Easy and delicious!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, minced
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, onion, celery and bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender (about 4 minutes).
- Add the tomatoes, bay leaf, salt and cayenne pepper. Continue to cook the Creole sauce for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in an 8 x 11 inch baking dish. Pour the Creole sauce over the chicken.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until the chicken is tender and white throughout.