Beef and Broccoli is one of the healthiest dinner you can cook for your family. Great for adults and kids.
- 1 lb round steak, sliced in thin strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can beef broth
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 4 cups broccoli flowerets
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1. Coat skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat for one minute.
- 2. Add beef, onion and minced garlic; stir fry until brown.
- 3. Remove the beef to a plate and keep warm.
- 4. Add half the broth and broccoli to pan.
- 5. Cover and simmer until broccoli is tender crisp.
- 6. Mix cornstarch, brown sugar, garlic powder, ginger and soy sauce with remaining broth until smooth; add to the pan.
- 7. Cook until mixture begins thicken, stirring constantly.
- 8. Return beef to mixture, stir and serve over rice.