This recipe is great for cheese lovers. It has 3 different kinds of cheese and is still low in fat! This healthy dish makes for a great dinner meal for guests or your family
- 8 ounces tofu
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 8 manicotti shells
- 1 - 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1-16 oz. Can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Drain and dry 8 ounces tofu. Mash the tofu with a fork until broken up. Lightly beat egg whites and stir in parmesan cheese, ricotta, parsley, salt, pepper and tofu.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of the mix into each manicotti shell. Arrange shells in a 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir together tomato sauce,diced tomatoes, basil, sugar and garlic powder. Pour mix over shells. Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella before serving.