes) coarsely chopped, with liquid
- 3 cups cooked egg noodles (2 cups of dry noodles)
- Put all ingredients except noodles into pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until carrots are cooked.
- Put 1/2 cup noodles into each bowl.
- Ladle soup over noodles.