A sure hit to everyone.Whipped this up in no time!
- 2/3 cup all-bran cereal (not flakes)
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar (I use brown sugar twin))
- 3 tablespoons becel margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375f degrees.
- Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine bran cereal and applesauce, let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in egg, dates, brown sugar and margarine.
- In a large bowl, blend flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir cereal mixture into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set and golden.
- Cool on rack.
- This can also be made into a loaf, bake for 45 min to 1 hour